Mobile broadband

Hi all, can anybody tell me if they use mobile broadband in their trucks whilst away from home? I have tried tethering my ipad with the iPhone but it is slow and I don’t get good 3G coverage with Vodafone! I do believe there is a device called MIFI that you can connect your phones and tablets to, does anybody use this if so what’s the best network for coverage and reliability?

I work with a bloke who has that, all i know is that he says it is brilliant, he can get internet anywhere and he pays £15 a month for it, i have no idea what network he is on or anything else. Sorry i cant be any more help.

Is it this?
phone-shop.tesco.com/mobile-broa … -mifi.aspx

Someone mentioned that EE is good, does anybody else use this network & is it value for money?

Im on 3, cant fault it £15 month unlimited internet which i use to tether to my ipad, plus loads of talk time minutes aswell, much much much better deal than the one i was offered to stay with orange ! Also cant fault the signal either, no worse or better than orange

i am on 3 and also use the mifi unit, good bit of kit,easy to use and set up. can take it anywhere that you need internet access.
have used it in car for grandsons i pad whilst we are on the move.
get one and make life easier, in my cab the phone, the tablet and laptop all connect straight away no hassle. :smiley:

I used to have a 3 my-fi, was happy with it, but now I have upgraded my 3 mobile contract to unlimited internet (including tethering), txts and 2000 mins… Including the phone (sony experia m) I pay £27 per mouth. Tethering can cane the battery, but no probs if you plug it into cigi lighter.

Going over your data plan on any other network can cost a bomb, so its worth paying that little extra for piece of mind, especially if your a youtube and tv on demand addict like myself.

Just as an update for those on or thinking of changing to 3 for the unlimited tethering…enquire before taking the plunge as they have changed their tariffs and I think that the unlimited tethering (except maybe a sim only ‘One Plan’) is now limited to 2gb/month