Moffet question :)

Hi all,

Just after a bit of info, my gaffer is having a moffet fitted to my trailer at the end of the month and this leaves me a few questions -

1. I sat a forklift test about 9yrs ago, I cannot find my license anywhere - is it even still valid ?

2. Is there a separate license needed for the moffet ?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Yep, sadly your fork licence will have expired (need to be renewed 5 yearly)

And it is another catagory for a moffat/truck-mounted forklift. Ever seen HGV vacancies the say ‘moffat licence reqired’ ■■

Goldfinger:
Yep, sadly your fork licence will have expired (need to be renewed 5 yearly)
And it is another catagory for a moffat/truck-mounted forklift. Ever seen HGV vacancies the say ‘moffat licence reqired’ ■■

Hiya goldfinger is correct.we get retrained every 3 years at shell on all equipment but 5 years for hiab we even have a retraing
system for the tractor that pulls the griter machine.the moffat is another test in fact i think all types of fork trucks have varied
tests,i know at one time you could jump on a JCB fork truck if you had a counter balance cert. theres diffrent tests for smooth
surface and all terain now.good luck with the new truck and moffat
John

It seems different training bodies have different rule, some say 3 years, some say 5. But do a Google search in the area and make sure it qualifies as part of your DCPC. The Moffat supplier should have details of driver training.

The Moffat type training is known as “Rider transportable truck training” as opposed to counterbalance

Cheers for the replies :slight_smile:

My gaffer is looking into it too as i’ve told him that i’m not using it until i’ve been properly trained

Smallish company getting bigger so they’re learning as they go along :slight_smile: