moffet

right i just been offered a possible 6 month contract with an agy to drive a class2 with a moffet…and they will train me to do it :laughing:

1. are they easy to use?? i can drive a normal flt
    2)how long does training take?

cheers guys

shaun

When I was trained to drive one, as I already had a FLT it was just a case of type training or OK this how you get it on & off, now have a play…yep your OK off you go.
If you can drive a FLT then it’s like getting out of truck type & into another, it’s just a case of readjustment.

If you can drive a normal FLT you should be fine and
they are going to train you also. I don’t know how
long there training will be but it wont be that long.

Good luck shaun :smiley:

it will be 3 days in bradford 2nd week in march to start job 3rd week in march unless i get somthing else in the meen time as i had interview and driving assesment with exel thismorning

Three days! Maybe they want to make sure that a Mounty always gets their man.

I think you should watch this safety video too:

media.energyradio.fm/energy/fork … yclips.wmv

Andyroo:

I would not want to work in that warehouse Andyroo
with that FLT driver.

:laughing: :laughing:

Andyroo,

I did my FLT Cse week before last and that was used as one of the ‘training aides’, :wink: At least it brought a bit of humour to the boring bit of the course!

I didn’t realise it was available on line and it is much better quality than we were shown!

Crazy Germans!!

Andyroo:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

what a place to work hey

Does a Moffet Mounty need road tax and numberplates?

There’s something I’ve always wondered about Moffett Mounties.

When you are empty, and the road is wet, do you get problems when trying to pull away uphill?

It seems to me that it’s an awful lot of weight (I understand that MMs weigh 3 tonnes) to have so far behind the trailer axles, and this must take a lot of traction away from the driven axle.

Vince

A few examples of FLT to BLT in one easy step, scary stuff!