Module 2 CPC, HELP

I’ve booked my Module 2 CPC for the 16 July and after reading a few posts on here it sounds quiet tricky.
This is the module that needs doing before module 4.

Can you please share any tips advise or training material as I don’t anticipate failing this module, otherwise back to dole Q.

======================================================
You’ll stand a much better chance of passing now that I’ve moved your post to where you’ll receive more advice and views on the subject. dd. :wink: :smiley:

BUMP :wink: :grimacing:

Many people seem to be able to pass Mod 2 using the information gained from the multiple choice. The Mod 2 is a case studies test. So you will be given a series of scenarios and asked questions relevant to them.

Study material is available from some trainers including us if that is the way you choose to go.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Brush up on your tacho hours and rest periods.

Get as much stuff about LGV theory locked into your head.

Mod 2 is about taking that knowledge and answering questions based on virtual scenarios.

For example, you may have a story of a guys driving for a day. The hours of his driving and rest may be quoted with infringements.

Using multiple choice answers you will be asked to correct the hours and rest periods.

As its multiple choice, there’s usually 1 very wrong answer and a couple of similar answers to the correct answer. You either know the answer or take the most logical answer.

Best of luck and hope this helps.

drivingtheory4all.co.uk/Publ … er-CPC.htm

Thanks all. Very helpful.
@Pete, Ive already got you penciled in for the dates you provided me for Mod 4 :smiley:
I got 94/100 for my theory and am pretty clued up on tacho laws. But It’s all down to the day?

I also spoke to the DSA who referred me to the DVLA and then transfered me to speak to the TSO (tsoshop.co.uk) who supply the books too.

Then I found this which is the whole book but in PDF format for free.
ribblevalleyhgv.com/sitedocs … _guide.pdf

Covers the whole scenario that is needed for the Module 2

Another question.

Back in 2006 I sat my theory test for LGV and got the pass certificate.
I went for the test but unfortunately failed and never had the funds to do it again, hence going into PCV driving 2007.

So. If I was able to sit my theory test then, did I not have the entitlement/provisional licence and not have to do the initial test modules 2 & 4 now?

pokemon151:
Another question.

Back in 2006 I sat my theory test for LGV and got the pass certificate.
I went for the test but unfortunately failed and never had the funds to do it again, hence going into PCV driving 2007.

So. If I was able to sit my theory test then, did I not have the entitlement/provisional licence and not have to do the initial test modules 2 & 4 now?

I think it works on the date when you take your test not when you first applied to take your test.

“I think it works on the date when you take your test not when you first applied to take your test”

Thanks m1cks however I’ve now got my class 2 but “need” to sit modules 2 & 4 and have had to apply for a provisional before I could sit the licence in March 2013.
Back in 2006/2007 I never applied for a provisional and now am trying to get out of the Initial CPC as I believe I’ve had those entitlements.

If you sat LGV theory in 2006 then you must have passed the medical and got the provisional to do that because the system will not allow you to take the theory unless you did

The theory test pass only lasts 2 years

That means you would still have the provisional in 2013 unless you are over age 45

If you passed car test before 1997 then you will not need initial dcpc modules 2 and 4

Assuming you did not pass car test before 1997 and this will be the first LGV category on your licence then you will need to pass 2 and 4 in order to drive LGVs commercially - there is no way to avoid that

Well I sat my module 2 today and what a JOKE. I passed.
I thought these were scenarios we might encounter in our job as a lorry driver?

Billy fits secondary spray suppressors to his lorry.
What impact will it have on the road.
A. rubbish
B. even worse
C. will prevent grit and water being lifted from ■■?
D. Crap

I’m not bothered what he does!!!

When should the 5 gear be serviced.

A. 1 week
B. Month
C. 2 weeks
D. ?

I’m not bothered, as I’m a LGV driver.

Questions on tacho such as when is next break due if started at 5h30. Walk around check till 6h00, 15 min at 8h00 so when is next break due.
Stuff you get shown on CPC and deal with every day.
2 man owner and defective wheel with VOSA. Who is responsible? Both

Another stupid question: VOSA find a defective bulb. What do they issue? Well depends on if it is day or night and VOSA are not going to be such [zb]s as they will let you get into your cab and pull out your spare bulbs and replace.

2 Man driving. What do you set other driver to. Other work, available, break or driving.

Sue is a first aider and she comes across a accident. What should she do.

A. drive on
B. pullup in a safe place
C. ?
D. ?

Its raining. What distance should you drop back to.
A. 2 sec
B. 4 sec
C. 8 sec
D. 10 sec

On a motorway, what is the safe distance to follow.

A. 2 sec (only a fool breaks the 2 sec rule)
B. 4 sec
etc, etc

What would you restrain metal lumbar with.

A. Rope
B. Chains
C. string
D. ?

A load question with 4 pictures. The evenly distributed 1 was ticked.

Billy buys a 8 wheel tipper 25’5 Ton. He had a 18.8 Ton. How much more weight can he carry.

A tail lift has a max capacity of 2500kg. A crate weighs 1 ton. How many can be put on the tail lift? Anyone who puts anything other than 2, should replace the peanut who wrote this stuff.

What locking mechanism would you use on a container■■? Tough 1 so I guessed twist locks

Lastly when in your cab what would you apply before getting out- Handbrake obviously.
Last, last promise. Billy is on a ferry. What should he be supplied with.
A. rubbish.
B. worse rubbish
C. A couchette or bed.
D. rubbish.

Trivial stuff like that. I would not even worry about it as I feel what you learn on CPC counts more and the person who put all this together is a Peanut. It’s only the government and driver trainers making the money.

This is by no means personal, just vetting some of my frustration at the lack of knowledge and thought process that has gone into this module. If I’m going to spend £30.00 please let me learn something valuable.

Do you think the module 2 test should be an intensive test on the drivers hours and RTD rules ?

ROG:
Do you think the module 2 test should be an intensive test on the drivers hours and RTD rules ?

I would recommend that.
We deal with Tacho’s daily so ask question about setting out of scope? How to set out of scope as I’m sure there are who just put tacho in and drive.
Possibly what constitutes towards a PG9, infringement, penalties and consequences of neglect.
How to change bulbs and routine maintenance prevention. I asked last week when do you check oil and was told when the light comes on.
Retarder questions as they were raised in module 2 and echo friendly driving, leave those to CPC.

Ask relevant questions but then again they could abolish the module 2 and concentrate on module 4 as what I have read and researched is an area that would benefit me as a (new) driver in real life scenarios.
H&S on the road, loss of load prevention and damage.

I’ve completed my 35 hours and the most interesting was on load restraint which I chose myself as that was beneficial to my HIAB training. Included was low bridge prevention and cab height legislation when load exceeds cab.
I would gladly sit that CPC again at my expense.

Echo friendly driving yes, however today when I asked where would the best place be to refuel I was told the motorway services.
A slight detour would have taken me to a local at 5p p/l cheaper. It all adds up.

While I can appreciate people have differences of opinions, this is mine. :smiley:

pokemon151:
I’ve completed my 35 hours

pokemon151:
sat my module 2 today and what a JOKE. I passed.

Bit confused here … how can you do module 2 and not module 4 yet you state that you have done 35 hours which seems to refer to the periodic dcpc ?

Periodic cannot be counted until mod 4 is passed

ROG I got PSV licence since 2007, hence DQC card.

Confusing I know and I exchanged my licence for a British one in 2000 but have held a licence since 1985.
When I read the Gov site on acquired rights, conversion tests, prior 1997 I tick all the boxes then it goes on to say “Category specific”
I would assume that my PSV experience and CPC/ DQC card "should count towards acquired rights, but then I’m not in the position to make sensible changes to the law.
When I did my driver training this was never picked up as most look at since when you held your licence.

So if anyone reading this can offer me a module 4 before the end of July 2013 I would appreciate it. In East Midlands however will travel to complete it late one afternoon and test next morning.

pokemon151:
ROG I got PSV licence since 2007, hence DQC card.

Confusing I know and I exchanged my licence for a British one in 2000 but have held a licence since 1985.
When I read the Gov site on acquired rights, conversion tests, prior 1997 I tick all the boxes then it goes on to say “Category specific”
I would assume that my PSV experience and CPC/ DQC card "should count towards acquired rights, but then I’m not in the position to make sensible changes to the law.
When I did my driver training this was never picked up as most look at since when you held your licence.

How the DQC will work in your case …
Passing mod 4 on say 02/08/2013 will get a new DQC expiry dated 01/08/2018 for LGV and 09/09/2018 for PCV
After completing the next 35 hours of periodic dcpc after 09/09/2013 you will get a new DQC expiry dated 09/09/2023 for both LGV & PCV

So if anyone reading this can offer me a module 4 before the end of July 2013 I would appreciate it. In East Midlands however will travel to complete it late one afternoon and test next morning.

It may be worth giving my office a call. I really dont know availability but it’s worth a try. Pete :laughing: :laughing: