Monkton motors/ Monks international transport

Hi all,
I am trying to find out as much as i can and gather as many pictures of said companys as possible.
I have a few pictures and broken pieces of information, but would like to some definate history.
Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

v64mo:
Hi all,
I am trying to find out as much as i can and gather as many pictures of said companys as possible.
I have a few pictures and broken pieces of information, but would like to some definate history.
Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Click on the photo to go through to Flickr, where there’s a bit of text about them, and a few other photos too, I think

1958 Atkinson Tanker Artic by colinfpickett, on Flickr

There’s a few photos on Bob Hobbs site transportphotos.com which I am sure he will let you use if you ask him.Here is a sample for you.

HuE0216.jpg
HuE0216-d1.jpg
HuE0216-d2.jpg
HuN0314.jpg
HuP0276.jpg

Thanks for that, some of them pictures are great!
It was owned by my great grandfather back in the day( Bill Monk), only recently found this out hence my newly found interest!
Always wondered why my dad had two model lorrys in Monks colours… :unamused:
Would also love to know more about my gandad too if anyone knew him?!

Have just come accross this picture…
If it up-loads!!

bth_ScannedImage-2[1].jpg

Have a look at page 47 of this marvellous thread:Scrapbook Memories - OLD TIME LORRIES, COMPANIES AND DRIVERS (INTERACT - Trucknet UK

Also, search on Monkton in TN - seek and ye shall find :wink:

Hi,
Thanks for that, i’ve had a look thro it, hadnt seen one of them pictures!
Much appreciated!

v64mo:
Have just come accross this picture…
If it up-loads!!

Hi v64mo
I put that Card on, Drove for them in 1967 this is the other side of it, still have the Card.

Ben.

Thats great!

check the new thrtead Calor and its transport

Steve Wimbush who is the membership secretary of the Commercial Vehicle and Road Transport Club I think used to work for Monktons he still lives in Uxbridge. Eddie.

Hi there, I’m an old acquaintance of the Monk family and can recall Billy being called out to
lorry breakdowns and being a really nice guy