Mobile Broadband

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am going back tramping again next week. Have got all the gubbins to power laptop in cab but any advice on how to get on line?

A mate of mine walked into a ‘3’ telecoms shop the other week and walked out with a dongle that’ll plug into your laptop, install it’s own software and will give you exceptional download speeds.

I think he said it costs £10 a month for a !GB capacity download and the price goes up for more download capacity.

He does nights out and he loves it. Although he did say that in foggy conditions the signal isn’t good.

Limestone Cowboy:
A mate of mine walked into a ‘3’ telecoms shop the other week and walked out with a dongle that’ll plug into your laptop, install it’s own software and will give you exceptional download speeds.

I think he said it costs £10 a month for a !GB capacity download and the price goes up for more download capacity.

He does nights out and he loves it. Although he did say that in foggy conditions the signal isn’t good.

I’ve got that, paid 15 quid a month for 3gig, it’s great, if I recommend you, I think we both get 30 quid credit. Have a look, if you fancy it pm me, it runs about the same speed as 1/2 a meg broadband.
:laughing:

Here’s one I prepared earlier, I use a 3 modem, absolutely the dogs ******

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28968

Im on 3 network,really good only got the 1gb allowance £10 a month ,but thats plenty for me as I do all my downloading when im at home.

same as above sat on layby on a55 typing this now, its great for when your away… :smiley:

on a “3” usb modem now in kings lynn £15 p/m 3gb which is plenty. wouldnt be without it now. :grimacing:

3G usb modem… had mine 4 months 3gb for £15 a month, never gone over the limited and we use it as our main way of getting on the internet at our place in the UK when we are here, seems the cheapest way to go, great for being mobile I reckon.

can this be used abroad

just had a bit of this myself, 3gb £15 quid for 24 months and a free modem chucked in. only do a couple of nights out a max a week so should keep me busy. :smiley:

so whats the best way to power a lappie in a truck ,on battery mine doesnt last long over the hour mark its a hp compaq nx6325 :question:

jon

go in any computer shop and buy a 12 volt adapter for cigarette lighter.mine cost about £30 but im sure they will be cheaper now and you might be able to get a 24 volt one now i couldnt two years ago.

jonboy:
so whats the best way to power a lappie in a truck ,on battery mine doesnt last long over the hour mark its a hp compaq nx6325 :question:

http://www.laptop-chargers.co.uk/

Paul

Cheapest way to power a laptop is www.maplins.co.uk buy a 150 watt power invertor £14.99 and use your regular power supply.

ebay do some good 24v invertors i paid 25 pound for a 300w

T - Mobiles Web n Walk tariffs work fine too. Use abroad is subject to expensive roaming charges but it does work too.