Money owed

Try DWF Solicitors in Preston Lancs ask for Debt collections Dept, I used them once to collect a similar amount, they have access to some serious people (all legal), it only took them a week to get the full amount and really frightened the person owing me the money.

If you know the company that this joker is invoicing.

You can go to court and… the courts can make the company that is about to pay this joker. Pay you instead. ( Solicitor would be needed )

Or Use Small Claims Courts ( i think 20k is to much to do this )

If a Small claims court makes an order in your favour thats great but these jokers pay one payment then stop and you have to take em back to court again.

Or take him to a small claims court and when you win ask for a charge to be put on his house… You may have to wait a few years untill he sells it. etc… but you would get interest on your money aswell .

I wish you had posted your plight earlier whilst still working for him because you vould have done the following and it all Legal:

Hung onto to the load and trailer until payment is met. He would have paid you as his customer would have sued him if goods werent delivered.

I recall a haulier down south blocking Tescos for monies owed, he went under im afraid to say. Cant remember his name.

You may get him wound up but theres nowt to stop him from starting again with the same customers, most do.

Wheel nut,

I think your advise is top bollock, cardo forget the rest you were foolish to let the sums hit that amount but a crystal ball doesn’t come as standard.

Approach to get costs back then move on the wiser man, the balls posted about what I would do exceterar is just that balls. You could start as a one man rambo of course, spend thousands in the courtts bully the arsewipes and still end up quids down your chice matey.

Wish you luck in whatever path you choose!

strange post, I guess I meant you live and learn b your own mistakes. Once is dissapointing twice is just ■■■■■■■■ stupid!!! good luck again Cardo

routier:
I wish you had posted your plight earlier whilst still working for him because you vould have done the following and it all Legal:

Hung onto to the load and trailer until payment is met. He would have paid you as his customer would have sued him if goods werent delivered.

I recall a haulier down south blocking Tescos for monies owed, he went under im afraid to say. Cant remember his name.

You may get him wound up but theres nowt to stop him from starting again with the same customers, most do.

Richard Wild of Wild Transport,
story can be read here:

Otherwise holding a lien on a third parties goods could work but be careful to follow the RHA guidelines.

Where the customer is not the owner of the consignment the carrier shall have a particular
lien against the said owner, allowing the carrier to retain possession, but not dispose of the consignment against monies due from the customer in respect of the consignment.

A direct load from the owner of the goods can be held using a carriers lien.

carrier’s lien - a carrier’s right to retain possession of cargo until the owner of the cargo pays shipping costs.

You’re wasting your time taking it through the courts. From what you’ve said about this guy he knows the system and won’t be scared by some official scare-mongering letters. I don’t think you’ll see a penny of your money by using this method and it’ll end up costing you an arm and a leg. The legal system in this country defends the guilty, not the innocent and if you believe otherwise then I’m afraid you’re incredibly naive.

Unless you can rustle up some heavies to “persuade” him to pay then I think you should get used to the fact that you ain’t gonna see the money you’re owed and it’s time to get yourself a barrel of oil to go over the loads and some bags of sugar for the engine. Just make sure you cover your arse, obviously.

Hi Cardo just sent a pm

Rob K:
You’re wasting your time taking it through the courts. From what you’ve said about this guy he knows the system and won’t be scared by some official scare-mongering letters. I don’t think you’ll see a penny of your money by using this method and it’ll end up costing you an arm and a leg. The legal system in this country defends the guilty, not the innocent and if you believe otherwise then I’m afraid you’re incredibly naive.

Unless you can rustle up some heavies to “persuade” him to pay then I think you should get used to the fact that you ain’t gonna see the money you’re owed and it’s time to get yourself a barrel of oil to go over the loads and some bags of sugar for the engine. Just make sure you cover your arse, obviously.

Spot on Rob,I second that…

What I would do is drive the fella ■■■■■■■ mad, ring everyday, get your wife,acountant, someone with a buisisness like manor to ring. Turn up at his yard, turn up at his house (with your wife and kids helps) drive him up the wall.

Speak to your accountant he will be able to write up some strong letters,keep sending invoices/statements for the upaid work.

Speak to the people he works for who you were doing the work for go in there direct just wind the ■■■■■■ up by driving him mad if he s got it he will pay.

these things can be a very effective device - comparedefinitions.com/garnishee-order.html

Just to let you all know.

After getting nowhere calling everyday, I called one of the customers direct and asked them to provide proof of work done so I could get a ccj in motion. Needless to say they weren’t happy. I didn’t like doing it but I needed the money.

Received a cheque for everything that was overdue the next day. Plus a phonecall to make sure I got it and an assurance it’ll clear. I hope so.

Even though I’ve lost a load of work I’ve learnt a great lesson from this, that’s not to put all my eggs in one basket.

Cardo:
Just to let you all know.

After getting nowhere calling everyday, I called one of the customers direct and asked them to provide proof of work done so I could get a ccj in motion. Needless to say they weren’t happy. I didn’t like doing it but I needed the money.

Received a cheque for everything that was overdue the next day. Plus a phonecall to make sure I got it and an assurance it’ll clear. I hope so.

Even though I’ve lost a load of work I’ve learnt a great lesson from this, that’s not to put all my eggs in one basket.

nice one :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

congratulations cardo.
i am delighted for you.
as for losing work,you need that work like a hole in the head.
you have lost nothing.
theres more work out there to be had and good luck in the future…greg
an ex owner driver for the same reason.

Seems like congratulations are in order. Dont feel guilty that you got you money, just be pleased that you won in this dog eat dog world :wink:

I recently took a customer to court for non-payment.

I had worked for this company before and they paid me but were around 4 weeks late.They then asked me to do some more work for them and In said only if they give me a written order for the work and a written guarantee that I would be paid within one week of receiving my invoice which they did (via email which I printed off and put in their file).
I then do a weeks work for them and email the invoice to them (getting a receipt when the email was opened)
You guessed it no payment I then gave them a weeks grace just in case it was a genuine error but nothing.
I then emailed requesting immediate payment (getting a receipt when they opened the email again) again nothing
I then sent an email demanding payment by the last post the following Friday or legal action would be taken.Still nothing

So on the Friday I filed online with the small claims court.As I didn’t file until the afternoon the case wasn’t heard (in Northampton) until Monday morning so the company in question didn’t receive any documents from the court until Tuesday
on Wednesday morning I received a cheque for £1314 plus the court costs of £70 :laughing:

hmcourts-service.gov.uk/onli … /index.htm

just somw advise dont factor , my bank fcked me , made me factor with them , and its killing us now the rates they charge are so high ,
we had no other choice but to factor, i am now think of packing in and starting again in a new name just to beat the factoring,

I did a job for a guy and gave him a discount rate on the price, done 2 trips,he said last time he will post me a cheque next week, so far no cheque but the best thing is he will ask me to pick his stuff up again and this time i will unload the items at a friends place and keep hold of his goods until he pays me in full and even when he does that i will not deliver them until he comes with cash before i deliver.Ok this guy owns me £1500 small amount but in this game money is everything. By me holding onto his the goods can i do this until payment is made in full plus the deliver charged.Or can i not do this. If i cannot legally keep his stuff then i will just say the items got stolen and i weigh the items as scrap or maybe sell them to a friend just to get my cost back.
This guy promsing more work but if he has not paid me for what i have already done them i don`t need his work.

bigdaz1970:
just somw advise dont factor , my bank [zb] me , made me factor with them , and its killing us now the rates they charge are so high ,
we had no other choice but to factor, i am now think of packing in and starting again in a new name just to beat the factoring,

Silly question, but why not just change banks or cancel the factoring?

if they wont let you stop the factoring, they cannot stop you from changing banks

just a thought