MODEL TRUCKS

Some pics of a Morris FHK 8 tonner that I’m currently building for someone
1/24 scale-the cab is from a triang die cast toy and has been something of a challenge to make it look less toy like lol
The chassis ,body and interior are scratbuilt,wheels are from a KFS Bedford TK
When finished it will be roped and sheeted…

It’s good to see a FHK being reproduced in miniature, from my memories of almost 50 years ago the cab interior looks to be spot on. Making my back and legs twinge though when I think of the hours I spent crouched under the nearside wheelarch of them though!! :open_mouth: Well done. :wink:

Pete.

Bewick:

This is a couple of shots of the actual Scania the model was based on.

Hello everyone,

I have just finished this old white metal Foden S80 and 40ft Curtainsider. It was built from two original Modeltrux kits that my dad produced in the early 90s. The decals are a mix of original and home made. I have added resin headlights and some weathering for extra detail.

Chose the lovely Jefferies of Otley livery, i remember going to their old yard many years ago

Thanks

holydiver:
Hello everyone,

I have just finished this old white metal Foden S80 and 40ft Curtainsider. It was built from two original Modeltrux kits that my dad produced in the early 90s. The decals are a mix of original and home made. I have added resin headlights and some weathering for extra detail.

Chose the lovely Jefferies of Otley livery, i remember going to their old yard many years ago

Thanks

That looks brilliant!!-love the weathering

Thought id put a tank behind the Scania. Few details to tidy and is done.

andrew.s:

holydiver:
Hello everyone,

Thanks

That looks brilliant!!-love the weathering

Thanks Andrew

Bit of progress with the Morris-
And I know the sheet should be over the headboard-but on the real one the sheet was slightly too short,and the person I’m building it for wants it to look exactly as it does in the pic on the previous page…

Don’t know why the pics are on their side lol-can anyone turn them the right way up please!

Nearly finished now.

Jelliot:
I tried using that pin lining and some of it ended up in my ear…

That’s not a bad looking axle set up there Wolfie it should be a few years before it starts to sag…it turned out well in the end…

Get into it Landowner that’s what it’s all about … Make it into something that means something to you… I’m guessing it’s about 1/50 scale… Loads of code 3 builders out there changing things about…

Jeff

Thanks Jelliot, its about 1/38 scale if I measured right, 2.5 inches wide and 15.5 inches long
Working on tractor unit for a model trailer I built at present (1/3 scale) , still in design stage, working it out from the bits I’ve got lying about.

Built this model last year not many alterations to original kit, apart from right hand drive modification, trailer is the Italeri timber trailer altered slightly with a pipe load.

P1000274.JPG

P1000271.JPG

P1000266.JPG

P1000256.JPG

P1000258.JPG

That’s very nice, is it an M&G dash kit?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ALL first class

newmercman:
That’s very nice, is it an M&G dash kit?

Hi Newmercman no it’s from KFS think it’s part TQ105 i also added the dash panel from Czech Truck Models if you have not visited that site it,s well worth for all the little detailing parts that you didn’t think you really needed until you see them :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve got some CTM bits in my stash, F12 and 141 dashboards and the badge sets for both, they have some awesome bits over there, I have to stay off their online catalogue as I can’t trust myself lol

newmercman:
I’ve got some CTM bits in my stash, F12 and 141 dashboards and the badge sets for both, they have some awesome bits over there, I have to stay off their online catalogue as I can’t trust myself lol

I know exactly what you mean!!
I’ve just bought a load of Scania LB detail stuff for a future 110 I’m thinking of building.the 80/110/140
Dashboard is the ■■■■■■■■!!

Here’s a couple of pics of my latest project-scania LB76 super
It’s going to be a rhd uk spec unit that I’ve converted from a sleeper to a day cab.
I’ve started this whilst I wait for decals for my Morris FHK to be made.
These are only a quick mock up of the cab on the chassis,long long way to go with this,but thought some of you might be interested

It’s going to be one of Pentus Browns’ from Leighton Buzzard
Many thanks to Ashley Coghill for all his help with this.
Nmp

Looks Great Andrew, looking forward to seeing more of this

tc trans:
Looks Great Andrew, looking forward to seeing more of this

Cheers Tony-it’s about time you built something lol

You’re a brave man Andrew, after Ashley’s LB76 build, I think I would only be disappointed with anything I could do. Although, I’m pretty confident I could get the paint to dry lol