MODEL TRUCKS

Lonewolf Yorks:

Jelliot:
Nice build Pete… Have you finished building Yates trucks ? I recon that Scania took you about 6 months… and that was just trying to get the pin striping on straight…

Thanks Wolfie… foiled again… How’s that Brinor trailer coming on…Transconti at the front?

Jeff…

Finished it this very weekend Jeff…

Nice trailer job mate! Nice to see an unusual transcon remembered in model form too. Nice work!
Dare I suggest relocating the TIR-plate to the tailboard? Most of them were metal at that time, though I daresay the rigid plastic ones had come in but neither could be attached to the canopy. Even the sticky-back plastic versions (usually only used for decoration) wouldn’t have stayed on a tilt canopy for long. Hope you don’t mind.

Robert

Nice build Mr Wolf… I like building Howards trans kits they go together well…What rear axle set up did you use for the Transconti ? I think I robbed a Daf set up for my Chris Hooper Astrans one… Italeri made the chassis width the same on both so it was an easy conversion…
I have to agree with Uncle Bob TIR plate has to come of the tarp and be moved down onto the steel work…

Jeff…

I used one of Howards twin axle suspension kits. The problem I had was that the chassis was extended BEHIND the drive axle to add the second (non lift) axle. So instead of cutting the chassis and shortening it to get the Transcon wheelbase, I had to add some chassis at the split and then move the entire rear axle setup forward.

Jelliot:
Nice build Pete… Have you finished building Yates trucks ? I recon that Scania took you about 6 months… and that was just trying to get the pin striping on straight…

Thanks Wolfie… foiled again… How’s that Brinor trailer coming on…Transconti at the front?

Jeff…

Thanks Jeff

There may be a couple more orange wagons at some point but im having a break and going through the collection slowly. The Scania was built from spares from other builds and probably only took about 2 months. As gor the striping i quite enjoy doing it mate, fiddly but i just take my time.

Cheers Peter

Charity shop purchace, needs wheels swapping and rear lights, is this allowed ?

I tried using that pin lining and some of it ended up in my ear…

That’s not a bad looking axle set up there Wolfie it should be a few years before it starts to sag…it turned out well in the end…

Get into it Landowner that’s what it’s all about … Make it into something that means something to you… I’m guessing it’s about 1/50 scale… Loads of code 3 builders out there changing things about…

Jeff

Will the Transcon cab fit either the Daf 3300 or 48 Merc 6 wheeler chassis? I’m thinking of doing mine as a wagon and drag.

Or am I going to have to use a Volvo chassis and stretch it, or even build my own rails?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

newmercman:
Will the Transcon cab fit either the Daf 3300 or 48 Merc 6 wheeler chassis? I’m thinking of doing mine as a wagon and drag.

Or am I going to have to use a Volvo chassis and stretch it, or even build my own rails?

I would be inclined to use the Volvo chassis for the front ,and the daf rear for the double drive rear end and splice your own rails in between-all the cab mounts and front wings etc are designed to fit the Volvo donor kit so it makes for a much easier fit .
Then when you build the daf,use the Volvo rear section and make it a four wheeler :sunglasses:
That’s just my opinion -others may differ lol
That European Freightbus Transcon would look great!!

Hi Marky Mercman… Italeri made the Daf the same width as the Volvo kit . I’ve done a few conversions where I just hack the back end of both kits and swap the chassis rails with suspension and axles… so in theory Howard’s Transconti kit should fit the Daf chassis… At the time of it’s release, the Daf kit hadn’t been re releases and was hard to track down, the Volvo was readily available so it was suggested to use the Volvo chassis… You might have to do a bit of fiddling with the cab and wing mounts as the trans kit was designed for the Volvo …Easiest way to find out is just phone Howard ( or email him ) when you order the Trans Kit… Chris Moxham would sort you with the decals… and the correct number plate… just bung him a photo of the truck… I usually get the art work back from him a couple of days.

I have a spare tilt body that you can have to hack up for the Transconti…I make my own ones now so I no longer need the kit ones… and the Italeri ABC trailer kit would be right for the trailer…

PM me if you have any problems…

Jeff…

Cheers chaps, I’ve got the tilt bodies sorted from the Daf and Merc kits I have and I want to make 4x2 versions of these anyway, so a cut and shut will work. I’ve got the Transcon already, along with a couple of F88s and a Mandator from Howard, I’ve also got the drag trailers in my stash. I’ve got everything I need except the time to do it lol

This modeller was an retired ex BRS Driver who had always wanted to work for a decent outfit so this was as close as he could get !

He’s done well with that… who made it and what scale is it… Is it about 2 and 1/2 feet long (1/ 24 ), or 9 inches or so ( 1/50)…

Jeff…

Jeff.

It look’s like a 1/50th scale Corgi Hauliers of Renown series, painted in the Bewick colours nice job also.

Bewick:

This modeller was an retired ex BRS Driver who had always wanted to work for a decent outfit so this was as close as he could get !

He’s roped over the cap!

Just finished this model, drove this quite a few times. PSA which stood for Polish Shipping Agency had this unit down at Tilbury until the Polish Ocean Line ferry stopped . It was brought up to Teesport and worked on P&O Ferrymasters.

Bewick:

Hi Bewick,I noticed a name on the front of the model , are all your trucks named and did you put the names or the drivers cheers John

Bewick:

You might have guessed he used to work for BRS,he has roped over the fly sheet,lol,lol!

David

smallcoal:

Bewick:

Hi Bewick,I noticed a name on the front of the model , are all your trucks named and did you put the names or the drivers cheers John

Hiya John, I allocated all the names to our fleet although three or four of our Drivers did become attached to the name of their unit and it was transferred to the next unit they drove !

Some of the names !
Bewick

It’s nice when you see names on trucks your motors look really nice and a credit to you ,you should see ours our new units got dents scratches panels broke on them they look terrible and not a year old