Monarch personnel

Looking for information on monarch please (tankers).
I’m having a telephone interview next week…wtf.■■
Would like to know if anyone has gone through the interview with them and also are they any good to work for.?pay and hours ect.

I understand they are an agency that contract for BP.?

Thanks

I wouldn’t bother mate, I signed up with them two years ago and did the telephone interview never got any work from them at all, every two or three weeks got an e-mail asking me to update and improve my CV, wanted me to state that I was indeed, able to comply with their terms of employment and generally asked a stupid lot of questions, I had trouble in the end, getting them to remove my details from their database, complete waste of time and effort.

Sapper

sapper:
I wouldn’t bother mate, I signed up with them two years ago and did the telephone interview never got any work from them at all, every two or three weeks got an e-mail asking me to update and improve my CV, wanted me to state that I was indeed, able to comply with their terms of employment and generally asked a stupid lot of questions, I had trouble in the end, getting them to remove my details from their database, complete waste of time and effort.

Sapper

+1, exactly what happened to me, after doing my research I wasn’t so keen on the idea of doing work for bp, ended up ringing them several times to take lol my details down

Pimpdaddy:

sapper:

Sapper

+1, exactly what happened to me, after doing my research I wasn’t so keen on the idea of doing work for bp, ended up ringing them several times to take lol my details down

Perhaps Monarch & BP weren’t keen on you doing work for them, remember it’s, BP that also sit on the interview . The phone call is all part of the selection process proir to going to BP. The driving assessment is also conducted by BP.!

jenka:
Perhaps Monarch & BP weren’t keen on you doing work for them!

Right

Wtf, where do you get that idea from?, I’ve met several people who had the same experience and I put it down to them, Monarch, wanting a lot of names on the books to show bp and the likes that they are great.just like any other agency, keel your stupid thoughts to yourself thanks.

Sapper

Cheers for that,never had a telephone interview so that’ll be an experience…
So are BP no good to work for then pimpd.?

I’m taking it that it’s the normal agency spill also,I’ve got a full time job now which pays half decent but trying to find away in to this bloody tanker work…

Cheers

sapper:
Wtf, where do you get that idea from?, I’ve met several people who had the same experience and I put it down to them, Monarch, wanting a lot of names on the books to show bp and the likes that they are great.just like any other agency, keel your stupid thoughts to yourself thanks.

Sapper

How do you know do you work for BP or Monarch No. They recruit when the demand is there and all Monarch drivers are on exclusive full time contracts.
Not stupid Fact .

jenka:
They recruit when the demand is there
Not stupid Fact .

There is no demand, that’s why they are doing what agencies do best, Sapper is bang on. Why doesn’t BP recruit directly themselves??

Pimpdaddy:

jenka:
Not stupid Fact .

There is no demand, that’s why they are doing what agencies do best, Sapper is bang on. Why doesn’t BP recruit directly themselves??

How can you make statements like this when your not even in the industry.
So why are Monarch/ BP interviewing at Kings ,Nth, CBT , ? Also why are Hoyer, DHl XPO recruiting . i can assure you if your CV and experience of transport was any good you would now be driving a petrol tanker it really is quite easy to get into at the moment.
Ponder on that thought while you try and put people off applying .
My last comment on the subject.

So had the phone interview which was just basic questions about what I did or would do in certain situations.!..seems I answered all of them to their liking as I’ve been invited to an interview on the 16th March…

Now, I really want to get into this line of work.BUT for a shift pattern that includes most weekends, a garuntee of only 39.5 hours a week and what would be a hour and half to two hour round trip to get to work and home. Also if there’s no work I would be required to go to another contract within a 50 mile radius of my house (at my expense) I just can’t justify it.

On my working out its going to be…WAIT FOR IT…£8 more per week than I get now,for Monday to Friday…hmmmmmmmm

Nkh22:
So had the phone interview which was just basic questions about what I did or would do in certain situations.!..seems I answered all of them to their liking as I’ve been invited to an interview on the 16th March…

Now, I really want to get into this line of work.BUT for a shift pattern that includes most weekends, a garuntee of only 39.5 hours a week and what would be a hour and half to two hour round trip to get to work and home. Also if there’s no work I would be required to go to another contract within a 50 mile radius of my house (at my expense) I just can’t justify it.

On my working out its going to be…WAIT FOR IT…£8 more per week than I get now,for Monday to Friday…hmmmmmmmm

Am guessing then you will be telling them to ram it up their a@@e?

You are correct.Probabley not in them exact words though… :smiley:

Nkh22:
You are correct.Probabley not in them exact words though… :smiley:

hahaha chuffing hole :laughing:

jenka:

Pimpdaddy:

jenka:
Not stupid Fact .

How can you make statements like this when your not even in the industry.
So why are Monarch/ BP interviewing at Kings ,Nth, CBT , ? Also why are Hoyer, DHl XPO recruiting . i can assure you if your CV and experience of transport was any good you would now be driving a petrol tanker it really is quite easy to get into at the moment.
Ponder on that thought while you try and put people off applying .
My last comment on the subject.

Pimpdaddy likes to think he knows it all, that’s why he reckons he’s better off picking carrots than driving a truck.

(He can’t even get a start with Stobarts… :laughing: )