Mobile Crane Jobs

Has anyone on here ever done their CPCS A60 mobile crane licence?

I’ve been thinking about doing it for a while and during my little trip to Copenhagen got to drive a 60-ton Liebherr version mounted on a P-Series Scania 8x4 chassis for a day with the company owner which gave me a taste for it. I was offered a job on a 150 t/m hiab but turned it down because the tax rate in Denmark is circa. 50% and whichever way I looked at it the figures just didn’t compute given the cost of living over there which is a bit of a shame because I liked the place.

I’ve found a training course in Birmingham that claims after I have passed the initial course and get a Red (Trained Operator) Card, I could then go back and do another assessment to get a Blue (Competent Operator) card if I should be struggling to get any work as the Red card is only valid for 2 years.

I’d be lying if I said I haven’t had a gut-full of driving, I’m ready for something a bit different but at the end of the day most of my previous jobs have involved driving or some form of operating/maintaining machinery.

If anyone is in the know I was wondering how working at some of the smaller local firms (Preferably in the East Midlands/Anglia) might compare to going to one of the “Big Boys” like Ainscough or Baldwins etc?

Thanks.

“unlimited overtime” - “unlimited hours” - no breaks
good money for ridicilous hours and no break policy

Good money? I’d say great money, never home to spend it. Bloke who bought my house was early 30s and bought my house for cash. He’s never home though and might be away for 6 weeks but not bad when you’re earning 80k.

Appologies for bringing this up again / adding something so late… but be prepared for very dirty industry as well when you go in there…

Just one example:
Fake records:
cranestodaymagazine.com/news … -baldwins/
Mansloughter:
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la … e-35158578

And this is only small part that is known to public, the ones who work there knows much, much more…

kyk:
“unlimited overtime” - “unlimited hours” - no breaks
good money for ridicilous hours and no break policy

Everytime I’ve seen a crane in in lifting mode or whatever you call it, the operator/driver is sat with his feet up reading a paper! Long hours like that I could handle.