Mobile Speed Vans

Hope it was not in Scotland as its points without a doubt …I have been waiting for ten days for a NIP to arrive from Scotland, only 4 more to go to get away with it !

Quinny:

Rutty555:
Cool, well i no now they have to inform you within 14days if they catch you speeding. Unless like me they have to go back and forth, ie hire cars or work trucks etc, but if your registered owner if you have not heard after 3 weeks your in the clear! Thats by law guys, they have 14 days to tell you, or no case.
Good luck. Cheers guys

Not true iirc.

As long as the NIP is produced in 14 days. It could sit for another 3 weeks before it reaches you.

Ken.

Hi Ken, sorry Ken i dont understand. You mean sit where? In the police office for 3 weeks?
I may not of been to the letter there in my explanation, but on the government site it says they 14days to … Now im unsure… Write the letter and date it they day they have processed the letter. I must admit it says nowhere they then can leave it around for weeks. It does however say it must be posted 1st class. Sounds strange i no, but i dont make the rules!! … But in the rules it says it must be sent 1st class. It also states its nit there problem if P.O takes 3/4 days to deliver or if there a hold up due to strike action. Etc.
It just goes to show how confusing the whole thing can be, i have devoted many hours to this today and never knew what you mention above.
For arguments sake and to stop being untrue then may i put in laymans terms if possible. I retract above as this is untrue.
If you see camera van and he clocks you on 1st if any given month, they have to produce paperwork in office and date it in office by 14th of that month. Then by law send it 1st class. Ie: they may process letter on 8th and it will say 8th on letter, but you may not get it for weeks. But it will be sent 1st class. They just dont have to send it immediatley after they process it.
Sorry my bad.
Cheers Ken.

3 wheeler:
Hope it was not in Scotland as its points without a doubt …I have been waiting for ten days for a NIP to arrive from Scotland, only 4 more to go to get away with it !

Ah no, not in Scotland. Good luck

ken i got zapped doing 50 in a 40 zone , yep my fault did the speed awareness last friday £80 and no points , but if your sure you were not speeding then maybe the camera was not working properly , contact what force that are doing you and ask to see the camera calibration certificate

tattooed:
ken i got zapped doing 50 in a 40 zone , yep my fault did the speed awareness last friday £80 and no points , but if your sure you were not speeding then maybe the camera was not working properly , contact what force that are doing you and ask to see the camera calibration certificate

Thanks.

like I said calibration is a ■■■■■, it always nails the screws :smiley:

Ring them and ask for photographic evidence of the alleged speeding offence. Without that they can’t do a thing, and if it has been worked out wrong that will also be clear.

My mate had this some years ago, evidence was inconclusive (think that was the word) no case!

dri-diddly-iver:
Ring them and ask for photographic evidence of the alleged speeding offence. Without that they can’t do a thing, and if it has been worked out wrong that will also be clear.

My mate had this some years ago, evidence was inconclusive (think that was the word) no case!

Hi, thanks and great reply. Can i ring them and ask that?
Many thanks.

I don’t know if those wonkers keep the photos they take, if they do there are numerous pics of me giving various coffee shaker and single finger signs over the years to the tossers.
What makes me mad is you only see them on high volume roads where they make more money, or even a ■■■■■■ motorway where it is realatively safe to drive at high speed if appropriate. You never see them, or rarely anyway, in small towns where kids play etc.

dri-diddly-iver:

Thanks again for sharing this, been pulling hair out as i no i was not speeding, this post at last proves my sanity… The ALL MIGHTY camera can lie.
Thanks chum.

robroy:
I don’t know if those wonkers keep the photos they take, if they do there are numerous pics of me giving various coffee shaker and single finger signs over the years to the tossers.
What makes me mad is you only see them on high volume roads where they make more money, or even a [zb] motorway where it is realatively safe to drive at high speed if appropriate. You never see them, or rarely anyway, in small towns where kids play etc.

Ha ha ha!
And your correct.

Join the freemasons! No more fines ,nip,s Happy days :open_mouth:

Just pay it ! I know how u feel had one 34 mph ! Cost me £120 quid ,and three hours in a hotel. :unamused: :unamused:

Remember its about road safety not MONEY! Bunch of bathplugs. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Next time u see that van get down to about 15 mph!

Quinny:

Rutty555:
Cool, well i no now they have to inform you within 14days if they catch you speeding. Unless like me they have to go back and forth, ie hire cars or work trucks etc, but if your registered owner if you have not heard after 3 weeks your in the clear! Thats by law guys, they have 14 days to tell you, or no case.
Good luck. Cheers guys

Not true iirc.

As long as the NIP is produced in 14 days. It could sit for another 3 weeks before it reaches you.

Ken.

No, the NIP must be “served” within 14 days - i.e. if sent by post it must be sent so as to arrive at the registered keeper’s address within 14 days.

Rutty555:
Many thanks.

Yes you can! It is their evidence for your defence :wink: and they MUST provide it!

Rutty555:

mike68:
The APCO guidelines state that the tolerance they give is 10% +2 M.P.H this is because most speedos are not calibrated and can never be 100% accurate the digital tachograph printout does not show speed.

You can do a speed trace printout from the menu.

Where did the camera van get you?

Ken.

dri-diddly-iver:

Rutty555:
Many thanks.

Yes you can! It is their evidence for your defence :wink: and they MUST provide it!

Unfortunately that’s not true, you can ring and ask and they may provide you with a screenshot from a video but you are not entitled to see any evidence unto you have plead not guilty and opted for court, my approach would be a polite one to them asking for them to review the footage and explaining why you are sure they are mistaken, if you go to court the evidence wil be an approved operator using an approved device that takes an instant measurement of your speed as it will be a laser device, difficult and expensive to disprove and if expert witnesses are called and you lose you pick up the tab, good luck whichever way you decide to play it.

MrH:

dri-diddly-iver:

Rutty555:
Many thanks.

Unfortunately that’s not true, you can ring and ask and they may provide you with a screenshot from a video but you are not entitled to see any evidence unto you have plead not guilty and opted for court, my approach would be a polite one to them asking for them to review the footage and explaining why you are sure they are mistaken, if you go to court the evidence wil be an approved operator using an approved device that takes an instant measurement of your speed as it will be a laser device, difficult and expensive to disprove and if expert witnesses are called and you lose you pick up the tab, good luck whichever way you decide to play it.

I did this^^ I went to court and showed beyond all reasonable doubt that they were wrong (85 in a 70 alleged, in a car of course). The DJ admitted in court that the speed alleged was incorrect… That the evidence from my expert was conclusive (my expert calculated I was doing 71 or 72. All good? No. The DJ said that I was still speeding so fined me £150 and 4 points instead of the 3. My solicitor was fuming… but I let it drop. 10k to go to a higher court with no guarantee of winning. I also had a passenger that testified I wasn’t speeding. There were 7 other vehicles in the screen shot from the video… The camera was at an angle and should have been directly in front of me…

I could go on. In short, they’ll do you for it if they really want, whatever you do. So don’t waster your time worrying. it’s just another hazard of being a driver.

Quick question to the OP.
Was this a hand held laser gun or a van with the auto job in the back with the flap window open??
Reason I ask is that the hand held devices can be miss used and give false readings, its not unknown.
Dedicated van though is normally 100% bang on.

Truckulent:

MrH:

dri-diddly-iver:

Rutty555:
Many thanks.

I did this^^ I went to court and showed beyond all reasonable doubt that they were wrong (85 in a 70 alleged, in a car of course). The DJ admitted in court that the speed alleged was incorrect… That the evidence from my expert was conclusive (my expert calculated I was doing 71 or 72. All good? No. The DJ said that I was still speeding so fined me £150 and 4 points instead of the 3. My solicitor was fuming… but I let it drop. 10k to go to a higher court with no guarantee of winning. I also had a passenger that testified I wasn’t speeding. There were 7 other vehicles in the screen shot from the video… The camera was at an angle and should have been directly in front of me…

I could go on. In short, they’ll do you for it if they really want, whatever you do. So don’t waster your time worrying. it’s just another hazard of being a driver.

Ive heard of one particular bloke who had conclusive evidence that he was not speeding and they still done him!
I think he ended up with a £600 bill + 6 points. w anchors. :angry: