MOBILE BROADBAND

I am thinking of going down this route when I am on the road has any one got any ideas please :confused: :confused: :confused:

Whoever your phone provider is now, they will probably do a internet package. Usually about £7.50 per month, then hook your laptop up to your phone and you’re online !

i recently got t mobile notebook with internet package for £25 per month. I don’t think it’s suitable for heavy downloading but i can do that at weekend on home network.

I have the 3 mobile broadband. Pay as you go. £10 gets you 1GB and lasts for 30 days. £15 gets you 3GB £25 gets you 7GB.

I’ve never needed more than a £10 top up. You just top it up when you need it - same way as a phone top-up. Never had signal problems anywhere in GB.

The modem was about 45 quid. Well recommended in my book.

threestore.three.co.uk/broadband/

]

I have the 3 mobile broadband. Pay as you go. £10 gets you 1GB and lasts for 30 days. £15 gets you 3GB £25 gets you 7GB.

I’ve never needed more than a £10 top up. You just top it up when you need it - same way as a phone top-up. Never had signal problems anywhere in GB.

[/quote]
Ditto…

I use the 3 skypephone s2, it acts as a broadband dongle, and a mobile/skypephone (set skype up at home and talk to your loved ones for free anytime :wink: ) and only costs £70 pay as you go (£50 each when I bought 2 at christmas…) Good bit of kit :slight_smile:

i have a 3 dongle on contract, think its 15 a month. performance depends on where you are and how many people are using the phone mast your near - the voice calls get priority and you get a share of whats left. Normally (but not always) it works if you have a mobile phone signal. Where i live i can only get GPRS which is worse than dial up internet. If your somewhere more built up for surfing its as good as broadband but not as good for downloading.

the only problem i have with my mobile broadband is having enough saliva to lick the giant suction pad for my satalite dish so it will stick to the roof of the cab. It takes me about 20 minutes to lick the suction pad every night and afterwards my tounge feels like sand paper, usually get some other truckers parked up to lick one half of suction pad and i do the other and it only then takes 10 mins each - their must be an easier way :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

You could always try getting yourself parked up near a McD’s.

I had them as POI’s in Tomtom, and used to get good, free WiFi. Admittedly, I drive rigids when I’m in work, but you can get close to many of them.

My usual was either Ashby De La Zouch or the Measham McD on the A42. Loads of places to free wifi now too, so have both and if the free wifi doesnt work, use the dongle.

:laughing: By the way, there is a certain taxi comapny in Cardiff with a totally unrestricted wireless network. Great speeds, :wink: AND its on an industrial estate. :sunglasses:

Darby Flyer:
You could always try getting yourself parked up near a McD’s.

I had them as POI’s in Tomtom, and used to get good, free WiFi. Admittedly, I drive rigids when I’m in work, but you can get close to many of them.

My usual was either Ashby De La Zouch or the Measham McD on the A42. Loads of places to free wifi now too, so have both and if the free wifi doesnt work, use the dongle.

:laughing: By the way, there is a certain taxi comapny in Cardiff with a totally unrestricted wireless network. Great speeds, :wink: AND its on an industrial estate. :sunglasses:

mcd’s have good range on their wifi if you want to sit in your cab and use it, not sure how far away it works but if you can park fairly close to the car park you should be able to pick it up, i do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i got an o2 dongle for £30 and paid £20 for a month/3Gb. it seems to work fine everywhere except at home :unamused:
i am going to switch to tmobile though to get 3G at my own house and keep o2 as a backup for out on the road in case tmob signal is pants

i use a 3 dongle for everything at present (not sorted computer room at home so no cable yet)
there ok
if your on nights out its cheaper than the pub
but not as socialable

just choose something that suits your pocket
i got 3 cos my phone is 3 and on half price 18 month contract which is £8pm

Thanks for all your help :smiley: The Mc D option seems best at the moment will try that first :smiling_imp: AGAIN MANY THANKS :smiley:

i have mine from Orange

free dongle
£15 per month
3Gb downloads

coverage is very good, there are a few places i go where there is no coverage though :cry:

pecjam23:
the only problem i have with my mobile broadband is having enough saliva to lick the giant suction pad for my satalite dish so it will stick to the roof of the cab. It takes me about 20 minutes to lick the suction pad every night and afterwards my tounge feels like sand paper, usually get some other truckers parked up to lick one half of suction pad and i do the other and it only then takes 10 mins each - their must be an easier way :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Have you tried peeing on it?

Deepinvet:
]

Ditto…

What these 2 said…

Mobile broadband dongle on 3 for free you just have to pay £4-95 postage.

Tmobile does for me and im that happy with it Ive cancelled BT at home, and use my dongle all the time now

bubsy06:
Mobile broadband dongle on 3 for free you just have to pay £4-95 postage.
http://www.3dongle4free.co.uk/

been to 3 outlet store and the assistant didn’t give that dongle a great write up.he said thats an older type and to go for the new one which is way ahead of what you would need for quite a while. the dongle he was talking about was i think £29.99 and they were doing it at the outlet store for £21 and then you topped up like a phone although what you dont use by the end of the month you lose.minimum top up was a tenner.