Mo Robinson Scania

robroy:

switchlogic:
Jesus Christ, the fact you even call it ‘punishing’ the truck is beyond ridiculous. It’s not a ‘conscience trip’ it’s an act of respect, nothing more nothing less. I’m frankly amazed at stuff being said on this ridiculous thread.

It was a metaphorical term as you well know Luke to try and illustrate the ridiculousness of your need to see it gone.
I still see it as sentimentality rather than any perceived respect.

It not a need, it’s an opinion, on a forum, those places where people express them, and it’s about respect. And it’s showing up some people Im surprised at clearly having no respect for anyone. If you think an opinion about showing respect is ridiculous that says a lot more about you than me. Have a good evening.

switchlogic:

robroy:

switchlogic:
Jesus Christ, the fact you even call it ‘punishing’ the truck is beyond ridiculous. It’s not a ‘conscience trip’ it’s an act of respect, nothing more nothing less. I’m frankly amazed at stuff being said on this ridiculous thread.

It was a metaphorical term as you well know Luke to try and illustrate the ridiculousness of your need to see it gone.
I still see it as sentimentality rather than any perceived respect.

It not a need, it’s an opinion, on a forum, those places where people express them, and it’s about respect. And it’s showing up some people Im surprised at clearly having no respect for anyone. If you think an opinion about showing respect is ridiculous that says a lot more about you than me. Have a good evening.

Yep same here,.I have also expressed MY opinion also.on a forum, (the concept of which I fully understand thanks.btw)
If you think MY opinion on this makes me a bad person, I can not help that, but I’ll accept it and respect it as YOUR opinion.
Cheers…have a good evening yourself also.

I’ll be fine. Just sad when members you previously respected make clear it was mistaken respect. Nos da.

Oh ffs Luke, c’mon I thought you were better than that…petulance because somebody disagrees and does not share your opinions…?..
As I said,.I respect your opinion however contrary to mine it is on this subject.
Goeden Nacht. :smiley:

robroy:
Oh ffs Luke, c’mon I thought you were better than that…petulance because somebody disagrees and does not share your opinions…?..
As I said,.I respect your opinion however contrary to mine it is on this subject.
Goeden Nacht. :smiley:

Petulance? Nothing of sort, you just made me realise you’re not the person I thought you were with your comments on this thread. Very simple concept. Everyone’s opinions of everyone else changes with times, some better, some worse, life is a learning process. I’ve just expressed what I think of those opinions, you’re the one getting all worked up by it not me.

Worked up? :neutral_face:
Ok,.as I’ve said a couple of times, if those are your opinion on my take on this, and on my character, then you are fully entitled to them …however misguided they may or may not be.

To add to the comparison. I would not have wanted to own, drive, or repair those intact vehicles that were salvaged from the Herald Of Free Enterprise in Zeebrugge Harbour. Whether that is as a mark of respect or the thought of buying trouble.

The salvage of the car carrier WW Tricolor was an amazing feat of engineering when they cut the ship into slices with a cheese wire, however it was only salvaged as scrap metal.

We live in a country with a lot of history, castles where unspeakable methods of mass torture and murder went on, normal houses that were the location of horrible murders, in fact I live about 5 miles from a house where there was a murder that made the national news in the 70s
Should all these buildings be demolished as a ‘‘display of respect’’ to the innocent victims?

In this world ■■■■ and bad things happen,.that’s life, mourn, grieve and show respect then move on afterwards.

robroy:
We live in a country with a lot of history, castles where unspeakable methods of mass torture and murder went on, normal houses that were the location of horrible murders, in fact I live about 5 miles from a house where there was a murder that made the national news in the 70s
Should all these buildings be demolished as a ‘‘display of respect’’ to the innocent victims?

In this world [zb] and bad things happen,.that’s life, mourn, grieve and show respect then move on afterwards.

See my earlier post. You are arguing with idiot(s) who are fully paid up members of the ‘cancel culture’. There is no reasoning with them. They’ll tell you they “respect your opinion” but the reality is that they don’t at all if it doesn’t align 100% with their own. It’s all virtue-signalling bull[zb], being perpetually offended by everything no matter how innocuous it may be. Anything they don’t like has to be banned or cancelled. There is no middle ground or compromise.

I personally find it amusing how said people pretend to care so much about all these tragedies and wrongdoing, yet the same people are proud to fully support senile paedophiles, as evidenced on their various social media platforms. Like I say, it’s all virtue-signalling bs.

I agree with Robroy and Harry. Neither the trailer or the prime mover should be scrapped. Clean,paint and sell on. When I was on the buses in Brisbane we had a bloke by the name of Harold McSweeny, escape from the court and get on a bus threatening to shoot the driver. A cop shot McSweeney in the head, spattering half his brain over the driver.
upi.com/Archives/1992/06/12 … 708321600/
Some silly superstitious sods at Light St depot wouldn’t drive it so it was sent to us at Carina. We found out afterwards the real reason why we got it… it was a dog with three legs!
I’ve driven it myself plenty of times and it never bothered me, maybe because I’m not a snowflake. Harden up fellers.

Ah good old Trucknet, as daft as it ever was. Where showing concern and empathy for 39 men women and children who died trapped in the dark suffocating to death in the most horrific of circumstances makes you a ‘snowflake’ but showing concern and somehow empathising with a V8 Scania makes you a-ok and one of the tough men. You really couldn’t make it up. Cant say I’ve ever had such deep feelings for vehicles I’ve driven or even owned let alone random ones in the news. You lads might want to talk to someone about that, seems a bit weird. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

switchlogic:
Ah good old Trucknet, as daft as it ever was. Where showing concern and empathy for 39 men women and children who died trapped in the dark suffocating to death in the most horrific of circumstances makes you a ‘snowflake’ but showing concern and somehow empathising with a V8 Scania makes you a-ok and one of the tough men. You really couldn’t make it up. Cant say I’ve ever had such deep feelings for vehicles I’ve driven or even owned let alone random ones in the news. You lads might want to talk to someone about that, seems a bit weird. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Go to Twitter, it has a block button to keep your feelings safe.

robroy:
Incidentally what did happen to the Enola Gay ■■
HMS Conqueror (that was the sub that sank the Belgrano wasn’t it?) ended it’s days at Portsmouth breakers yard, it’s periscope is in the Royal.Navy submarine museum at Gosport…I’ve looked through it. :smiley:

Ebola Gay
airandspace.si.edu/collection-o … 9500100000

switchlogic:
…snip…
who died trapped in the dark suffocating to death in the most horrific of circumstances
…snip…

You lads might want to talk to someone about that, seems a bit weird. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I don’t know. Burning to death, trapped in a tank, that must be horrific…

Incidentally, after burning out, tanks would be rinsed out and put back into service. God help us if we had to fight an enemy today.

The 39 died in the trailer, probably already dead by time by time The truck hitched up to it . They probably perished on the boat so surely scrap that too? And the turberg that pulled the trailer off the boat do that too . 39 people died trying to illegally enter a country organised by criminal traffickers and sadly it went wrong with disastrous consequences.
Sell the truck put the money towards what emergency services were used that day as would of thought the clean up operation would of been horrible. As far as the truck it just looks like any other v8 blinged up left ■■■■■■ scanny and no one would ever know , it’s probably being driven around Eastern bloc as we speak by a driver thinking he’s Billy big balls

switchlogic:

You’ve spent too long arguing the toss with Carryfast Luke, you appear to have picked up one of his traits, whereby you refuse to accept a contrary and opposing opinion and further explanation to a point you make, but instead keep coming back with the same points and opinions that have already been explained, clarified and refuted.
I do (as said) sympathise and empathise with the victims, despite the fact they went in there voluntarily knowing full well they were acting illegally and dealing with low life capable of anything…as was proven, but nevertheless less suffered horribly, I get that.

I have no ‘empathy’ with the truck :unamused: (that description is similar to my ‘‘punishing’’ a truck point that you yourself ridiculed btw) neither do I give a ■■■■ if it is some bad taste over the top blinged up Scania V8, if it had been my own Actros which I hate, I would still think it plainly futile, needless and ridiculous to scrap a piece of machinery in perfect working order for some misguided sentimental conscience reasons, even if you do perceive those reasons to be pertaining to some kind of ‘respect’ …that I do not.
As I said difference of opinion nothing more.

I ain’t trying to be …quote; “One of the tough guys” either, on the other hand neither do I think you are a ''snowfkake ‘’ for having a differing opinion to myself.
If you feel the need to reply to this, please do not go all Carryfast again not taking my points and clarification on board, and repeating your same points.
Cheers. :smiley:

largebloke1969:
This reminded me of that incident a few years back where that spar driver murdered his girlfriends child in the cab , think she was last seen alive on that filling station on the A605
Surely that motor was crushed ■■?

To this day, everytime i see a Blakemore lorry, the first thing which springs to my mind is that awful murder

Years ago i worked on the buses.We had a driver hang himself in the depot on one of the buses.The bus was scrapped straight away .Personally i think it should be scrapped…

WheelsofCardiff:
Years ago i worked on the buses.We had a driver hang himself in the depot on one of the buses.The bus was scrapped straight away .Personally i think it should be scrapped…

What if he’d done it in the depot…demolish the bus station?
Sorry but I really do not get this train of thought at all.

To take things to another level along the same lines…maybe they should flatten Auschwitz, out of respect then eh? …the ultimate horrors took place there.

robroy:

switchlogic:

You’ve spent too long arguing the toss with Carryfast Luke, you appear to have picked up one of his traits, whereby you refuse to accept a contrary and opposing opinion and further explanation to a point you make, but instead keep coming back with the same points and opinions that have already been explained, clarified and refuted.
I do (as said) sympathise and empathise with the victims, despite the fact they went in there voluntarily knowing full well they were acting illegally and dealing with low life capable of anything…as was proven, but nevertheless less suffered horribly, I get that.

I have no ‘empathy’ with the truck :unamused: (that description is similar to my ‘‘punishing’’ a truck point that you yourself ridiculed btw) neither do I give a [zb] if it is some bad taste over the top blinged up Scania V8, if it had been my own Actros which I hate, I would still think it plainly futile, needless and ridiculous to scrap a piece of machinery in perfect working order for some misguided sentimental conscience reasons, even if you do perceive those reasons to be pertaining to some kind of ‘respect’ …that I do not.
As I said difference of opinion nothing more.

I ain’t trying to be …quote; “One of the tough guys” either, on the other hand neither do I think you are a ''snowfkake ‘’ for having a differing opinion to myself.
If you feel the need to reply to this, please do not go all Carryfast again not taking my points and clarification on board, and repeating your same points.
Cheers. :smiley:

You dont associate that vehicle with the deaths of those people, so that doesnt affect you. OK.
Others do associate that vehicle with the deaths of those people, so that does affect them.
So, do we allow the vehicle to take to the roads again, thus upsetting people, or destroy it?
It`s not a very expensive bit of kit is it? Ten grand? Twenty?
Some upset people vs next to nothing.