Mopeds

OK, who is going to confess to owning… a moped? :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s my current steed. I gave £225 plus my Piaggio ET2 for it. It’s a Honda NC50 Express. It’s 40 years old so it’s tax and MOT exempt from April of this year. With my fat arse on it, it will do about 27mph.

I liked the Piaggio, it was just too bulky and too heavy to keep on the boat whereas this fits on the bow deck perfectly and it weighs less than 50kg so I can lift it on and off myself. I’ll be taking it away cruising with me for the Summer, I’m heading off sometime this week.

C’mon then, let’s see your “Nifty Fifty”! :smiley:

My Batavus, genuine mileage 829. Does 36 mph. M plate

Aug '73 to July '74 M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a long time ago now, but my first road going machine was a NSU quickly . Similar style to the above .Thank held less than a gallon and it went forever on a tankful , two gears with twist grip change ,a genuine 40 mph too. The boys on their fancy fizzies struggled to keep up with it . Not a bird puller but I loved it . If I remember correctly i paid £8 for it.

Harry Monk:
OK, who is going to confess to owning… a moped? [emoji14]

Here’s my current steed. I gave £225 plus my Piaggio ET2 for it. It’s a Honda NC50 Express. It’s 40 years old so it’s tax and MOT exempt from April of this year. With my fat arse on it, it will do about 27mph.

I liked the Piaggio, it was just too bulky and too heavy to keep on the boat whereas this fits on the bow deck perfectly and it weighs less than 50kg so I can lift it on and off myself. I’ll be taking it away cruising with me for the Summer, I’m heading off sometime this week.

Had that got the “clockspring” starter on it Harry?
My mum had one. I borrowed it a couple of times. (Had to hide my face from my mates of course) Very well made little things.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Had that got the “clockspring” starter on it Harry?

Yes, a lot of them have been converted to kick start because the starter spring snaps, or is over-wound, but mine still has the clockwork starter. It’s pretty much original apart from having had the “oil pump delete” modification done, so it now runs on premixed petrol and 2-stroke oil, the mixer pumps were fairly unreliable after a certain age and there was no way of knowing they had failed until the engine seized, so most Express owners do that mod.

Excellent

i’ve got an old 1950’s Raleigh RM1 'ped in my garage :blush:
never rode it…a mate gave it to me and it has just sat there for about 10 years

carryfast-yeti:
i’ve got an old 1950’s Raleigh RM1 'ped in my garage :blush:
never rode it…a mate gave it to me and it has just sat there for about 10 years

Photo, or it doesn’t exist. :stuck_out_tongue:

Used to have a Honda C50 many years ago - brilliant machine. Would love another but too expensive these days!
Harry Monk - is that an unsecured load I see in the basket? :wink:

gardun:

Of course not. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s my reserve fuel container BTW, the main tank only holds just over two litres so that gives a range of only about 45 miles, although to be honest I can’t see myself ever going that far on it.

Harry Monk:

gardun:

Of course not. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s my reserve fuel container BTW, the main tank only holds just over two litres so that gives a range of only about 45 miles, although to be honest I can’t see myself ever going that far on it.

ADR?? :wink: :wink:

Like shagging a fat bird, loads of fun until your mates see you.

Might see if I can find a cheap one.

Jimmy McNulty:

Why??

bobbya:

Jimmy McNulty:

Why??

Because his wife is on a diet?

Not really a moped but very much a moped from the future.

Been commuting to work on this all summer and having a blast.
Pennies to run.

What type of speed/ range do go get out of that Andie? Did you do the conversion yourself or are they made like that?

Harry Monk:
What type of speed/ range do go get out of that Andie? Did you do the conversion yourself or are they made like that?

Typically I get around 35Ks at 50Kph. If you were to use it in full power mode it will go 65Kph for about 20Ks and in low power and pedaling it will go 25Kph for a least 100Ks.
I bought the downhill mountain bike specifically for this build as it has brakes and suspension more like a motocross bike. Then I bought all the parts I needed from China and screwed it all together.

As a teenager I had a Mobylette. Good little thing that went for so long on a gallon of juice that I was always running out. I used to go from Streatham to Bromley (Kent) every day on it. Only drawback was no reserve tank.

Harry Monk:
OK, who is going to confess to owning… a moped? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m pretty sure I go past where you’re moored regularly when I cut across from the Fosse way to Magna Park but haven’t spotted your moped.
Anyway you need to alter the boat not the bike

I’ve seen a few boats with various types of lifts and ramps and which carry larger motorcycles, but I don’t have a full motorcycle licence, and in fact I haven’t even taken a CBT. I have a full AM (moped) category licence because I took my car test before 2001.

Additionally, I don’t need a bigger bike, I only use it for local trips to go shopping etc, a couple of days ago I used it to go into Ormskirk to get something from Argos, that was five miles each way and it took less than 15 minutes.

I would like to do my CBT, test etc and get a bigger bike but even if I did I would probably just keep it on the mooring and use the Honda as my boat bike. It’s amazing how many comments it gets, most people haven’t seen one for years.