Module 4 Today @14:45

Absolutely ■■■■■■■■ myself about it. I really need to pass as my current employer has agreed to let me drive for them to gain my much needed experience I have revised and trained for it but still got that fear of impending doom inside looking for a few pointers from people who have done it. Things I’m most worried about is the start of day checks don’t want to miss anything.

Best of luck :slight_smile:

Well I failed absolutely shocking performance by myself,

Asked me how I would load a half load of sheet metal, I told him that I would load it up to the bulkhead so it couldn’t move forwards and then secure it with a chain and tensioner, then asked me to demonstrate (this is where I went to pot).

Secured both hook ends to the frame and then proceeded to tighten up the tensioner to make the chains torte, I had totally forgotten from my training 2 weeks ago that to make this MASSIVE chain shorter I would have to go under the second set of bars with the tensioner rather than the first (DOGH) couldn’t figure it out mind went blank and panic started to set in knowing if I didn’t do it I had failed the test after the first 2 mins. After a few mins stood there looking like a complete div I had to surrender and tell him that I had totally forgotten and we moved on.

Score 10% for correct positioning of the load.

Next I was told I have come to use this vehicle at the start of the day and have realised that the compressor is leaking air, what checks would I make?

Well I was totally ■■■■■■ off at this point knowing I had already failed so didn’t hear him properly, I started the vehicle after checking both air tanks were fully charged and walked round the wagon like an idiot listening for an air leak then went back and pumped the breaks till the tanks were empty and watched it re-charge. ■■■■ knows what I was thinking■■?

5% but I think it would have been 0% if he had the option.

Next I was asked about Johnny Foreigner try trying to hide in the wagon and contraband.

Well I got 20% on this so guess I did ok.

Next I was told that I was doing a delivery on a busy road and wanted to exit the vehicle. He asked me how I would exit the vehicle and make it secure.

So I pulled in the mirrors to prevent them being knocked off, locked the cab from the inside, climbed over the center and did a 3 point exit out the other side all the time telling him what I am doing I then locked the door.

10% I don’t know why I only got 10% on this I did exactly what I was told in my training.

Ability to prevent physical risk,

Did the pre start check went through everything I could think of,

15%

Total mark 60%

Re test a week today :frowning:

Sorry to hear things didn’t go well - but we all have a bad day sometimes.

Stick with it, and study the material and this time next week :smiley:

good luck

macci:
Sorry to hear things didn’t go well - but we all have a bad day sometimes.

Stick with it, and study the material and this time next week :smiley:

good luck

Thanks mate worst thing is I hate wasting money on government agencies.

Were you trained for the mod 4 or have you tried to do it by teaching yourself?

Most find it easier by having the training as close to the test as possible - often on the same day

Things I’m most worried about is the start of day checks don’t want to miss anything.

Your trainer should have given you a check list that you can refer to when doing the checks. It’s then surely impossible to miss anything.

All the best next time. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Is that allowed? Taking a check sheet with you?

Tarrman:
Is that allowed? Taking a check sheet with you?

YES - most do just that

Ok so module 4 re-test is tomorrow, I had my training a few weeks ago and to be fair it could have been better, but I’m not going to knock him as he always asked me if I was happy with my training.

One of the questions is- You are about to make a long journey in this vehicle. Show me what checks you would make to this vehicle’s fuel
system and explain what precautions you should take to ensure it remains in a serviceable condition, especially in
very cold weather conditions.
Check fuel fill level and fuel cap security
Check fuel tank and mountings for condition
Explain bad weather fuel measures
Checks enough fuel for journey (instrument check)

I haven’t been told what bad weather fuel measures are■■? :confused:

Also

Show me how you would enter the vehicle safely, and then show me all of the precautions you would take before starting the engine. b) You are now parked on the left on a busy main road. Please show me how you would leave your vehicle safely.

Open drivers door fully and use both grab rails to enter cab making sure that all steps are used
Close door set seat position, set mirrors, check parking brake and gear lever
Ensure that the vehicle is secure, stop engine and before opening door check all round for safety
Turn round and use both grab rails making sure that all steps are used to exit the vehicle

Now I messed up on this one I didn’t set the seat or tell him I would check the parking break and gear lever. I was told to climb over the center and get out the passenger side in my training is this correct, as in all the info on here it doesn’t say that.

Thanks