Moderators

I don’t expect this post to last long before someone removes it!

What is it with the moderators on here, example 1, RobK has a pop at ady1, ady1 returns fire, moderator comes along and ady1 gets post removed yet RobK’s is left up!

ady1:

Rob K:

ady1:

Rob K:

ady1:

Quinny:

ady1:
yep been cut back as well,left yard at 3 a.m and got back at 17.30 a.m

Isn’t 14 1/2 hours enough then? :open_mouth: Or has the clock altered since last I looked at it?

Ken.

NO,why do 14 1/2 when your allowed to do 15 hrs,your at work so may as well make a day off it,pennies make pounds

LOL.

:unamused:

see thats why youve ended up with a few ropey vans,if youed of maximised your potencial earning over the years by not zb off home after 14.5 hrs you may of ended up with enough in the money box to buy yourself a truck instead,but as you seem like the rest of the idle [zb] on here who havent got a good days work in them youll end up running a few old trannies,ill wave as i pass you on my way to my first million

:laughing: As per usual, clueless and thick as [zb].

thick as in getting lost on a docks,thinking someone might give you a lift,going to look at a car thats in london and you end up in norfolk
clueless-knocking down a bus shelter whilst not knowing which side of the truck the steering wheel was on,yes you can cetainly talk abot thick and clueless billy cant you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,anyway youve been a bit quite of late,not your normal sharp tonque,whats up, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
cant believe it took them that long to suss you, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: goodnight :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Forum Rule #3

Rule 3 also covers Personal Attacks. Attack the post but not the poster.

dd.

The post about double manning with a gay man, someone posts homophobic, illegal statement, the moderator states he has seen it and removes posts he does not agree with(does he agree with the remarks), the post is left up and nothing done about it .

truckyboy:
Ok…moment of truth…i am anti gay…if i could i would have them all shot…theres no room on this planet for people like that…i am a christian…believe in the lord…believe in adam and eve, and the bible…man and woman…woman and man…thats me…
So to get to the point…I would definitely not doubleman with a gay, and certainly dont bellieve in double manning with anyone else.
I believe that to double man with a woman would also be taboo, as nice as it may sound to some, my wife would not be too pleased, so i would have genuine grounds to refuse, for the same reason.

As an added bonus, I took my family out to central london one saturday a while ago, went to soho for a chinese…in full view of everyone, was a gay couple openly kissing and groping each other…i felt it was disgusting…and told them so which led to a big row…so thats what we have now we have allowed these gay scumbags to come out of the wardrobes…and look at how some are so pleased to tell the world about their ■■■■■■■■■ and gayness…the quicker they are obliterated…the better it will be for me.

I hate injustice and agree that we should all be treated as equals, one rule for all.

Rant over

Just for the record before any accusations start, it was not me that reported Ady’s post. As much as I don’t particularly like the guy (I’m sure the feeling is mutual) he gets back as good as he dishes out (and vice versa) and so I’d never report a post in those circumstances as it would be totally hypocritical.

The only explanation I can come up with is that the mods have some secret unwritten rule where they leave factual stuff in place and remove fiction; that would certainly be in line with what’s been posted in the thread extract anyway. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fileep! It’s because RobK is a mod in secret! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Have you seen his Lambretta!! Covered in Spots and Mirrors! :grimacing:

I’m all for taking the p1$$, if you give then you should take when it comes your way(stick that is). I am not sticking up for ady1 coz some of stuff he comes out with… well you know what I mean :laughing: :laughing: But the moderators get involved when they don’t need to, then disregard stuff they shouldn’t.

I would of thought the best way to discredit ‘truckyboys’ post would be to leave it up.

Fileep:

What is it with the moderators on here, example 1, RobK has a pop at ady1, ady1 returns fire, moderator comes along and ady1 gets post removed yet RobK’s is left up!

Hi Fileep,

Sorry mate, but you’ve got your facts all wrong here…

NO post got removed, simple, end of.
This post hasn’t been removed either, because it’s a perfectly fair question.

To answer your question, I removed three personal attacks as per forum rule #3 because a poster possibly didn’t understand that attacking a post is completely different to attacking a person.

:bulb: FYI, and with the best will in the world, we can’t look at every word in every post, so if you see a post that you think breaks Forum rules, please use the confidential report button.

Why have the posts been removed■■?

dieseldave:

Fileep:

Hi Fileep,

To answer your question, I removed three personal attacks as per forum rule #3 because a poster possibly didn’t understand that attacking a post is completely different to attacking a person.

:bulb: FYI, and with the best will in the world, we can’t look at every word in every post, so if you see a post that you think breaks Forum rules, please use the i’m a ■■■■■■■ grass button.

Fileep:

They’ve been split to the Off Topic Carryfast ■■■■■■■■ Split From Feedback Forum thread.

Fileep:

I can’t speak for other Mods, but having looked at the link provided by tachograph, my guess is that they were off-topic to your OP.

Fileep:

Off topic.

Plus I figured it would give you something else to complain about. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Saaamon:

dieseldave:

Fileep:

Hi Fileep,

:bulb: FYI, and with the best will in the world, we can’t look at every word in every post, so if you see a post that you think breaks Forum rules, please use the i’m a [zb] grass button.

:bulb: Let’s just hope that everybody obeys the forum rules and doesn’t use that kind of personal insults against you then.

As you know, not everybody takes the time to read the rules, or they do but then choose to disregard them, so here’s where my suggestion came from:

Rule 2 If you’re unhappy about a specific post, use the report button or e-mail or PM the Forum Moderator.

That clarifies the use of the ‘report’ button, but in the case mentioned in the OP it was me who spotted three highly out-of-order personal attacks and removed them.
Speaking hypothetically, it wouldn’t have made any difference whether the post was reported or not, cos the first Mod to have seen it would have removed what I removed.

:bulb: If your comment means that you’re unhappy with the forum rules, you could always use a forum where the rules are more to your liking.

Coffeeholic:

Fileep:

Off topic.

Plus I figured it would give you something else to complain about. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t make a habit of complaining, it just revs my nuts off when it appears there’s one rule for one and one for another.

I have no problem if you remove nasty comments, but read what I was complaining about then you’d see my point. RobK calls ady thick as ■■■■(which I agree with) but ady1 retaliates and you remove his comments and leave Robk’s up.

Also, while I’m still on the soap box, I can understand when you remove posts that are hearsay and could lead to civil action through the courts, but you leave an illegal homophobic statement made by a forum member up. I don’t buy the argument to make him look a fool either.

I shall now go and drain a bottle of red wine, chill out and move on! Never to complain again…until next time :slight_smile:

Fileep:

Coffeeholic:

Fileep:

Off topic.

I don’t make a habit of complaining, it just revs my nuts off when it appears there’s one rule for one and one for another.

Course there is, it’s the way of the world. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Fileep:
I have no problem if you remove nasty comments, but read what I was complaining about then you’d see my point. RobK calls ady thick as [zb](which I agree with) but ady1 retaliates and you remove his comments and leave Robk’s up.

I didn’t remove any comments, I just don’t care about them enough to bother. :wink:

Fileep:
Also, while I’m still on the soap box, I can understand when you remove posts that are hearsay and could lead to civil action through the courts, but you leave an illegal homophobic statement made by a forum member up. I don’t buy the argument to make him look a fool either.

See above. :wink:

Fileep:
I shall now go and drain a bottle of red wine, chill out and move on! Never to complain again…until next time

I’ve just started my second bottle and am chilled to the point of meh.

To put it very simply, this site does not have any active moderation. :laughing: ie. don’t expect any posts to get edited or removed unless you report them, but even then, the moderation can often be completely random. :confused: In general I feel this is a good thing as the forums basically run themselves which is how it should be as we’re all adults here and shouldn’t need nannying like babies. Things sometimes get heated and arguments erupt but they usually simmer down again on their own without any mod or admin intervention :slight_smile: .

However regarding the thread in question, I do think that in the interests of balance and keeping the peace that either both comments should have been left, or both comments should have been removed. Just deleting ady’s was bound to spark a reaction really. I’m surprised there hasn’t been any posts here about favouritism yet too :stuck_out_tongue: .

This is my stance on the matter.

demotivational-posters-indifference.jpg

Fileep:

Coffeeholic:

Fileep:

Off topic.

I have no problem if you remove nasty comments, but read what I was complaining about then you’d see my point. RobK calls ady thick as [zb](which I agree with) but ady1 retaliates and you remove his comments and leave Robk’s up.

Hi Fileep,

You seem to have changed your tune a little once it was pointed out to you that no post had been removed, but never mind, perhaps nobody has noticed. :wink:

IMHO you have a fair point about there appearing to be some kind of favouritism, but that’ll be because I’m owning up to having missed what Rob said. That’s a fair cop. Sorry. :blush:

Comparing what Rob said against what ady said, all I can say is that ady’s comments were deeply personal and very OTT in the circumstances.

Now as for going back and taking out what Rob said, that’s a different matter, becuase there are some conspiracy theorists who might think I’d done that to cover up my mistake. They might even put that in the Feedback forum and I’d not be able to defend that due to what it would look like, so it stays unless another Mod (or Rob himself) sees fit to remove it.

Now it seems that we’re all so laid back that we’re horizontal. Meh!! :smiley: