More jobs going

dailyexpress.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=920
Typical of the [zb] BBC,awarding the contract to a firm who want to relocate jobs abroad,throwing British worker’s on the scrapheap.
Looks like we’ll all be getting bombarded with even more 'phone calls from gobbledygook merchants in India. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

if they don’t talk understandable english then i’m not interested in talking to them. its only courtesy if they are disturbing my private time with the familly and wot not

We should withold the licence fee until the BBC reverse this traitorous decision.
Far too many call centre jobs are being lost to India.
I am unhappy about foreigners being able to access my personal information.
I changed my I.P. from B.T.,should be I.T.(India Telecom),as I was getting bombarded with 'phone calls from Indian call centres.
Changed to an I.P. who had UK call centres.

Its even harder talking to the ■■■■■■■■ with a scottish accent I ■■■■■■■ hate them we have to put up with ■■■■■■■ commy block ■■■■■■■ coming here and stealing our work now they are taking the work abroad its a ■■■■■■■ joke this country.

Why would anyone even need to speak to the TV licence people on the phone, I’ve never had a reason to and can’t think of one. You can buy/renew it online, you can notify them of change of address/contact details online. I really don’t give a [zb] where their call centre is as I can’t imagine ever having to speak to them anyway.

But the point is that they do already employ people in the UK to do that job, and they are now going to outsource those jobs. So although the BBCs wage costs will be lower, the money they pay to have a call centre in India will no longer enter the UK money-go-round.

I can see civil war in this country before long how much more of this [zb] is the british worker supposed to put up with.

Harry Monk:
But the point is that they do already employ people in the UK to do that job, and they are now going to outsource those jobs. So although the BBCs wage costs will be lower, the money they pay to have a call centre in India will no longer enter the UK money-go-round.

but what can we do about it ? we can chose not to deal with companies that “outsource” jobs but we can’t chose not to pay our tv licence :exclamation:

Harry Monk:

But then you have all those previously unfilled jobs that are now being done by Polish and others. That is generating income tax and NI payments where previously there were none, and that money will be in UK money-go-round so it’s swings and roundabouts, or should that be swings and money-go-rounds. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I can see civil war in this country before long how much more of this [zb] is the british worker supposed to put up with.

Ask the Polish people here how to do that, they have some experiance in this sort of thing. They managed to remove the Communists from their country without too much bloodshed not that long ago. My missus could help you if you want, she got the crap kicked out of her a few times for not following the rules.

To the orignal post, no I really think its not right farming out jobs in this manner, my internet provider does it and rang once, had no idea what he said about my internet problem. It seems the way of the world, but I guess the bottom line is we are pretty happy to get the cheaper prices or services, then this will often be the result. I would boycot a company who operated like this if I had the choice, in this case I guess we have not. Would we be prepare to pay a higher licence fee to retain such jobs?

But then you have all those previously unfilled jobs that are now being done by Polish and others. That is generating income tax and NI payments where previously there were none, and that money will be in UK money-go-round so it’s swings and roundabouts, or should that be swings and money-go-rounds

Thats is true Coffee, but are they spending any of their money here, apart from taxes and N.I. The new influx live in cheap housing and the money goes back home to Poland for the most part, I know because it what I do and what my Polish friends do. I built a house in Poland with what I have not spent here.

I would never agree with gsm31 and a few others to their thoughts on Poles as a race, I know them to be very different people to how they get discribe on here sometimes, but I understand and agree that the many thousands of new EU job seekers arrive however hard working and flexible they indeed are must give concern for people who maybe get effected. Too me this seems to be the UK PLC looking after the books and not its own people

Andy

drew128:
Thats is true Coffee, but are they spending any of their money here, apart from taxes and N.I.

In my experience go into any shopping centre or supermarket and there seems to be plenty of them shopping like mad and forking over plenty of cash at the tills. Is it not one of the oft heard ‘complaints’ that you can’t move in any town centre for Poles? :wink: :smiley:

Drew128,I don’t expect you to agree with my views.
Let me run this scenario by you,600,000 Poles have come to Britain(official estimate),the true number is nearer the 1,000,000 mark.
Now, imagine if 1,000,000 Brits had gone to Poland,had undercut the locals to get jobs,driven down the hourly rate and living standards,how do you think the Poles would feel?
What worries me about Poland as well is,they are having to bring in Ukrainians to fill jobs, because Poles have come over here to work.
That means Ukrainians are going to get E.U. citizenship by the back door.
The Ukrainians will also have easy access to fake Polish passports.
Officials in Romania expect a mass exodus next month and they say they will have to import workers from Turkey,Ukraine and China.
That is totally unacceptable,the E.U. should step in and stop E.U. countries from employing non E.U. nationals.
The Bulgarians are giving out passports to Macedonians who can prove the vaguest connection to Bulgaria.
Again,not acceptable,Macedonians are getting access to the E.U. by the back door

GSM31, I agree with a lot of what you say, when I came back to live in the UK early this year from 6 years in Danmark my jaw was dropping on a regular basis. I could go on and on at the daftness of the UK I have seen this year. I personally feel that a policy that would allow someone to gain access to another country if it could be shown they were needed or be shown that they could support themsleves and be no burben, as I had to do in Danmark and Polen, then that party gets my vote. 600,000 new workers smaks of someone just balancing the books. Is there a party will the balls to tackle that?

Coffee, I can only speak of my circle of Polish friends here and they ain’t spending here. Hopefully the Poles in yout neck of the woods are spending like mad in ASDA and then sending stuff home via DHL.

Andy

That’s the other thing- we are poaching doctors, dentists, electricians and- yes- truck drivers- from countries in which those people are not in surplus.

This government’s policy on immigration is plain wrong, and until a decent, ordinary person can say that without being without being tarred with the Racist brush, then the BNP and their fellow-travellers are going to continue to gain ground.

dafdave:

Before that happens,I can see a few of them getting sent back in a pine overcoat,resembling tetley teabags(100’s of perforations).
This country is a total joke now,we’ve got radioactive Russians and cutthroat Somali’s all over the place.