Moon landing denier

Own Account Driver:

Rjan:
[…]

Didn’t David Kelly want to blow it wide open there were no WMDs in Iraq?

Remind me how that panned out for him.

But indeed, look how it panned out. It provoked the biggest single anti-war march in history. Hans Blix is still around to crow about finding no WMD. Blair is reviled. Everybody knows about Kelly’s death - and it hardly reflects better on the government if Kelly was actually driven to suicide, rather than murdered. If it was a putsch against truth itself, it was an utter failure.

Carryfast:

Rjan:
[…]

I don’t get your conclusions.

1.Any war with the Soviet Union had to go nuclear by default with no way of beating the Soviet Union in a conventional war.

But the Americans were similarly unbeatable in a conventional war. The Soviets had no decisive upper hand against them, other than in the ideological arena.

2.The whole space programme was definitely subject to defence standard classification of its activities or at least a need to know basis.Much of that classification only recently being lifted.

But then by your own logic, there is a great deal that is classified that turns out not to involve any concealment of fraud! My point is very simple, that the Apollo programme overall could not be considered a “classified” or “secret” programme. Its activities and results were in the public eye. The US spent about a tenth of a trillion dollars on it - it’s not some murky operation in the jungle, it involved the work of thousands of firms and millions of American workers.

3.It’s also equally obvious that it was seen as being in the national interest to ‘outdo’ the Russkies both technologically and ideologically.If for no other reason than to bluff them regarding US ballistics capabilities and the resulting deterrent effect of that.Not to mention domestic consumption.

But nobody disputes that the agenda was to outdo the Soviets. The dispute is as to whether they would be successfully outdone by a mere bluff!

4.Not withstanding any of the above it was in the interests of ‘both’ sides to divert the attentions of their respective populations and military machines into a peaceful rivalry wherever possible rather than fighting.On that note see 1.

No doubt. That’s why it was called the Cold War.

In which case 3 applied at the point when Kennedy kicked off the Space Race.But which even with all the might of the US industrial machine and know how was probably never going to be able to meet its mission statement.Whether Kennedy actually knew it or was gone from the scene before he could be told is open to question,but moot regardless.

Given the apparent evidence that it’s mission statement was met, on what grounds would you conclude that it was improbable that they could have done so?

And against the improbability of simply going to the moon, you think it is quite probable (again, despite all evidential themes to the contrary) that a bluff was pulled off (and is still being pulled off) on a scale totally unprecedented in human history?

And not for reasons of immediate military need, but as a mere ideological gambit whose blowback if discovered (whether from within or outside) would be thermonuclear in its effects on American society?

While 4 definitely applied by the point when the Russkies would/could possibly have been in a position to discredit the Apollo Moon missions.IE 1970 if not before.IE the Russians were ‘in with’ NASA by that point and certainly no longer rivals in Space for good reason.Just as Kennedy would have wanted it or maybe even intended from the start.IE a big diversionary publicity scam to stop the two rival sides from fighting. :bulb: :wink:

But if they were capable of such trusting collusion, why would they purport to be fighting in the first place? Why get dragged into spectacular conspiracies that could unleash uncontrollable forces, when you could simply fix the situation between yourselves? And why would the Soviets participate in a conspiracy that promoted the American system and discredited the Soviet system?

Rjan:
But the Americans were similarly unbeatable in a conventional war. The Soviets had no decisive upper hand against them, other than in the ideological arena.

But then by your own logic, there is a great deal that is classified that turns out not to involve any concealment of fraud! My point is very simple, that the Apollo programme overall could not be considered a “classified” or “secret” programme. Its activities and results were in the public eye. The US spent about a tenth of a trillion dollars on it - it’s not some murky operation in the jungle, it involved the work of thousands of firms and millions of American workers.

But nobody disputes that the agenda was to outdo the Soviets. The dispute is as to whether they would be successfully outdone by a mere bluff!

No doubt. That’s why it was called the Cold War.

Given the apparent evidence that it’s mission statement was met, on what grounds would you conclude that it was improbable that they could have done so?

And against the improbability of simply going to the moon, you think it is quite probable (again, despite all evidential themes to the contrary) that a bluff was pulled off (and is still being pulled off) on a scale totally unprecedented in human history?

And not for reasons of immediate military need, but as a mere ideological gambit whose blowback if discovered (whether from within or outside) would be thermonuclear in its effects on American society?

But if they were capable of such trusting collusion, why would they purport to be fighting in the first place? Why get dragged into spectacular conspiracies that could unleash uncontrollable forces, when you could simply fix the situation between yourselves? And why would the Soviets participate in a conspiracy that promoted the American system and discredited the Soviet system?

1. In the event of war with the Soviet Union exactly what was the plan other than we will ( try and inevitably fail ) to defend western Europe from the inevitable unstoppable Soviet onslaught.IE there was never the slightest chance then or now of us being able to over run a landmass of that size in which all the enemy had to do was retreat and counter attack trading land for time and our over stretched supply lines.Unlike Western Europe with its back to the Atlantic coast we would have been toast in a strictly limited conventional war and NATO knew it.War with Russia has always been about the inevitable escalation to tactical and strategic nukes owing to NATO’s strategic limitations in defending a small land space against a massive invading force.

Unlike Russsia which can resist any conventional attack on its turf just by retreating and then coming back when an enemy has outrun its supply lines and/or gets spread too thinly across a far too large front/s.So our only option was/is if you want war we will defend ourselves and when that inevitably fails we’ll take out the Northern Hemisphere so no one wins.Bearing in mind that I don’t believe the bs that NATO even now could defeat Russia conventionally and Russia isn’t going to be stupid enough to fight such a war on NATO’s terms by offering up its forces to be chewed up piecemeal on it’s borders. :unamused:

nationalinterest.org/feature/why … ssia-15267

2.The ‘fraud’ in this case was all about diversion and bluff with the honourable aim on both sides of the avoidance of 1 which obviously trumps everything at that point.With the ends justifying the means of fooling the public and spending trillions on the scam obviously being money well spent in that regard.

Which obviously worked bearing in the mind the eventual joint Soviet and US space programme starting with the Soyuz Apollo mission.Notice with all those joint resources even those missions still being nothing more than low Earth orbit.

That’s even assuming we can trust anything we’ve been told about what’s actually ‘out there’ and where.Which is a whole new level of conspiracy theory although obviously far less believable or as easy to explain as the probably manned Moon missions scam.

Captain Caveman 76:

Franglais:

Captain Caveman 76:
Something that many would say proves the moon landings are real. The Apollo missions brought back hundreds of kg of moon rock. This was distributed to various countries around the world as a goodwill gesture. Many countries compared it to samples of moon rock (single digit kg) previously brought back by unmanned missions. They declared it genuine.

If it is a conspiracy, every nation on earth is in on It, including the ones who don’t consider America a friend.

Were there any unmanned missions from the Moon’s surface preceeding the manned landings?
I thought that one of the challenges of the mission was that no craft had taken off from the Moon before?
Wasn’t the first unmanned return mission from a soft landing 1970?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I really couldn’t remember, so I looked it up and you’re right. Unmanned missions which brought back samples were AFTER the Apollo landings :blush:

The Russians attempted return trips before the Americans, but failed. They did however successfully bring lunar samples back in the 70s. So my point is still valid, I’m quite sure the Russians would happily point out if their lunar samples didn’t match the Americans.

First of all I am as sure the US went to the Moon as I can be. As sure as the sun will set tonight and rise tomorrow.

On the highlighted point, a conspiracy theorist, could argue that the both governments, (both USSR and US having false moon samples) would each know the other was lying, but couldn`t call each other out, as that would allow their own populations to see their duplicity.

You cant argue rationally, as you are, against an irrational belief Im afraid.
Conspiracies are more faith based than rational. Any evidence can be twisted into reinforcing the original conspiracy argument. More evidence against the conspiracy is “clearly” and “obviously” more evidence of the depth of the conspiracy! Stronger “evidence” is seen as the “authorities” trying harder and harder to convince the poor duped masses of the lie. You simply can`t win by logic and rational argument.

Secondly on the point that there were no unmanned missions before the 1969 landing. When they touched down the crew had no reassurance that they could take off again, there being no unmanned precedent. OK all the physics, engineering and maths was checked and double checked, and all went well, but for me it just reinforces the extraordinary courage and achievement of the crews.

Franglais:
On the highlighted point, a conspiracy theorist, could argue that the both governments, (both USSR and US having false moon samples) would each know the other was lying, but couldn`t call each other out, as that would allow their own populations to see their duplicity.

You cant argue rationally, as you are, against an irrational belief Im afraid.

But at least we can assure ourselves that we are not mad! :laughing:

Even on the hypothetical logic, it’s not clear how two superpowers each with false moon samples would know the other was lying on the basis of a comparison (unless both samples were obviously false and shared some fraudulent marker).

And the Americans clearly had more riding on the fraud than the Soviets - the Soviets hadn’t claimed to have gone to the moon.

And now the USSR is defunct, it’s not clear what all those involved on the Soviet side would still have to gain (if they ever had anything to gain) by concealing the truth.

Rjan:
Even on the hypothetical logic, it’s not clear how two superpowers each with false moon samples would know the other was lying on the basis of a comparison (unless both samples were obviously false and shared some fraudulent marker).

So, youre saying Ive failed as a credible conspiracy theorist?

Thank Ford! :smiley:

Franglais:

Rjan:
false moon samples

So, youre saying Ive failed as a credible conspiracy theorist?

Thank Ford! :smiley:

I’ve not heard many theories that say the moon is false :laughing: . Who’s got the real one? Tucked up in somebody’s private collection next to a Rembrandt.

moon.jpg

I wish it was all happening again now. I watched it as a kid but of course you can’t grasp the enormity of such an event as a nipper. Armstong and Aldrin were the two greatest explorers of all time in my book. If they went that is…something I have no doubt about!

TiredAndEmotional:
I wish it was all happening again now. I watched it as a kid but of course you can’t grasp the enormity of such an event as a nipper. Armstong and Aldrin were the two greatest explorers of all time in my book. If they went that is…something I have no doubt about!

I can remember a group of us standing outside the local electrical shop watching BBC2’s colour broadcasts on the new colour TV demonstrators in the window.I’ve also still got my reply in its big NASA headed envelope,to the letter I sent to them at the time before the launch along the lines of good luck,which contained the big official photos released from the Apollo 8 mission previously and a signed reply saying thanks etc from Lovell,Borman and Anders.

As I’ve said the evidence against it seems to be building to a convincing degree. :frowning: But I’m happy either way in understanding the bigger picture and the even more honourable motives as to why they would have rigged it if they did.So I don’t get Rjan’s position,as usual. :bulb: :wink:

Carryfast:

TiredAndEmotional:

I can remember a group of us standing outside the local electrical shop watching BBC2’s colour broadcasts on the new colour TV demonstrators in the window.I’ve also still got my reply in its big NASA headed envelope,to the letter I sent to them at the time before the launch along the lines of good luck,which contained the big official photos released from the Apollo 8 mission previously and a signed reply saying thanks etc from Lovell,Borman and Anders.

As I’ve said the evidence against it seems to be building to a convincing degree. :frowning: But I’m happy either way in understanding the bigger picture and the even more honourable motives as to why they would have rigged it if they did.So I don’t get Rjan’s position,as usual. :bulb: :wink:

Theres usually some good reason why things are concealed,having just read one of the better so called conspiracy researchers out there,viz a viz_John Hamersteam latest mind blower,Behind The Curtain.The strange coincidences that pertain to the elimination of seal

Seal dead? I’m shocked, I enjoyed some of his work.

the maoster:

How did you find that out?
I thought that had been successfully hushed up.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

the maoster:

How did you find that out?
I thought that had been successfully hushed up.

I thought it was a whale not a seal that got hit by Apollo 13 when it landed and then the CIA just went a bit OTT with creating the cover story so as not to upset the animal rights lobby.Unless I’ve confused something. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

i reckon the irish attempt to land a spaceship on the sun would have definitely put the apollo missions into the shade irrespective of whether they were real or fake…
when asked how they would overcome the problem of the high temperatures then they said dublin university had it sussed and they would just send the rocket up at night.
unfortunately they couldnt get a grant from the ee so its put on the back burner for now.

also.
what happens when your wearing your spacesuit and you need to drop one of those cabbagebrusselsproutchickenmadrasvindalooeggychuffers ■■
and
if it did hit a whale,then it would definitely have the animal rights mob something to blubber about. :unamused:

the maoster:

I thought it sounded a little crazy.

What do the deniers say about the experiment where the astronaut dropped a feather & a hammer which both fell at the same speed?
Also the film of the moon rovers driving showed the moon dust falling back to the surface without being thrown up in clouds like it would on earth?
Still, ya can’t beat a good conspiracy!

Fat Controller:
What do the deniers say about the experiment where the astronaut dropped a feather & a hammer which both fell at the same speed?
Also the film of the moon rovers driving showed the moon dust falling back to the surface without being thrown up in clouds like it would on earth?

Nice point.
All done with CGI ?

Twenty years before CGI was invented. :open_mouth:
So, there was a conspiracy to suppress the invention of CGI too. Obvious really.

Fat Controller:

Newton’s experiment works just the same on Earth.So why did the Grand Slam bomb reach a terminal velocity of around the speed of sound unlike lighter bombs ?.The fact is if you push a tank out of a plane it will be travelling at a much faster speed than a car when it hits the ground.Just as the terminal velocity of a hammer is greater than that of a 1p coin whether here or on the Moon.

Why would you expect fine dust to fall back to the ground ‘more’ effectively in a ‘lower’ gravity environment than on Earth ?.Oh wait ( sand ? ) in Earth’s gravity would explain it. :unamused:

Carryfast:

Fat Controller:

Newton’s experiment works just the same on Earth.So why did the Grand Slam bomb reach a terminal velocity of around the speed of sound unlike lighter bombs ?.The fact is if you push a tank out of a plane it will be travelling at a much faster speed than a car when it hits the ground.Just as the terminal velocity of a hammer is greater than that of a 1p coin whether here or on the Moon.

Why would you expect fine dust to fall back to the ground ‘more’ effectively in a ‘lower’ gravity environment than on Earth ?.Oh wait ( sand ? ) in Earth’s gravity would explain it. :unamused:

From memory, it was Galileo who stated that an object’s mass doesn’t affect it’s rate of descent. That’s about 100 years before Newton. The biggest problem here on earth is air resistance. Two different masses with exactly the same shape will fall at the same rate. On the moon, that experiment demonstrated that with no factors other than gravity, objects fall at the same rate, proving that mass is irrelevant.

As far as terminal velocity is concerned, that is simply the equilibrium of forces acting on the falling body. In effect, the acceleration due to gravity is cancelled out by the resistance of the air on the falling body. Clever aerodynamics can increase or decrease that value.