More jobs in different areas?

Hi all, I’m 90% certain I’ll be setting out on my journey to obtain my class 2 asap. As you can imagine I’ve been looking at all the forums and asking people who are in/used to be in the trade for advice and something I get a lot is that due to my location I should have a good chance of getting work, agency or not, as soon as I’ve passed. I just wanted to know from you guys on here if this could be true? I’m based in Chesterfield so pretty central and within easy commute of Derby, Notts, Sheffield and Manchester.

Cannot help with job market but check out the link in my signature below

Cheers ROG will do. All help greatly appreciated.

Talking to a driver in that area there is a good chance you will get work ok better if you have CE mind

animal:
Talking to a driver in that area there is a good chance you will get work ok better if you have CE mind

Is it not more difficult to get c+e jobs though? Due to inexperience/insurance etc

Baggers75:

animal:

Is it not more difficult to get c+e jobs though? Due to inexperience/insurance etc

Dosent make any difference but the area you are in they want / need drivers this is talking to drivers in that area

animal:

Baggers75:

animal:

Dosent make any difference but the area you are in they want / need drivers this is talking to drivers in that area

Ok thanks for the heads up…I’m probably up to 95% certain now!

I live in Devon and having to do the slow agency route to get my experience back up but I know people in various parts of the country and if it wasn’t for family commitments I could pretty well walk into a driving job from general haulage to container work if I were willing to move so yeah, I’d say location makes a difference.

Yeah I’d say there’s a reasonable chance of work from there, or at least as much as you’ll find when starting out and defo more than say Norfolk. Sizeable places like Chesterfield have plenty of places needing stuff shifting (as they’re not a “services sector” town) and thus plenty of companies, especially pallet ones, willing to shift it - easiest equation for working out your job prospects.

Baggers75:
I’m based in Chesterfield so pretty central and within easy commute of Derby, Notts, Sheffield and Manchester.

Just remember that “easy commute” is alright until you’ve done a 15 hour working day starting at 5am and then have to drive 1 1/2 hours home, eat, sleep and drive back to the yard for 5am. Would recommend an hour drive absolute max and even that can wear you out pretty quick.