Monthly Data Usage?

How much data do people on average use when tramping away…■■

Looking at a 20gb data only deal, but wonder if that’ll be enough…■■? :confused:

Goldfinger:

Looking at a 20gb data only deal, but wonder if that’ll be enough…■■? :confused:

Used to have 20gb.But was using that up by the 3rd week.So got 40gb now.And that seems to be enough.But i don’t watch alot of youtube or catchup tv on it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Goldfinger:

Get netfix and download the programs to your device before you leave the house over wifi!

You end up expanding to whatever allowance you have! I’m on Vodafone and they’ve just started doing passes so for £7 a month so I can stream video from certain apps like Netflix without it using my allowance. They do a selection of these passes and if a heavy user like me work out as a good deal

Not that ‘techie’, so some of you may have to explain a few how to’s, like downloading the movies before heading off… :blush:

Would that work out better?

Get some movies before going, and then use the data, to maybe fill in the gaps? Watch something like TV through an IPTV app…■■? :confused:

Giffgaff offer always on data for around £18 I think.

If you get a BT SIM you get free BT WiFi which you can find at a lot of places.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Had 30gb but it wasn’t enough so upgraded to 50gb.

That’s enough to have it streaming permanently from Spotify/Soundcloud/iPlayer Radio when driving and watch sport/films on downtime without having to worry about runnning out.

iPad Pro on Vodafone with 50gb is £54 per month. Not cheap but I think it’s justified as it keeps me entertained the whole time. Certainly better value than a Sky package if you’re away tramping.

Obviously your subscription services like Netflix/Curzon/Spotify etc. have their own costs on top.

Goldfinger:
Not that ‘techie’, so some of you may have to explain a few how to’s, like downloading the movies before heading off… :blush:

Would that work out better?

Get some movies before going, and then use the data, to maybe fill in the gaps? Watch something like TV through an IPTV app…■■? :confused:

It’s what I do. Download a load of things from BBC iPlayer or Netflix or Sky Go or other places and just work through them.

Or read a book. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

Does Razzle count? :laughing:

Harry Monk:

Do people still do that ■■ :open_mouth:

1gb does me and still have data left over, never find the need to download anything, just voice calls and text and watch free sat tv and use the lap top in wi fi areas. Costs me 12eur a month on Moviestar and have a back up mobile on Vodafone at the same rate.
Phone isnt even touch screen, its a 70eur Nokia 222 which does the job fine.

12gb…

But, I average about 8gb a month. I don’t download anything but get full internet access as well as 500 minutes talk time and 3000 texts.

wtf am i gonna do with 3000 texts?

I have 10gb a month…
I barely use half of it. I look at Facebook & reply to the c***s who have abused me with childish insults (they’re usually right)

I look things up, watch a video now & then, generally use my phone as a computer when in my cab. To use 30gb a month you must surely be on a ■■■■ channel for 4-5 hours a day?

3 do a sim only deal with unlimited data. It’s really cheap, iirc.

Born Idle:
To use 30gb a month you must surely be on a ■■■■ channel for 4-5 hours a day?

You do know there is a fair bit more to the internet these days than ■■■■ don’t you?

I have never been into watching ■■■■, cos if I cant do it the last thing I want to see is some other lucky ■■■■■■■ doing it …

When parked in a truck stop that has a McDonalds, I always try and get their free wifi without having to go into the shop…

Not managed it just yet… :frowning: