Moderation complaint

Gotta love the hot and cold moderation on this site! Now if the original post was thus-

DonutUK:
…running a big fleet of red trucks…yes, it’s Southern Star*!

They have to be the biggest cowboy outfit in the UK…none of their motors seem to have functioning speed limiters, their drivers are incapable of the most basic aspects of driving I.e. the use of mirrors or indicators, in fact their drivers are the worst I see every day, from the little vans who are obviously driven by employees who have severely limited mobility judging by their need to park no more than 3ft from their delivery/collection regardless of how dangerous or inconvenient their vehicle is…right up to the Artic drivers who seem to think that an indicator is something to be used after they have pulled out in front of you not before…or believe that it is your responsibility to avoid the arse end of the trailer when they want to come back in instead of allowing a safe distance to develop before trying to scrape the bugs off your bumper with their rear under run bar!

Would we be now on the second page?

(*I actually put Stobart but thought it would be more funny putting businessman of the year Harry Monk.)

Split from main forum for Luke to discuss the forum Moderation.

I know mr monk has got a lot of stick on here lately but i think a lot stems from the fact he can have a sly dig at people and come up with ridiculos statements and get away with it.
Anyone mentions gypsys in this site and Rikki goes in to meltdown unless its mr monk

Or puntabrava, he drops the ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ phrase in here and there without condemnation, at least I think it was him, the thread’s gone now :open_mouth:

Can’t have a dig at moderation here…NO NO NO. Total waste of time. :confused: :unamused:

How come the so-called ‘hard line moderation’ doesn’t apply to everyone? Trolls, antagonists and posters generally stirring up trouble were going to be stamped on hard and fast because the softer approach hadn’t worked previously…■■

Yeh, right! :unamused:

Never seen a forum with so many complaints about moderation and so many saying you can`t complain about it.

I like a good slagging match but there`s some amount of hysterical school girls with an HGV licence.

If you don`t like a post why not just answer the post, tbh if somebody develops a hatred for a particular firm because he thinks his firm drive better then he needs counselling. lol

Would it be better if there was a thumbs up or down option
for posts?

Edited :unamused:

kr79:
Anyone mentions gypsys in this site and Rikki goes in to meltdown unless its mr monk

I do advise fellow truck drivers with full tanks of diesel not to park near traveller encampments and if some people think that saying that makes me “racist” then I suppose I’ll just have to live with that.

Just be thankful that there is still one member allowed to flag the problem up. :wink:

Why do they call them travellers when that is the last thing they do? :laughing:

The thing with moderation is that it’s private, so the members don’t see what goes on behind the scenes. The moderators are subject to the same rules as everyone else, none of us get any special treatment, believe me. I could show you all numerous PMs from my fellow mods where I’m on the receiving end of a major bollocking, but like I said, they’re private :cry:

The other thing to bear in mind is that when threads get locked down it is not necessarily because of the last post, this site is not manned 24/7, so by the time an infringement is spotted, there may well be another dozen posts made by other members :bulb:

Sometimes all it not as it appears :wink:

newmercman:
The thing with moderation is that it’s private, so the members don’t see what goes on behind the scenes. The moderators are subject to the same rules as everyone else, none of us get any special treatment, believe me. I could show you all numerous PMs from my fellow mods where I’m on the receiving end of a major bollocking, but like I said, they’re private :cry:

The other thing to bear in mind is that when threads get locked down it is not necessarily because of the last post, this site is not manned 24/7, so by the time an infringement is spotted, there may well be another dozen posts made by other members :bulb:

Sometimes all it not as it appears :wink:

That is the understatement of the year,

With regard to the resident Bigot , I use to park right on the door step of a travellers site in Peckham and it was the safest place in the area to park , nothing half inched in ten years of going there.

There does seem to be a certain stereo type posting by the knowall twerps on here IMHO :sunglasses:

Wheel Nut:
Why do they call them travellers when that is the last thing they do? :laughing:

Now you’re being unfair! They do travel…from truckstop to truckstop and layby to layby :imp:

bigvern1:
Can’t have a dig at moderation here…NO NO NO. Total waste of time. :confused: :unamused:

Now then bigvern1, if that were true, then why hasn’t this post of yours been whisked away out of sight?

The Mod/Admin Team are open to fair criticism, but you have to remember that TN has to run in the way that the owners wish it to be run. Also to be remembered is that the Mod/Admin Team are all invited volunteers.

As mentioned by NMM, the TN site isn’t monitored 24/7 because of work and family life etc, so there will be times when people see something that shouldn’t be posted.

As for fair application of the forum rules, I guess it’s a bit like football referees… they’re all human and don’t always see everything or get a decision correct even though they try their best to be consistent.

Since the Team can’t monitor every word in every post, the best thing to do if something isn’t right is to simply press the little triangular ‘report’ button on the offending post, rather than making a unnecessary public fuss about it.

And finally we come to the trolls… well, let’s just say that they’re being dealt with. :wink:

Wheel Nut:

Whatever we are allowed to call them by the ever-more PC brigade, these are people who have made a lifestyle choice and not are not “of a race”. They are no more of a race than hippies, pigeon-fanciers or train spotters.

These are the Mick Philpott’s of the world. People who choose to go out at night to steal diesel.

Now, can we stop indulging them please and face up to facts?

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:

Whatever we are allowed to call them by the ever-more PC brigade, these are people who have made a lifestyle choice and not are not “of a race”. They are no more of a race than hippies, pigeon-fanciers or train spotters.

These are the Mick Philpott’s of the world. People who choose to go out at night to steal diesel.

Calling a traveller the P word is the same as calling a black person the N word, the P word may be more acceptable to some as the traveller is not the most popular minority out there, mainly because of the ratio of light fingered people in their community, but really why do people feel put out that they cannot use a derogatory term to describe a person, very few people think it’s acceptable to call a black man by the derogatory term beginning with N, even if they do use it to refer to themselves :unamused: I’m no fan of PC nonsense, but traveller/■■■■■, we all know what you mean, so just use the one that’s acceptable and you’ll get no bother, most people who share your views will convert traveller to the P word in their head anyway :bulb:

newmercman:
… so just use the one that’s acceptable and you’ll get no bother, most people who share your views will convert traveller to the P word in their head anyway :bulb:

IMHO, that’s a great way of thinking about it. :smiley:

Problems can arise when people use certain derogatory words to describe whole sections of society.

Not all truck drivers are thieves, but some are.
Not all travellers are thieves, but some are.
Not all are thieves, but some are.

:bulb: Some members of the public think that all truck drivers are unwashed Neanderthals, but we’re quick enough to (rightly) kick up a fuss when we’re branded as such.
It’s fair to say that the actions of a few truck drivers have affected the public perception of the many, and equally it’s no different with travellers or any other group of people.
IMHO, it’s completely disingenuous to start talking of percentages and probability, because to do that loses sight of the principle established by the bigger picture.

The bigger picture is that a thief is a thief, so that’s exactly what they should be called, and there’s nothing PC about that because once convicted of the offence of theft, even a judge will call any person from any profession/lifestyle … a thief.
It’s no more complicated than that.

Peter sutcliffe never done the publics veiw of lorry drivers much good

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:

Ya daft racist , thats like saying everyone who lives in Ramsgate is a pauper :unamused: