MOD 4 - Revising Concerns

Before i start need apologise for another mod 4 thread…

Passed my Mod 2 last year, only now just got around to booking and paying for MOD 4 - Been given some material (of which they missed/didn’t mention Section 3) from the instructor to read revise etc… watched the video ROG linked to and read the PDF from Flair Training… So why does it not seem enough ? Might just me being pessimistic or glass half empty… nothing seems to stick…i have 4 hours with my instructor prior to test so hopefully there’s some methodical way of memorizing the answers to the various potential question sets…I do hope there is!! Not the cheapest hoop to jump through but its the last!!

Cheers All

Sam

Which bits of the mod 4 are you not ok with ?

I think sometimes you can over complicate things in your head when you read or watch too much stuff. Thing is, the examiner will tend to hint a lot in my experience and from what the instructor said, as they dont want yiu to fail.

You should get a sheet for vehicle checks which you can use on the test and hopefully the instructor will show you the restraint stuff like chains or ropes - again dont worry as you dont need to remember dolly knots for the actual test from what I was told and it apparently very rarely appears in the test…they cant be bothered putting it all away is my theory. :slight_smile:

It’ll be over faster than you know but do remember to step in and out of the truck the right way! They have to fail you if you dont.

ROG:
Which bits of the mod 4 are you not ok with ?

Load Distribution (half load question)( pallets, empty cages, steel plates)
Seen answers stating up against headboard (which would stop load from shifting under braking) but i’ve also seen answers stating over rear axle…

The centre of gravity question - looking at therear of the vehicle its directly in the centre… from the side it is the middle of the front and rear axles

The difference (may sound odd) between the checks carried out before starting the engine and daily checks? as the answers seems to overlap themselves…

Think thats it really section 3 is same answer for all potential questions and i believe you get a check sheet for the daily check…
with regards to the daily check question… is the rolling brake test the last thing you do?

It might be me being nervous and anxious about the unknown…and the potential for having a brain ■■■■ / going blank…

Either way Tomorrow is go time!!!

Thanks Again

Sam

If the weight is not too much for the front axle then its against the headboard

Daily checks and fully checking out the vehicle should be about the same but perhaps more in-depth on the mod4 test

Center of gravity will depend on how high the load is and what weight it is - you may have a top heavy load in which case the gravity center is higher = best to have weight lower so gravity center is lower and saves possibility of topple over on bends etc

Load Distribution
I just said i would arrange the load evenly across the length of the vehicle with the heavier items on the bottom. Ensuring all pallets are correctly secured to prevent the load from moving under braking and turning procedures.

Centre of gravity
Along the bed of the vehicle, and up the centre of the vehicle

Difference between checks
I think you are thinking of a cockpit drill check and a daily walk around check,

Daily walk around check, like you said you should have a list in the cab with everything you need to look for or check, so just follow that procedure and can’t really go wrong, leave the brake and speedometer test till the end, just roll forward couple feet saying you have checked the speedometer and brakes and they appear to be fine.

Cockpit check
Look both ways before entering the vehicle
Open door fully and climb in using the three points of contact (both hands on the hand rails and one foot on the step)
Check Handbrake is on and neutral is selected
Adjust seat to be comfortable
Check mirrors are clean and in correct position
Check have enough fuel for the journey (Just say you have enough for the journey)

For the immigrant and drug check, basically walk around the vehicle checking any space you can see, it might sound like you are rambling and keep repeating yourself but its fine, don’t forget to check ontop of the vehicle, under the bonnet and importantly the fuel cap

Gavinf89:
Load Distribution
Cockpit check
Look both ways before entering the vehicle
Open door fully and climb in using the three points of contact (both hands on the hand rails and one foot on the step)
Check Handbrake is on and neutral is selected
Adjust seat to be comfortable
Check mirrors are clean and in correct position
Check have enough fuel for the journey (Just say you have enough for the journey)

Cheers All…

Gavin is the in cab height marker included in this or not?

Thanks Again

Sam

After all that flapping I passed today with 100%. Thanks to all for help and pointers… those that are about to do MOD 4 you know more than you think!!

Remember they want to hear certain things and
when they ask “is there anything else” there usually is!!

Cheers

Sam

Well done :smiley: like all of us you was worrying over nothing

Gavinf89:
Well done :smiley: like all of us you was worrying over nothing

Cheers pal. Agency almost bit nervous hand off today when I said I’m interested in class 2 and 1 work. Hahaha