More Logging Pics - May26th - Malton

Well i went up to North Yorkshire yesterday with my mate too pick up a massive tree that needed shifting from an estate. It was that big we needed a bit of help from a herd of bulls and an Aec Matador from another age lol…

Looks very much to me like Sledmere does that, which is only about 3 miles from where I live. If that is the tree I think it is, it blew down in the big winds we had 3 or 4 months back.

Paul

Excellent photos Toby, good to see the AEC still working. That Matador is even older than its number plate suggests - it would be more than 60 than years old…

He’s having 2nd thoughts about selling the Foden now as its double drive, his new Scania is coming mid June which would have struggled across those 2 fields yesterday. Apparently theres over 6 months waiting for a newly ordered Scania now.

Great Pics, I love the old Mat. timber tug especially as it’s still working.

According to aecmilitant.co.uk there is an example registered on an old P plate. Obviously this reflects it’s date of first registration rather than it’s true age.

just wondering, do you have onboard weighers or is it a bit of guesswork?

great pics, looks like a nice place to spend the day working!

Great pics mate, I love the look of that tree trunk, would keep my wood burner going for years!!!

Good Pics :smiley:

euromat:
just wondering, do you have onboard weighers or is it a bit of guesswork?

great pics, looks like a nice place to spend the day working!

Matt there is a weigh on the Hiab but the max lift is 2.5tonne, the biggest piece was approx 5tonne and had the matador front wheels lifting too so in the end we guessed the load and used a weighbridge today.

Quality truck, why would he want to get rid of it!!!

8 legger:
Quality truck, why would he want to get rid of it!!!

Dunno really, basically it’s 4 years old and he likes too be reliable etc…he’s putting a new bumper & steps on the Foden as there battered a bit but hes tempted too keep it as a spare while he decides if he likes the Scania which will be on the road July 1st.

repton:
Looks very much to me like Sledmere does that, which is only about 3 miles from where I live. If that is the tree I think it is, it blew down in the big winds we had 3 or 4 months back.

Paul

Sledmere … not too far from me either

Has your boss sold it now then? Thes one on Walker Movements web site at the moment

He got the new Scania on the road on Weds Aug 1st, the Foden is at Scania in Leeds i think taken in part ex :slight_smile:

took some pics of the new scania tonight but i let him keep my sd card so he could print some off 1st too, so i’ll upload asap, looks a sweet truck altho its got scratches on already lol, bloody branches. :frowning: