Mobile Phone Tariff's

Anyone offer any idea’s as to the best Mobile Phone Tariff’s/Network for Europe…

At the moment got an 02 PAYG…

25p a min Outgoing
All Incoming free
25p a text message.

£10 a month on PAYG.

Anyone got any better suggestions…■■

Vodafone, get onto their passport tarrif.

on PAYG when on a Vodafone preferred network :
calling= 75p connection charge and then it costs normal uk price if you get on stop the clock even better.

recieving= 75p connection charge and free for a hour.

On contract;
Calling= 75p cc and then it comes out of free mins or normal uk price.

recieving= as PAYG.

I have found Vodafone the cheapest by far, but if you are going to the same country just get a local sim-card, this works out even cheaper.

See here for more passport details

Have a look at 3, if you are a reasonably heavy user. A £15 per month add on to a contract, doesn’t work with PAYG, gives you 2000 mins per month Euro, Australia, US & Canada, this is on top of your UK contract minutes.

Ben9:
Vodafone, get onto their passport tarrif.

on PAYG when on a Vodafone preferred network :
calling= 75p connection charge and then it costs normal uk price if you get on stop the clock even better.

recieving= 75p connection charge and free for a hour.

On contract;
Calling= 75p cc and then it comes out of free mins or normal uk price.

recieving= as PAYG.

I have found Vodafone the cheapest by far, but if you are going to the same country just get a local sim-card, this works out even cheaper.

See here for more passport details

I got a vodafone the other week and got the passport option put on. I asked them about stop the clock, and that doesnt work if you are in Europe it only works UK to UK.

I asked them both in the shop and when i called them up and they were adament that stop the clock wont work in Europe, but people keep telling me it does :exclamation:

I use Teleconnect on a 1 month contract in France. It costs me € 14 plus calls, but as I am a very light user it isn’t worth while going on an inclusive deal - don’t get a long term tie up either. They are a French company but aim at the English speaking market, so all bills are in both languages and the telephone help staff are excellent English speakers.

When I go to England I use my English sim card on O2 PAYGo, not sure how much it is per minute but a 1 week trip recently left me with more than £6 out of a £10 topup. I made quite a lot of calls and texts so it can’t have been much.
As long as I make or receive at least 1 call in any 6 month period I don’t lose the card or the credit.

acd1202:
Have a look at 3, if you are a reasonably heavy user. A £15 per month add on to a contract, doesn’t work with PAYG, gives you 2000 mins per month Euro, Australia, US & Canada, this is on top of your UK contract minutes.

Where do I find about this add-on ■■ I’m on 3 and am in N. Europe every week now, so phoning the other half every night gets expensive, this sounds what I need :wink: . Had a look but can’t find reference to it :confused:

ive got a vodafone contract but i got a o2 payg sim for europe andtell everyone to phone me on it (free) and when i make a call i use the voda one (75p for 1hr)

i heard 3 have some good deals for italy but never heard of that deal covering all of europe

skorpio:

acd1202:

Where do I find about this add-on ■■ I’m on 3 and am in N. Europe every week now, so phoning the other half every night gets expensive, this sounds what I need :wink: . Had a look but can’t find reference to it :confused:

Add International Saver
Fair use policy: Unlimited calling with International Saver is subject to fair use policy of 3,000 minutes per month. Customers will be sent a warning text at 2500 minutes and a confirmation text at 3000 minutes explaining the fair usage policy.
Available to new pay monthly customers entering into a minimum term contract and to existing and new pay as you go customers (directly from 3). Inclusive calls are voice calls from UK to standard landlines in the included destinations and to standard mobiles in USA, Canada, Hong Kong, China & Singapore, video and fax calls are excluded. 388 prefix must be used for calls. All Add-ons including International Saver have a six month minimum term if bought at time of connection. 3 reserves the right to suspend, modify or withdraw Add-ons, without notice, at any time. There is no rollover to the next month for any Add-ons. The unlimited usage allowance for International Saver Add-on only applies to calls made to stated country destinations. Calls made to these destinations whilst roaming abroad and from the UK to any other international destinations are excluded from the Add-on allowance. Your first month’s Add-on charge and allowance (where applicable) may be pro-rated.

Taken from 3’s website.

If calling from one of 3’s sister networks i.e. 3 Irl or 3 Italy to Uk then just comes off your minutes or text allowance at no extra cost :wink: :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley: