moffat

does a forklift licence(with a c or ce aswell) cover you to drive a moffat equipped truck ■■?

No mate, its seperate certificate, cos you need to know how to connect it to the truck, and that

thanks for that

The major difference with a Moffat is that it is neither a reach OR counterbalance, it has no counterbalance as it would reduce the truck’s payload too much,so it a is a completely different animal.
At these plant driving schools,there are many different types of forklift that require a different licence.There are reach,counterbalance,narrow aisle,Moffat,off road, to name but a few.
At the school where my son got his counterbalance licence,it says he is only covered for a diesel counterbalance,a gas one is different,as is an electric counterbalance!
Where I agree that the mechanical operation of a forklift may make for a different licence,I think the power supply is erronious,I really think that is splitting hairs to get more money in!

Mine just says “lorry mounted lift truck (Rider operated)” although I use a Manitou not a Moffat, again a totally different animal as it’s a telescopic type.

Bestbooties, in my experience FLT licences usually say what type of truck you passed your test on, but generally speaking a counterbalance licence would cover the user for any type of propulsion regardless of what he’d trained on.

gnasty gnome:

Bestbooties, in my experience FLT licences usually say what type of truck you passed your test on, but generally speaking a counterbalance licence would cover the user for any type of propulsion regardless of what he’d trained on.

I agree.As I said,I just think it’s a stunt.
My c/b licence covers me for just that,a c/b forklift,no mention of propulsion,but on my son;s licence it does say"Diesel powered"!

It is Definately a seperate licencse, I nearly got caught for this one. If you have an accident, you will not be insured! My old boss said I didnt need to take a test as I had a reach/counterbalance license. WRONG! cant for the life of me remember where I done my test!

I agree, moffats need specific training.

MOFFETT PIC

Sorry for being picky but its- MOFFETT. :unamused:

Its all about extra money as mentioned.

To be fair its all down to elf n safety really, once you done that surely one should be allowed to drive allsorts of different FLT’s.

Our class 1 allows us to drive all different makes and types of truck!

On a slightly different note…always have a black marker pen handy when around Hyster FLT’s. Add an ‘s’ to make it a Shyster :laughing:

LOL,

yes it is Moffett and ROG your version is an inch long and made of plastic M8.

No Offence!! :smiley: :wink:

and yes special instruction and ticket is required before operating, the remote ones that fit under the trailer are the dogs danglies. Driven a trailer with one on but never played with the gadget :cry:

N2N Transport:
LOL,

yes it is Moffett and ROG your version is an inch long and made of plastic M8.

No Offence!! :smiley: :wink:

and yes special instruction and ticket is required before operating, the remote ones that fit under the trailer are the dogs danglies. Driven a trailer with one on but never played with the gadget :cry:

Got pic from a model truck site :wink: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

SHOW OFF :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A friend of mine works for Moffett and I was looking for some pictures of him demonstrating his wares.

Now Moffett is part of Hiab and they also own Kooi they have improved the website…

Moffett Mounty and Video

Click on link above and explore the features or point to the truck.

having done both my counter balance and moffett courses last week, the differences between the 2 in operation is staggering
as some one said there is no counterbalance on a moffett they have stablisers that you have to remember to put down before lifting anything

and on my counterbalance certificate it just says counterbalance no mention of the trucks power source