More cynical everyday

i think its my age. God knows what i’ll be like in ten years time if i get that far.
I drive through the road works today on the A550 heading back to base and theres a concrete mixer speeding through the 40mph roadworks. Nothing to do with me and it doesn’t affect me so i just mind my own buisness. We then come up to a stationary queue of traffic and this doesn’t stop him gainingg on and tailgating the car in front of him which then has to stop and he only just made it, i was sure he was going to rear end the car or swerve nearside into me. I draw level and give him a ‘are you stupid’ look, and then just for good measure because i know it will annoy the hell out of him, i stick my head out the window and look back at him and give him some more stupid looks!! As he passes me he puts his hand up to say sorry!!! As we near the end of the roadworks he pulls in at the last minute to exit onto the works site, the very one that the 40mph safety limit is up for. I’ll give tipper drivers some credit, they only ignore speed limits when its not their own site they are working on.
Just prior to that i had been getting tipped on a bay where they open your container doors inside the bay. When i was tipped a guy banged on the side of the container to wake me up (from the bay) and said you’re done pull off. So, when i did i heard about ten people shout “whoa!”. The container doors where still fully open and just about to rip all the weather protection and shuttering off the sides of the bay!! ‘Stevie Wonder’ just hadn’t associated the container in his bay with open doors as a part of me and thought only about getting the next one on.
And my favourite today was a place in Winsford, when i got there and they told me which doorway to back up to, after waiting for about half an hour, i could see them around the back doors of the container, one came up and said “are you gonna take the seal off or what?”, i said " your seal is nothing to do with me, i have no permission or equiptment to remove it", “ok”, he said"if we get it off will you pop open the doors?". …“no mate, it doesn’t work like that. I bring the container to you, you do what you like with it and tell me when you are finished. Thats how it works”…“oh, ok”…
I’d of finished my daily mail cryptic crossword in less than 30 minutes if they hadn’t interupted me!!
Next i think i’d like my train drivers licence ! :smiley: