Monarch Personnel

I was contacted by this company with regard to a permanent job and would I like to take a telephone interview. Yes I said and completed the phone interview and a driving assessment and a face to face interview. All in good then 2 days before the interview I am phoned, all interviews cancelled due to an ‘assessment issue’ and they do not know if and when they will be rescheduling them. I am livid as I had to make arrangements to attend this interview for a very late call off… Has anyone else had this treatment from this firm■■?..

I used to work for them on Tesco’s contract at Peterborough for about 5 years, I found them ok to work for (tescos where abit of a arse) but for some reason Monarch couldn’t keep assessor’s for very long before they used to leave, but as I said didn’t have
any problem with Monarch

I applied for work with them with a view to working at BP in Northampton but got annoyed with the constant runaround, i did the telephone interview & was offered a job if i passed the assessment, i had the assesment booked then it was cancelled the next day with the reason that fuel volumes had dropped & BP weren’t recruiting at the moment. I asked them to remove my details from there files, i still get e-mails asking me to fill in forms like “provide examples of how you have given good customer service” anyhow from what i have since heard from a new driver at our firm who left monarch i dogged a bullet.

rivits:
I was contacted by this company with regard to a permanent job and would I like to take a telephone interview. Yes I said and completed the phone interview and a driving assessment and a face to face interview. All in good then 2 days before the interview I am phoned, all interviews cancelled due to an ‘assessment issue’ and they do not know if and when they will be rescheduling them. I am livid as I had to make arrangements to attend this interview for a very late call off… Has anyone else had this treatment from this firm■■?..

These agencies take your details and use them to tender for contracts. You are basically making the numbers up in order for the agency to say we have X amount of drivers available. Once they obtain the contract they sub it out to secondary agency.

Honestly !

LisasGuy:
I applied for work with them with a view to working at BP in Northampton but got annoyed with the constant runaround, i did the telephone interview & was offered a job if i passed the assessment, i had the assesment booked then it was cancelled the next day with the reason that fuel volumes had dropped & BP weren’t recruiting at the moment. I asked them to remove my details from there files, i still get e-mails asking me to fill in forms like “provide examples of how you have given good customer service” anyhow from what i have since heard from a new driver at our firm who left monarch i dogged a bullet.

A wee bit of a pattern appearing here my friend

Dont go near them :exclamation:

Well surprise surprise…Never heard a peep from them since

Well finally got the interview, Tuesday 6th of September at 10.30am, I arrived at 10am, immediately informed of a delay with the driving assessments so spent a while sitting in the canteen eventually getting taken for a DSA theory test which I passed. More sitting in the canteen followed by the driving assessmnet which I reckoned went very well. More sitting in the canteen then eventually the interview before which he ( the interviewer) says ‘‘are you sure your ok about the time , I mean do you have anywhere else to be’’ Oh yes I will sit all day waiting for a job interview to pull out at the last minute. He spent very little time on the actual interview and told me I had made it to the last 10 for 2 jobs having initially been told it was for 5 jobs. I was there from 10 am to 3.30 pm not the 2.5 hrs stated in the info pack.
Low & behold I never got it nor any feedback as such. Told at first I failed the driving assessment which was in contrast to what the assessor said and when pressed I never actually failed the assessment but other candidates were ‘stronger’ than me.
what a shower of sh*t. Just totally wasted my time