More Grid Lock

Midlands (And now The N/W) motorways cabbaged again - why?

I’ve lived near the M6 my whole life. I can’t actually remember a time when it wasn’t zbed up. Don’t know what’s up with J10-J8. They’ve got the slip road and hard shoulder coned off. Sometimes they close an extra lane. J10-J12ish is becoming managed motorway. Further up at J27ish-J31ish is a pain in the goddamned backside.

If you try to go from Birmingham to Liverpool, allow 4 hours. It’s stupid.

Thx for the info - just wanted a rant and the reason it all stops because someone cocked up 12 hrs earlier allegedly!

This is one of the reasons I tramp.

fatal accident j5-6 :frowning:

markymodem:
fatal accident j5-6 :frowning:

I’m sorry to hear that.

Could ease the congestion in an instant by making the M6 toll free when there is a major closure, biggest waste of money, the toll road has done nothing to help congestion around Birmingham

mazzer:
Could ease the congestion in an instant by making the M6 toll free when there is a major closure, biggest waste of money, the toll road has done nothing to help congestion around Birmingham

At £11 for a HGV, it never will.

Conan the Librarian:

mazzer:

At £11 for a HGV, it never will.

It was £8.60 at 05:15 this morning, and no traffic jam :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And now… J20 M6 (Lymm Interchange) ruined for the rest of the day. Bad enough when it’s running okay.