Moffet M10

Looking into the training required to use one of these, as it’s a moffett with a telescopic boom on it do you need any further training from a standard moffett license? Such as Teleporter or hiab?

Thanks

Nobody?

I shouldnt think so as the boom is just an attachment, the same as on a normal forklift truck.
I have pretty much all the flt licences and have never been quizzed about using attachments or have any mentions of it on my cards.
Our place now maintain and service various moffets and related trucks for Brit European.

No you don’t, its still demountable forklift truck.

But your company might want you to undertake some familiarisation training with the different type. I use a Manitou with a boom, but we do have one Moffett with the frame and chains. I had to have someone show me the Moffett first time for 5 minutes, as it is totally different.

Thank you

I use an M5 with extendable forks, I know that they are an extra entitlement on my card. Don’t know about the mast though.

Hi I just did my Moffet training with Forklift Training London, they know allot about the attachments, I actually work for them now as well, As far as I know you can use several different attachments but you need attachments to be in your licence / certificate, well it depends on the company you work for have a look on im sure its either one of the pages they talk about the attachments which can be added onto the licences.