More dcpc bull!

limeyphil:

jetskimatty:
If they’re FITTED they must be working immaterial. Period.

Wrong.

correct :sunglasses: obligatory only :laughing: PERIOD :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: mind you, try telling red caps at irun :smiley:

Some bloke was trying to tell me it’s £30 per missing ratchet strap as well, 26x£30 = £780.

I just told him I’d take it ginger & just as well I was rich! (Tic).

Talking of the Basque traffic enforcement bods who do wear Red beret hats.A Portuguese owner driver was nicked a few grand for his rear orange marker plates were too faded by the sun.Not the Adr orange plates.
The driver was in tears handing over a thick wad.

Bking:
One hell of a unit nearly 20 ft long!

You’ll need a tape measure longer than 20ft/6m to measure from the front bumper to the rearmost chassis point on a lot of 6x2 units.

You don’t need to bother though, if the manufacturer has fitted side marker lights you know it’s over 6m :wink:

Overall length of a current model 6x2 Scania tractor unit is 6.24m

Roymondo:

What!!! and if this tripe is right which I doubt very much the wing marker/repeater is still within 6 metres of the tail light side marker.Besides the max length between marker lights is 3.3 meters (10 feet) not 3 meters.

Bking:

Roymondo:

What!!! and if this tripe is right which I doubt very much the wing marker/repeater is still within 6 metres of the tail light side marker.Besides the max length between marker lights is 3.3 meters (10 feet) not 3 meters.

Doubt it as much as you like - it’s in black and white on the Scania website. It certainly is not tripe.

I think that the American style bonneted units would be more than 20 feet long.I met one near Callander this morning,could have been Sandy Kidds old stock.

One of my little gay front grill lights (you know the 3 that are fitted to a certain hauliers motors) didn’t work for 2 years. Passed its tests no bother. I’m guessing I passed a few Vosa and police traffic bods in that time, so no getting tasered and locked in leg irons for 3 months.

So a tractor is half the length of a 13 mtr trailer?

Pull the other one eh!

That would be “interesting” to drive

Kerbdog:
Ive been told by many VOSA people, policemen and general garage mechanics if a light is fitted then it should work. I have a Saab car, it has 2 bulbs on each side for the tail lights, if one isn’t working then it needs to be replaced. Even the car computer wil tell you the tail light is out on whichever side a bulb is gone even though there is still one working. I’m not sure about the LED markers on the top of a trailer as I don’t even think they are legal if they are not orange on the side of a vehicle anyway !

So if a computer told you to stick your hand in the fire…

Bking:
So a tractor is half the length of a 13 mtr trailer?

Pull the other one eh!

That would be “interesting” to drive

I’m not “pulling” anything - The current Scania 6x2 chassis has a wheelbase of 4.0m, a rear overhang of 0.78m and a front overhang of 1.46m (all detailed in scania.co.uk/Images/RG410LA6 … 396590.pdf if you can be bothered to read it). This gives a total nose-to-tail length of 6.24m.

Ok will measure one on Sunday night.

Or just don’t bother and switch the sidelights on. If two little orange lights come on down the side it will be. :unamused:

Unlikely to be a 10ft separation either as the regs emanate from the EU and they’re not usually too keen on imperial. :wink:

jetskimatty:
If they’re FITTED they must be working immaterial. Period.

Wrong…only statutory lighting is required. Fit what you will,as long as the requirement is met you’re good to go. :wink:

HOT NEWS!

Apparently anybody with a class 1 licence ( c+e ) who drives a wagon and diddly is doing so illegally. You now have to sit an extra test in order to drive a w+d. This is absolute fact because the dcpc trainer said so and he even showed his licence which had the “new” category on it.

The informant even had a pdf file on their ipad so got it out to show me. Strangely the title of the topic on the pdf was c1+e. But it must be right because the dcpc trainer said so.

WHY DO THICK DRIVERS BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT THE DCPC TRAINER SAYS TO BE ABSOLUTE GOSPEL?

Truckbling:
HOT NEWS!

Apparently anybody with a class 1 licence ( c+e ) who drives a wagon and diddly is doing so illegally. You now have to sit an extra test in order to drive a w+d. This is absolute fact because the dcpc trainer said so and he even showed his licence which had the “new” category on it.

The informant even had a pdf file on their ipad so got it out to show me. Strangely the title of the topic on the pdf was c1+e. But it must be right because the dcpc trainer said so.

WHY DO THICK DRIVERS BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT THE DCPC TRAINER SAYS TO BE ABSOLUTE GOSPEL?

Does anyone know when the DVLA issue the restriction on a driving licence that restricts you to drawbar only vehicles?
There is a restriction for it but any C+E pass is a pass as far as I’m aware so why does this restriction exist?

The restriction exists because when the category rules changed in 1991 (I think) existing Class 2 (as was) drivers were granted grandfather rights C+E Category with restriction code 102 (drawbar trailers only) - meaning no artics, but they can still drive W&D. I think I’m correct. As far as I’m aware these driver’s haven’t passed a test with a trailer, only in a rigid■■?

Thanks Daz

Bking:
Ok will measure one on Sunday night.

What was the result of your tape-measure exercise?