Mondo tdci 2.0 115 o5 plate

I’m just about too chop my work car in for one,73 k,tidy ,seems too run ok,thought comfortable,cheapish too run ,diesel so thought would last me 3 years .
But reading internet it sound like a ticking time bomb,pug engine( had pug petrols and been fine ) ,injectors,DMFetc,etc big bills,just a matter of time.
Has anyone had one :question: ,what’s it been like .ta

WTF is a mondo dozy :question:

Injector problems on 99% of mondeos i would never buy one again

Seen enough on Taxi’s around that year to tell me it cant be a costly motor.

They’re prone to having clutch problems, before my present car I had a Mondeo 55 plate tdci and had to have a new clutch fitted, it cost £700. Found out after it’s quite a common thing with them.

Forgot to say it’s a Dual Mass Flywheel clutch.

3stepsaheaduk:
Injector problems on 99% of mondeos i would never buy one again

Not on the one I had and I kept it for nearly 4 yrs.

the early tddi weren’t prone for injectors, as they are direct injection, not common rail.
flywheel’s do go, and an early sign of this is the starter motor going.
brake pipe’s tend not to last long,
handbrake mechanism isn’t particularly brilliant.
front springs
all anti roll bar link’s and bush’s tent to wear.
front tyre’s don’t seem to last long, it doesn’t matter what you fit. pirelli P6000 seem to be the longest wearing…
turbo went at 180,000 miles
auxiliary belts are an ■■■■■■■ to change. and there are 2 of them as well…

that the pitfall’s i’ve seen from them after having to look after a relative’s one, and working in a garage seeing them weekly…

Car Mechanics magazine did a used car feature on the mk 3 Mondeo. (August 14)
General upshot was they were ok/decent when new, but costly later in life, particularly diesels, with some repairs not only wiping out any cost savings over the petrols, but also making the repair financially un-viable.
Still, the same could be said for many cars.
You pays your money and makes your choices.

Dav1d:
General upshot was they were ok/decent when new, but costly later in life, particularly diesels, with some repairs not only wiping out any cost savings over the petrols, but also making the repair financially un-viable.

can only echo what you say there, and forgot to add dpf filters clog up as well…

philgor:

Dav1d:

can only echo what you say there, and forgot to add dpf filters clog up as well…

Name a motor where the dpf doesnt clog up.
Easy job to get rid and re teach the ECU, drives better afterwards too.

seth 70:
WTF is a mondo dozy :question:

Sorry Seth,meant mondeo

bald bloke:
They’re prone to having clutch problems, before my present car I had a Mondeo 55 plate tdci and had to have a new clutch fitted, it cost £700. Found out after it’s quite a common thing with them.

Forgot to say it’s a Dual Mass Flywheel clutch.

It’s just had a new clutch fitted ,but there’s a strange noise comming from what sounds like clutch pedal ,it seems to be getting worse so going back in Monday

Well we have had 2 cars from this garage before and never had a problem ,good as gold .
But ,this time I don’t know ,car seemed ok on test drive but now after a few days we’ve a strange noise getting worse comming from what seems like the clutch pedal ( they say clutch has just been changed) ,on test drive the car sounded fine ( but it was driven round from back of garage ,already started ) ,when picking it up it didn’t sound right but I’ve not had diesel for bit so thought it was me ,well it’s got worse it sounds terrible on start up,sometimes when started up ,cuts out up to 5 times ,other times goes first time but again sounds terrible ( too the extent people turn and stare ,but it seems too run fine when on a run .
I thought id check under bonnet to see ifbimcould see anything obvious ,straight away ,where’s the engine cover :exclamation: :exclamation: ,well it’s chucked in the boot .
Cars going back up,Monday too get them too have a look,but I’ve a bad feeling about this car,only 70 k ish but I got a feeling I’ve brought the previous owners problems ,had a good run with cars so can’t complain too much
Thanks for all the help ,wish I’d researched and gone with my gut feeling .ta

My brother has just bought a '54 2.0 tdci 130bhp,90k.
The above comments make interesting reading.He has done his homework on the faults, he’ll probably get me to to fix it anyway :frowning:

Mine is 05 plate 130 with 6 speed box and 52k miles on the clock. I paid £3k for it 3years ago. It sounds like a bag of nails ticking over but a beautiful drive on the road. I have read all the tales of woe and must admit that so far I appear to have been lucky, but as for value for money its a good un and I had access to a Mk IV company car and prefer the Mk 3. Good luck with yours. Jim

Been given all my money back ,garage have said there very sorry and car should have never gone out like that ,numerous faults so they say ,happy with that ,and I’ve got to give the garage credit for sorting it out without any bother.
Mrs has now sorted me out a runabout for work ,brand new nissan juke dci :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,that well and truly blew the budget :unamused: :unamused: ,car was 15,620 but she got it for 11,995 so women’s maths said it was a bargain ,even though it was about 7,000 over budget ( budget still going up,as apparently it needs a rear spoiler and brand new silver wheels changed for brand new black alloy wheels :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ), I’m starting too wonder who’s car this really is for ,but I do know who’s wallets taking a bashing :exclamation: :exclamation:
Ta for all the advice

dozy:
Been given all my money back ,garage have said there very sorry and car should have never gone out like that ,numerous faults so they say ,happy with that ,and I’ve got to give the garage credit for sorting it out without any bother.
Mrs has now sorted me out a runabout for work ,brand new nissan juke dci :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,that well and truly blew the budget :unamused: :unamused: ,car was 15,620 but she got it for 11,995 so women’s maths said it was a bargain ,even though it was about 7,000 over budget ( budget still going up,as apparently it needs a rear spoiler and brand new silver wheels changed for brand new black alloy wheels :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ), I’m starting too wonder who’s car this really is for ,but I do know who’s wallets taking a bashing :exclamation: :exclamation:
Ta for all the advice

Get yourself something German you won’t regret it !!

bald bloke:

dozy:
Ta for all the advice

Get yourself something German you won’t regret it !!

Yes b/b sis keeps telling me that( always had bm,s) ,when the bank account has recovered I’ll have words with the mrs about trading in here new juke in :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: