Mobile Broadband

Im well aware alot of you use laptops in your trucks when you are away. Im curious what mobile broadband do you use? i use t-mobile and its been a nightmare, cant really get a reception

I’ve got a 3 mobile thingy, its ■■■■■ :exclamation:

I’m on the t mobile thingy and it works ok most times, sometimes its a little slow in out of the way places but I ve not been disappointed with it so far

i find my three dongle works most places

I’m on 3 mobile and it works most places that a mobile phone would.

Go to speedtest.net to get a good idea of how fast your mobile internet is working.

My mate has the O2 mobile Broadband Pay as you go something or other and when it’s on the 3G SuperDuper high speed link doodah it’s running at about 400 Kb/sec download about 200 Kb/sec upload. He seems to be fairly happy with it and I’m just about to order it myself.

Anyone had bad issues with O2? I think it’s only £30 for the dongle then £15 a month for 3Gb download limit. Good thing is, if you don’t use it all that often you can purchase a week, two weeks or a month at a time rather than having to take a whole month at a time.

P.S, if you’re in a rubbish or non 3G signal area then it’s as slow as a week in the jail :frowning:

Steve :grimacing:

I USE MY NOKIA N95 AS A MODEM THROUGH VODAFONE,HAD NO PROBS WITH IT COSTS A FIVER ON TOP OF MY BILL FOR UNLIMITED USEAGE,BUT AS SAID BEFORE YOU HAVE GOT TO BE IN A GOOD 3G AREA,TO GET THE BEST OUT OF IT, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m using T-mobile. Have only had it a few days and it’s been troublesome so far. After speaking to them today they were quick to knock a fiver off the bill without me asking which doesn’t bode well in my book. If they don’t sharpen up I’ll bin it.

i got Vodafone pay 7.50 a month and get 90 hours usuage a month which isn’t bad :smiley:
It’s ok round here but i broke the doggle before christmas and not got a new one yet so im just using the wireless in the house as i dont need the dogle as i dont drive yet :smiley: :smiley:

saucyboar5:
I USE MY NOKIA N95 AS A MODEM THROUGH VODAFONE,HAD NO PROBS WITH IT COSTS A FIVER ON TOP OF MY BILL FOR UNLIMITED USEAGE,BUT AS SAID BEFORE YOU HAVE GOT TO BE IN A GOOD 3G AREA,TO GET THE BEST OUT OF IT, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hi mate, just double check your unlimited usage isn’t actually 500mb, mines is something like that on vodafone. that would prob be ok for me as i only do 1 - 6 nights out a month. but you might go over if you’re out all the time, if you go over you get stung big time.

i’m on 3, works 99% of the time for me, £15 for 3 gb. but i’ll ditch it as soon as my contract is up and use my phone as i’m not out all week like i used to be, but i’d definately recomend it, althought the vodafone one is suppossed to be the fastest and i guess will have better coverage.

stevie

I’m on 3 and it works all the time it costs £10 every 30 days 1gb never used it all although i’m on it every night…

I use T-mobile,£15 for 3gb.Not had any problems with it.Can be a bit slow in certain areas.

Hi, would recommend vodaphone mobile broadband, i’ve been using it for about 2 years now, still using an original mobile connect data card which goes in the PC card slot of my laptop.
Have’nt had any problems, except where reception is poor, then things slow down quite abit, otherwise its been a very usefull business tool.

I use a 3 dongle works a treat almost anywhere… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Im on Vodaphone , I got a new Dell Mini and 3 gb a month for £30 a month. The laptop is great because I didnt want a great big laptop in the cab !!! , I use it every day and it still not gone over the 3Gig limit .

I got a T-Mobile from Carphone warehouse in Bristol Oct/Nov time, when in UK, i had a signal everytime i used it (everyday, as was on tour in UK) some places were a bit slow, but still got on-line. I pay £20 month for unlimited internet (as the girl in the shop said, as long as i dont take the urine) and got a free laptop as well. Im happy with it, just wish it wasnt a weeks wages to use it when abroad, so as im away for 2 months in Europe, it isnt going to get used.

kindle530:
I got a T-Mobile from Carphone warehouse in Bristol Oct/Nov time, when in UK, i had a signal everytime i used it (everyday, as was on tour in UK) some places were a bit slow, but still got on-line. I pay £20 month for unlimited internet (as the girl in the shop said, as long as i dont take the urine) and got a free laptop as well. Im happy with it, just wish it wasnt a weeks wages to use it when abroad, so as im away for 2 months in Europe, it isnt going to get used.

Have you asked about paying a bolt on to see if you can still use it abroad Kindle ■■ they might do it for you cause the’ll be gettin a few extra quid out of you :question: :question: :question:

I’m just about to renew my phone contract, and thy have offered me as part of my package, free broadband on my phone.

My question is, how do I connect my phone to my laptop to get the picture to appear on there?

Ken.

I just finished another month with Vodaphone and still I havent used up my 3 gig allowance…

im on the 3 network and it seems to work ok,bit slow sometimes but gets there in the end, £10 per month and i use it mon to fri and grandson has it fri night to sunday. not been near my allowance either so im :smiley: :smiley: