Montgomery transport ( pay rates)

Hi there new to this was at interview for montgomery transport ( N IRELAND )passed the driving and the interview but the rate of pay was shocking … :confused: has anyone else got offered so low 45p over the min wage ■■? this was for class 2 do they offer more for class 1 they said they could get me out in a artic…

Id say if it class2 work it is for the distribution end of things that has just moved from portadown down to east west’s old yard at ballyearl and not transport but any way yes they pay shocking money as I worked for Montgomery distribution from sept til nov when my old employer got more work on again and offers me a job again but montgomery was paying me £6:00 per hour for 40 hrs then £8 odd for overtime driving an artic. I worked 66hrs one week and only came home with £330 for the week but they must have put their money up a bit since feb when the moved from portadown. I’m now as I said back with my previous employer doin a groupage run in a rigid and I’m gettin more money and less hrs than I was getting at montgomerys

Did you enjoy Montys work buddy :smiley: :smiley:

I will be honest the work was good but the money and them crappy mercedes axors put me off the place but then again I went to them from driving a super space cab wit all my toys in the lorry and I just didn’t like the merc from I first sat my arse in the seat. And the guys in the office were 100% and didn’t give the handy work to the special ones so we all got a fair crack at the whip. Just a pitty the wages were pish

You cant expect great money from Irelands biggest RATE REDUCER??

scottishcruiser:
You cant expect great money from Irelands biggest RATE REDUCER??

i always though that was mcburney.
the amount of work theyre snapping up from supermarkets they must be doing some undercutting.