Mobile phone delivery

:astonished: hi

I heard from another driver in a cafe the other day that, there are companies delivering phones to europe in vans, and that the money was quite good, does anyone know of any of the companies if so could they let me know asap

thanx

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I wouldn’t like to aide and abet you in your quest but the drivers for this company are about the most indiscrete bunch I have ever met. They seem to take a pride in bragging about the value of the load they are carrying to anyone who will listen on the ferries. Only a matter of time before they aren’t carrying a high value load and are lying in a ditch somewhere, either dead or with a very sore head.

Only a matter of a few weeks ago I overheard one of them trying to impress a female driver with the nature of the goods, the fact they have to travel together because the insurance company insist on it, (I don’t think that is true, I think it is because one can read and the other can write :wink: :smiley: ) the route and the value. In less than two minutes I had all the information I needed to hi-jack them. The final bit would be to follow them back to the car deck to get vehicle type and reg number. Job done.

There is dumb, dumber and then that guy. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for the reply, but do you know of the companies contact details? :slight_smile:

I do, but as I have a lot more discretion than their drivers I am afarid to say I cannot, in good faith, pass those details along.

For all I know you could be wearing a stripey jumper, a mask and carrying a big bag marked ‘SWAG.’ :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Of course, I am sure you aren’t, but you can’t be too careful. :wink:

:slight_smile: I like that, idont own a stripey jumper and none of my bags have swag on them, im just looking for a job that pays well, before xmas gets here and im totaly skint for it.

the other way is if i give you my contact details and you pass it on to them? :laughing:

Try MJ Warehousing in Swadlincote.

Ask for Wayne.

:astonished: ring them now thanx 4 that

…and :question: :question: :question:

Did you get any joy with the job - I went for an interview with Wayne and got offered a job but Im unsure wheter to take it.

I had never heard of the company until I read this posting and to be honest I’d rather earn a little less and have a bit of pride in myself. What do you think?

Anyone worked for or with this company can you let me know your honest opinions.

The hours were VERY long - 2 wks away 1 weekend back but I had to admit the money was good.

I have a Class 2 but have no experience and I am left wondering wheteher this is the only way to get any experience at the moment.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I did not understand your reply…

…and■■?

hi, , wayne is sending out an application pack to me, also he did not tell me about the wages yet , so can you tell me what he said to you? can I ask how did you manage to get an interview so quick :confused:

HGVDriver:
I did not understand your reply…

…and■■?

I was enquiring as to the outcome of your 'phone call.

The money works out at £80-100 per day. I think I got the interview quickly because I live just down the road from the office.

KJW how many hours a day are they expecting for that? or miles a day?

(bearing in mind that anything over 10 isn’t legal)

The vans are double manned. They didnt state a mileage but when I said the hours in my earlier post - 2 wks away 1 weekend back it was literally 2 weeks on the road. As in load in UK, tip in Europe, so on so forth for 2 weeks.

The more I discuss this the less I like the idea of this job, its too vague. Im quite glad, I’ve got an interview at Stan Robinsons (Class 2). lot less money but more time with the missus (must be mad!!) and at least I know they appear a decent company. Any advice? :confused:

…but a much less fraught job i would guess. Better to be healthy & happy but broke, than loaded & miserable.

Stan Robinsons, isn’t that the co. that wins Truckfest awards for keeping their motors in tidy order?

Yeah thats the one! Ive only just passed my Class 2 and when Ive spoken to them on the phone they seem really supportive of new starts. I think I’m answering my own argument here arent I. lol :smiley:

d

:slight_smile: kjw21,
I can confirm that Stan Robinsons are a good firm to work for. :wink:
You get your ‘own’ vehicle, could be any one of about 4 different makes, which Stan allows you to ‘bling’ up a bit, as long as it’s not too far over the top !
Could well be a sleeper cab, for occasional nights away but also handy for an hours nap as you wait your turn in a queue to unload a single bleedin’ pallet ! :laughing:
Stan himself is a very nice bloke, very approachable. The industry could do with many more bosses with Mr. Robinson’s attitude towards his staff.

Good Luck with the interview,

:sunglasses:

yorkie*queen:
Be like the 3 wise monkeys… most importantly say nothing!

or the proverbial yorkshireman: see all, hear all, say nowt (so where is rob k. really from then?) and eat all, sup all and pay nowt! :laughing: edited for spelling