Mobile Crane Operator

Anyone on here gone the Mobile Crane Operator route from HGV’s recently? If so how’s it going so far?

I"m finding driving a bit boring of late, I fancy a bit of 500T+ heavy lifting and those 9-axle Liebherr’s look the dogs bo.lox

Got a crane job at Ainscough now, woohoo!

Well done! Excellent.
Did you put yourself through any training, like cpcs card? Or are they going to train you?

stu675:
Well done! Excellent.
Did you put yourself through any training, like cpcs card? Or are they going to train you?

Cheers mate!

I’ve only done a general online health & safety theory test and a ‘safety critical medical’ at my own cost. They’ll be sending me to Leeds soon for what I suspect is basically the CPCS Mobile Crane A60 course over 2 weeks to get my Red card, trained by Ainscough themselves, hotel provided too. Saves me splashing out £3k out my own pocket!

Then I’ll be back at base to be shadowed by an experienced crane operator at various jobs for about 4-5 months until I get my Blue card after passing an NVQ; where I should then be confident to go out to small jobs on my own in a 40 tonne mobile crane.

What about yourself, you found another job yet?

That sounds great. So will you get to operate a crane in the future or just drive it?

Yup I’m working my notice now, and will be doing days only from a couple of weeks time. [emoji2]

I’ll definitely be operating the cranes too.

Congrats on the new job!

Sent from my SM-A135F using Tapatalk