Module 4 soon...

I have it it under a week and I feel totally under prepared. I’ve read the questions that are found on here but it just doesnt seem enough? I have an hours training before hand on the day of the test but it doesnt seem like enough. Am I fretting over nothing? Whats the “4 main points” that the examiners look for? (read that in the sticky thread in here but it wasn’t pointed out)

So far its all theory without any practical

When you train for the practical it will all become clear

I have an hours training before hand on the day of the test but it doesnt seem like enough.

I’m inclined to agree. Minimum of 2 hours makes sense. I trained 2 guys the other day. Took nearly 3 hours. Both got 100%. I suggest you talk to your trainer and insist on more training.

Not saying it’s impossible to pass the Mod 4 on less training. But it’s impossible to actually learn the subject in 1 hour. Seems to me we’re looking at the difference between squeezing through a test and learning new skills. For my money, I’d want to come away with more than a pass; I’d want to know what it was all about.

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll give them a ring tomorrow and air my concerns, dont fancy failing and waiting for another re-test, might have something going on with work and it would help to have it all done ASAP. I think I know most of it and reading the questions found in the other thread I know mainly where to apply it to the truck.

I don’t suppose anyone knows any good cockpit drills that I can familiarize myself with? I know that is a main point on the test. I know to get in using the 3 points of contact, make sure its in neutral, check park brake applied, check height meter, check sufficient fuel, make sure all warning lights go out, check mirrors clean/clear, check tacho plaque/speedo limiter plaque, check speedo works, anything else of major importance?

If you have the question bank and have revised it well then there is no reason why you won’t pass it with an hours training.
I won’t say it’s ideal but it is definately possible - don’t get too worked up about it - the module 4 test is very easy to pass as long as you remember it is a practical demonstration so you need to show the examiner rather than tell him. If because of the vehicle you can’t demonstrate then an explanation is perfectly acceptable.

Good luck and don’t worry too much.

John