Mobile Phones

Not wanting to get into a slanging match on another post, I did a quick google on “Traffic Commisioner Mobiles” There are thousands of pages :open_mouth:

I think the bit about operators being called to explain their mobile phone policy should put the “where are you” “what time will you be there” bosses in fear of their operator licence renewals

Beverley Bell.

One hundred and twenty six operators were called to disciplinary Public Inquiry. My predecessor, Keith Waterworth, promised tough action against those who failed to abide by the rules and regulations and who continued to attract roadworthiness prohibitions. That stance is reflected in the action taken against licence holders. Some 17% of operators who appeared at a disciplinary Inquiry had their licences revoked compared with 6% the previous year. A further 48% had their licences suspended or their vehicle authorisation reduced. Few operators who appeared at Public Inquiry escaped without some form of disciplinary action being taken against their licence. I shall continue to take a hard line with the habitual offenders. Those who fail to honour the undertakings given to obtain a licence can expect disciplinary action to be taken. In particular, I will not tolerate flagrant abuse of the laws relating to tachograph and drivers hours offences. Those who condone such offences, or by poor management allow them continue will risk losing their licence. I shall be asking the VI and the police to advise me of any offences found. Operators and their drivers should be aware that I do not need a conviction to take action against a licence.

Beverley Bell.

Overall, the number of drivers facing disciplinary action has fallen by some 18%, which is encouraging. However, there has been a rise in the number of drivers brought to my attention due to non endorsable offences and criminal convictions. I have a duty to ensure that other road users and the travelling public are not put at risk by the behaviour of such drivers. Drivers who flout speeding, tachograph and drivers hours regulations can expect disciplinary action to be taken against their vocational driving entitlement.

The general behaviour of bus and coach drivers is also of concern. Two drivers appeared at Public Inquiry following complaints from the public that they were smoking whilst driving on a local bus service. Both drivers received a strong warning about their future conduct. Complaints have also been received about the use of mobile phones whilst driving. Those who use mobile phones whilst driving are not only a danger to themselves but also to the their passengers and I will not tolerate drivers putting lives at risk. A register has been set up to monitor such complaints and disciplinary action will be taken against offenders.

http://www.actcs.co.uk/media/newsletter_1007

Wheel Nut:

Beverley Bell.

Those who use mobile phones whilst driving are not only a danger to themselves but also to the their passengers and I will not tolerate drivers putting lives at risk. A register has been set up to monitor such complaints and disciplinary action will be taken against offenders.

So where do we complain after seeing some driver or other using a mobile phone whilst driving and noting the registration etc?

peirre:
So where do we complain after seeing some driver or other using a mobile phone whilst driving and noting the registration etc?

Easy - carry a drivers mate :wink: :laughing:

peirre:

Wheel Nut:

Beverley Bell.

Those who use mobile phones whilst driving are not only a danger to themselves but also to the their passengers and I will not tolerate drivers putting lives at risk. A register has been set up to monitor such complaints and disciplinary action will be taken against offenders.

I want to know this too! Trouble is, it would be a “your word against theirs” situation - unless you had additional witnesses to back up your statement. :unamused:

Sir LANs-a-lot:

peirre:

Wheel Nut:

Beverley Bell.

I want to know this too! Trouble is, it would be a “your word against theirs” situation - unless you had additional witnesses to back up your statement. :unamused:

If you note the time of the alleged offence,I believe a record of all calls made by a phone is kept,giving the time the call was made.

Ah - but just playing Devil’s Egg nog for a second . . . . .

“Yes Occifer, I was on the phone half an hour ago, but I was parked up at the time”

Beverley Bell will not shut her trap until she has got rid of all UK registered trucks completely and can then spend all week having her over-inflated ego boosted by the rest of the T A’s who can’t quite manage as much media coverage as her…but are trying damned hard.

Maybe when these ‘God’s of all transport issues’ had been in a lorry and realised how thing work in reality rather than on paper, the country would not be in the mess it is regarding finding a safe place to park, pee and sleep.

Don’t shoot the messenger :smiley:

soon you wont be able to ■■■■ without fines for pollution etc…
will need to carry a ■■■■ bag that uses silicon sealant and just fits nicely around ya bum ring… will hold up to 25 litres of gas and can be de-gased at your local LPG station for use in phrap-phrap cars…

this country is going to the dogs… all for public safety < which im for > and global warming…
but its ok for the guys in somalia with the mud huts to burn huge fires to keep the lions and tigers away at night…

i used to fight for queen & country… they mean nothing anymore…
and old golden brown stands in the house of lords argueing the toss offer sly backhanders with a guy from the opposition and gets paid dump loads…

im in the wrong business…

i never get asked, al they do ask is that i ring in when i am leaving. They also provide a mobile in a hands free cradle and a fully active/interactive PDA to enter job details. Way to go hey !!!

My faith in human stupidity was reinforced this morning as the 1st truck I saw when joining the M1 this morning was a Stobart wagon doing 50 so I passed him only to see him with both elbows on the wheel fully engrossed in a convosation with a mobile pressed up to his left ear.
When I pulled up along side a sounded my horn and jestured “mobile phone…Noooooo” he just ignored me. even when I flashed my hazards after I passed, the convo on the phone pressed to his ear continued. As he was doing only around 50 he just kept dropping back in the traffic

mercjim:
this country is going to the dogs… all for public safety < which im for > and global warming…
but its ok for the guys in somalia with the mud huts to burn huge fires to keep the lions and tigers away at night…

Yeah them bloody African’s buggering the environment up with their fires and for what? Just to keep the lions away - don’t they consider their Carbon Footprint’? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

peirre:
My faith in human stupidity was reinforced this morning as the 1st truck I saw when joining the M1 this morning was a Stobart wagon doing 50 so I passed him only to see him with both elbows on the wheel fully engrossed in a convosation with a mobile pressed up to his left ear.
When I pulled up along side a sounded my horn and jestured “mobile phone…Noooooo” he just ignored me. even when I flashed my hazards after I passed, the convo on the phone pressed to his ear continued. As he was doing only around 50 he just kept dropping back in the traffic

Never a police car round when you need one :open_mouth: , should have phoned stobarts, they don’t like anything that brings the company’s name into disrepute :confused:

who should i call
ann
anne
belinda
catrina

too many bloody girls names to remember

peirre:

So lets get this right, from your previous post you like to write down details whilst driving, and from this post, whilst driving, your looking into other cabs, you’re blowing horns, flashing four ways and generally doing all sorts of things other than paying attention to what you’re doing.

So go on, whats so dangerous about mobiles, esp. when compared to this sort of behaviour?