Mobile broadband recomendations sought

Hi All
Cancelled my mobby B with Vodaphone, been with them 2 1/2 yrs, they were charging me 39.99 inc vat per month but last month suddenly shot up to 129.99, they say I exceeded my limit over the five GB, so every time I used it after the limit they charged a further full GB even if only on five mins. Must admit coverage was good all over country even up to the highlands of Scotland & down the valleys of Wales.
So guys & gals what do you all recomend, costs & coverage etc
Many thanks in advance

Have a look at giffgaff.com/

44 Tonne Ton:

cheers 44 tt but from what I can make out these only do phone sim cards on O2 & I am after mobby broadband, or am i missing summat?

5 gig over :open_mouth: :open_mouth: thats a biggie what was you downloading??

why dont you do as i do and wait for decent wifi i.e a freebie and then get your downloads off that instead of whacking up a huge bill like that

I’m with 3 and i pay £30 for 15gb allowance with a free lappy well a so called free lappy :stuck_out_tongue:.
It is very rare that i can’t get signal, and i never exceed the 15gb allowance, even after downloading things.
I also do what THETAFF suggested and go online using free wifi spots. If your a BTBROADBAND customer you can use the BTOPENZONE and BTFON wirless hotspots free of charge. The coverage isn’t great for them but more are popping up all over the place.

green456:

44 Tonne Ton:

cheers 44 tt but from what I can make out these only do phone sim cards on O2 & I am after mobby broadband, or am i missing summat?

Probably not. I’m a tech ■■■ when it comes to computers!

3 are doing a toy called mifi. Brother in Law’s just got it and loves it. Basically mobile wifi and being 2 it’s cheap.

I use 3 too and as has said above its very rare I cant get a signal. I normally dont down load stuff though (do that via my x’s broadband :smiley: ) just use it for browsing so pay £15 for 3 gig of data usage for a month which is more than enough for me and I use it prob 2/3 hour day.

The dongle cost me £25 about 12 month ago (pay as you go) but if you sign up to a contract guess they would throw it in with the deal. Overall I’ve been very happy with 3 G.

Cheers

If you join BT you get BT Mobile unlimited.Whats the Name of it? don’t remember at Moment,but you can log in wherever a BT Signal with your Username and Password
Take the 40GB and you also get free McAfee
Will cost you around £17.-/month for 18 Month
if you take the Pack with BT vision you get them for £17.- on 24 month contract

been with 3 last two years,get a decent signal most places,15gb for £15/month so can’t complain,think the other networks way overpriced?

renaultman:
3 are doing a toy called mifi. Brother in Law’s just got it and loves it. Basically mobile wifi and being 2 it’s cheap.

A friend of mine has this little gadget and I’ve been considering it for a couple of weeks now!

For those who don’t know, it’s a little device from 3 that creates a wifi hotspot around you…good thing about it is you can turn it on and then shove it in a cubbyhole or your bag and you don’t have one of those annoying dongles sticking out the side of your lappy!

Not sure what data network it uses as I’ve forgotten the name, but it’s the next one up from 3G, so it’s very fast. If you’re really clever, since 5 devices can connect to it at any one time, you could charge other truckers a few quid a night to leech off of your wifi at truckstops and make some cash on the side :wink:

Thetaff:
5 gig over :open_mouth: :open_mouth: thats a biggie what was you downloading??

why dont you do as i do and wait for decent wifi i.e a freebie and then get your downloads off that instead of whacking up a huge bill like that

Nah, wasnt 5 gig over, had used up my monthly 5 gig, so every time i logged on t’internet to check on you guys on here, they charged me a minimum of 1 gig even for 5 mins use :imp:
Only used it evenings & reed boardall wont pay any parking and theres not many laybyes offering free wifi :imp:

Due to my job in some of the most inexcessable places in NW Scotland I have to use various dongles. Out of the three UK ones I have I find 3 is the best all round followed by vodaphone then O2. For southern Ireland I strongly recommend Meteor.

lynchy:
been with 3 last two years,get a decent signal most places,15gb for £15/month so can’t complain,think the other networks way overpriced?

ditto

If you have a Tom Tom get the wifi poi it’s pretty useful

Also if you get a secure network try typing in admin1 or just admin,worked a couple of times for me :smiley:

Or park next to a miccy d’s but you won’t be able to watch any ■■■■ :smiley: spoilsports!!

I’ve got a pay as you go stick on 3 and its spot on!

I use a vodaphone dongle for the lappy first 6 months at £10 then upto £15 a month and I have a £15 a month with 3,for the 3G on my I-pad :wink:

i have a 3 dongle £17.50 from tesco pay as you go £10 a month, it will last the month, signel always good, im on it now, i watch youtube with it and facebook games no bother, i can’t fault it…

Adam_Mc:

renaultman:

A friend of mine has this little gadget and I’ve been considering it for a couple of weeks now!

For those who don’t know, it’s a little device from 3 that creates a wifi hotspot around you…good thing about it is you can turn it on and then shove it in a cubbyhole or your bag and you don’t have one of those annoying dongles sticking out the side of your lappy!

Not sure what data network it uses as I’ve forgotten the name, but it’s the next one up from 3G, so it’s very fast. If you’re really clever, since 5 devices can connect to it at any one time, you could charge other truckers a few quid a night to leech off of your wifi at truckstops and make some cash on the side :wink:

That’s the MiFi thing Mobile Broadband – MiFi Internet Dongles & Data SIMs | Three

Yeah i got a MiFi from “3” brilliant thing got it free with a 24 month contract 15 GIG download £16 a month could not recomend it enough, and high speed, bit slow at the farm cafe at holbeach though !!!