Mobile calls uk to abroad

can any one help which is the best pay as you go phone company to use .my missus who will be in the uk and is call me wen i abroad at the moment we are on 02 and it costin a fortune any help appreciated

Get a OneRoam dialaround.co.uk/index2.php and this will cost 9p a minute to make the call and nothing to receive it.

I am on Orange … now as I understand it, by looking at my bills, when I ring abroad on my phone, it is classed as a normal call. It is the person RECEIVING abroad that pays an arm and a leg. I have my personal phone turned off when abroad or just do not answer it. I only answer the company one when abroad.
What I did do a couple of years ago … I was running to Portugal every week. I had a Portuguese PAYG SIM card (on Vodafone) and used to insert that into the phone accordingly as it did keep the costs of the firms phone down when the missus rang me off the house phone and it was dirt cheap to receive calls. If she rang me, we might talk for 10 minutes and it would cost me about 50p.

TheBear:
I am on Orange … now as I understand it, by looking at my bills, when I ring abroad on my phone, it is classed as a normal call. It is the person RECEIVING abroad that pays an arm and a leg.

Yes, that’s why you need a roaming SIM, you don’t pay to receive the call.

When I used the OneRoam SIM, the cost to the caller was 24p per minute, but when I back-checked the phone number of the SIM, it turned out to be a number registered to a landline in Estonia :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: . So then we started using the DialAround access number for Estonian landlines and this brought the cost down to 9p per minute from a BT landline, and nothing to receive the call. (in fact it was even less than this as we had it as a “Friends and Family” number).

Consider if its worth going on contract with O2,then you get a ‘Bolt on’ for £10/month then you dont pay a penny for incoming calls abroad.

Vodafone payg if you go on voda passport it will cost you 75p to recive a call for a hour and cost your wife her normal rate at home…

I have vodafone passport & it is very good,one charge of 75p for up to an hour for outgoing & incoming calls.

If you an your wife have an iphone you can download an app called viber, this is just like skype you make a call using broadband. No idea what the coverage is like in europe but in the uk my friends and family use this all the time with all calls being free! Don’t know if this is any use to you!

02 with my europe bolt on (£10) a month you can recive as many calls from the uk as you wish with no charge :smiley:

Will:
I have vodafone passport & it is very good,one charge of 75p for up to an hour for outgoing & incoming calls.

that is great until you call someone with an answer phone, 75 pence to say nothing, or if you call someone just for a minute or so, expensive, I had a contract with o2 that gave me 500 minutes of free calls in Europe, but you cant get the contract any more :cry: one rate 300 was the name of it

jimti:

Will:

that is great until you call someone with an answer phone, 75 pence to say nothing, or if you call someone just for a minute or so, expensive, I had a contract with o2 that gave me 500 minutes of free calls in Europe, but you cant get the contract any more :cry: one rate 300 was the name of it

That is the trouble with a lot of the good contracts, Jimti!! You find a good one and then they stop it because they find it is costing them too much money.
Over 10 years ago, Vodafone made a major booboo with me. My contratc was 5p a minute anywhere. Now we all know this normally means in the UK only. Nope, mine was all over the world!! I called my sister from europe and could be on the phone for an hour and it would cost me round about £3!!
I had that contract for over 4 years when suddenly I got a phone bill for over £800 and the following month for over £900 (I never used to look at them when they first come in as the amount taken out of my acount each month was minimal). When I phoned Vodafone, they informed me my contract had been cancelled lolol. Fortunately, my bank hadn’t paid the D/Debits due to the extremely high amounts so I was able to argue the case with Vodafone and eventually got them to agree to a bill of £500. I paid that happily. The contract I am on now is no more too. 3000 minutes cross network to mobiles, free calls to all landlines and 500 texts a month for £45.

get a 3 skype phone for missus and something like it
from whatever you do the most work in
and then just skype each other

hitch:
get a 3 skype phone for missus and something like it
from whatever you do the most work in
and then just skype each other

That is ok if you mainly go to just one country or can get free wifi but the cost of data roaming is higher than international mobile calls.

o2 pay ang go 10pound bolt on called my europe free incoming when in europe.

jones20002uk:
o2 pay ang go 10pound bolt on called my europe free incoming when in europe.

and only 25 pence per minute to call home, if you are on a contract they will give you the bolt on for £5 if you argue enough