Modern indicators

Has anyone noticed that these new indicators that are integral with the front lights are really hard to see at junctions particularly when you are waiting to enter a roundabout . At least when indicators were separate from the lights you could clearly see them .

I’ve noticed this for ages now, more with cars though, never noticed it with trucks. Obviously it all meets the standards etc but in my mind it can be dangerous.

Same here as well , my 57 Focus is terrible for it

Yep VW started the trend i reckon with Golfs, and then they put those silly bloody round led indicators on the back of ■■■■■■■■ which were bloody near impossible to see in sunlight or against the glare of stop lights in the dark.

Not to worry apparently they look the part, well till the whole front or arse end gets re-arranged cos no bugger has a clue where they’re going cos they can’t see the piggin lights.

My other gripe is Mercedes retina searing stop lights, so bright in fact that you can’t work out the rate of deceleration because your pupils have shrunk to pinpoints under 6 million watts of laser.

Image rules… :unamused:

A lot of cars with those LED running lights turn off if the indicator is used. That being said, some cars just have crap lights so its hard to tell at the best of times.

Juddian, I saw this and thought immediately of you! Have a good weekend mate. :smiley:

I’ll get my mrs to find the original of that and laminate one, perfecto, thanks… :sunglasses: :laughing:

Anybody seen the new (16plate) daf rigid rear indicators? ■■■■■■■ nifty so they are, they are like the new Audi ones that flash like kit the car.

the maoster:
Juddian, I saw this and thought immediately of you! Have a good weekend mate. :smiley:

I want that on a tee shirt for me !
It’s great

the maoster:

I reckon it could be the new Trucknet tag line. :laughing:

Thank god for this thread, I was worrying that it was my eye sight! :laughing:
I’m not joking either! :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:

I just thought the reason I couldn’t see them, was because nobody seems to bother with indicators. :confused: :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

Likewise…

Clocked a brand new Audi A6 ahead of me, turning left, muttered to my self ‘cudda given a signal ya muppet’…only as I passed him did I see the little orange blinking thing on his rear nearside…

:blush:

I’m glad it’s not just me as there are times when it seems drivers are not indicating but they are the orange does not show through the rest of the light . Night times are worse .

It would be nice to think that someone from the manufacturing body is reading this and will do something.

They’re terrible. Designed purely for aesthetic reasons and without thinking about the functionality of it. Been saying this for about ten years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dani1972:
They’re terrible. Designed purely for aesthetic reasons and without thinking about the functionality of it. Been saying this for about ten years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Similar situation to the original Land rover Discovery perhaps…?

Bring back proper indicators i say.
Lets go back to the days when a lollipop flicked up out of the door pillar.
Failing that,how about hand signals.

Suedehead:

If the average driver won’t move their hand a few CM’s to the indicator stalk, I doubt they’ll ever bother making the effort to actually stick their arm out of the window. :laughing:

Suedehead:

Hand signals never went away… :grimacing: