Mo Robinson Scania

robroy:
I don’t get all the fuss.
I don’t particularly care what happens to it, but if it is to be destroyed is it not a bit ott?
It’s involvement and it.'s history would be irrelevant to me., nor would it be a reason for me to actually want it.
At the risk of sounding like 'A complete t…t or c… to Luke :smiley: ,.I would have no qualms about driving it either tbh.,.and unless I was either superstitious or easily upset., of which I am neither, (nor am I trying to be the big man either Luke) …why would I?

If it’s the macabre aspect of it with some, why?.. the dead bodies were not in the cab, but in the trailer, that had only been pulled no more than a mile by that unit, so what’s the problem.
Put different plates on it and paint it if anybody is getting windy about it…why scrap a perfectly good motor?
Just my opinion.

Yup, you do

robroy:
it…why scrap a perfectly good motor?
Just my opinion.

Our opinions of what makes perfectly good differ then. Because I don’t consider a truck that was instrumental in the unlawful deaths of 39 people ‘perfectly good’

Ok Luke you’re entitled to your opinion, it just boils down to the nature of individuals how they feel about it, if you’re going to call me a ■■■■ at least try and give a rational explanation to try and justify it…if it’s based on emotion superstition or conscience by proxy,.we’re never going to agree, I’m more of a realist.
Having some kind of ritualistic burning or something of this vehicle is a bit primitive imo, especially when all it did was pull a trailer.
If it had some murdering scum religious terrorist at the wheel that mowed down a party of school kids, I could maybe understand your point, it would put it in the same category as Fred West’s gaff, other than that I can not see a problem.

robthedog:

gkdsp:

robthedog:

drfence:
Just read an article regarding the Essex boys Range Rover is believed to be in the uk with a car collector

Which got me thinking,wonder what happened to the truck and trailer ? Does it get sold and put on the road.

Interesting question from someone with an equally interesting username

Mo’s family want it back, perhaps? sentimental reasons.?

Send it China, the chinks could have it as a shrine

Even though none of the victims were from China?

Which got me thinking,wonder what happened to the truck and trailer ? Does it get sold and put on the road.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I knew someone would pick up on that were they from Vietnam ? I can’t remember now anyway send it there

To my mind it would be wasteful to scrap it. Railway locomotives which are involved in fatal crashes are rebuilt and returned to service if it’s economically viable to do that. To crush a fully functioning tractor unit because of ghosts is a bit illogical to me.

Wheel Nut:

Franglais:

switchlogic:
When someone claimed it would get crushed online somewhere, Facebook I think, I was amazed at everyone up in arms that a perfectly serviceable truck was going to be crushed, like it’s a rare collectors item or something or it was one of only 3 trucks in the world, with some literally saying ‘it’s not fair, the truck didn’t do anything wrong’……… people literally said that. Followed by othrrs falling over each other to make themselves out to be the biggest c**** by saying ‘I’d drive it and wouldn’t give its past a second thought’. Yeah chap, that doesn’t make you sound the big man you think you are, it makes you sound like a t**t.

I don’t know what happened to it but it really does need destroying

Yep. Needs to go the same way as Fred West’s house. Just crush it.

Mick Philpotts house was flattened as well, dead kids tend to put people off moving in.

They built another house on the plot and someone else got killed in the house after getting into a fight on new years eve. Crazy

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

robroy:

simcor:

robroy:
I don’t get all the fuss.
I don’t particularly care what happens to it, but if it is to be destroyed is it not a bit ott?
It’s involvement and it.'s history would be irrelevant to me., nor would it be a reason for me to actually want it.
At the risk of sounding like 'A complete t…t or c… to Luke :smiley: ,.I would have no qualms about driving it either tbh.,.and unless I was either superstitious or easily upset., of which I am neither, (nor am I trying to be the big man either Luke) …why would I?

If it’s the macabre aspect of it with some, why?.. the dead bodies were not in the cab, but in the trailer, that had only been pulled no more than a mile by that unit, so what’s the problem.
Put different plates on it and paint it if anybody is getting windy about it…why scrap a perfectly good motor?
Just my opinion.

It’s weird but a driver died in a truck at a site, had a heart attack and wasn’t discovered until a few hours had passed. That truck was not taken off the road not scrapped and was cleaned and put back on the fleet.

No one particularly liked driving it tbh after that and with reasonable reason to be fair.

IMHO it should not have been out back on the road. But then again in the same vein people live in houses people have died in fairly often.

It just didn’t quite feel respectful to me to the deceased driver or his family.

But as you say with the unit it was used to pull the trailer that those people died in so the unit is fairly irrelevant to me.

However the trailer should certainly have been crushed IMHO but I doubt it was and imagine its back on the road sadly.

Maybe I’m the only insensitive one on here, I don’t know.
Rightly or wrongly if I still had my own business and that trailer was for sale very cheap because of it’s history,.I would not think twice about snapping it up and using it.
If that makes me sound like a …whatever :neutral_face: , then I make no apologies, it’s just the way I am.
On the other hand if I had a car that a loved one died in, I’d torch it myself.

Not insensitive at all rob. Perfectly normal I’d say. Can’t see the problem with giving both the trailer and unit a scrub out and putting them back on the road, but you have to remember that world is now been taken over by the sensitive SJW woke democrat asylum who need to be permanently offended by something or someone on other people’ behalf, hence all the constant virtue signalling, rainbow avatars and calling for everything to be banned which they personally don’t like. Once you realise that, the rest of the comments in this thread make perfect sense. :bulb:

robthedog:
I knew someone would pick up on that were they from Vietnam ? I can’t remember now anyway send it there

Hmm - thinks Vietnam is in China, can’t master the simple task of quoting comments. You’re not here for the hunting, are you?

Roymondo:

robthedog:

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Hmm - thinks Vietnam is in China, can’t master the simple task of quoting comments. You’re not here for the hunting, are you?
[/quote]
its all getting bitcy and nit picky as per usual

robroy:
Ok Luke you’re entitled to your opinion, it just boils down to the nature of individuals how they feel about it, if you’re going to call me a [zb] at least try and give a rational explanation to try and justify it…

Ok, how about this- it’s a truck, a lump of metal of which there are many, like most possessions it is ultimately meaningless. 39 lives are far from meaningless, except to many here it seems. That some are showing more care & compassion for a V8 Scania than they are 39 human lives is ridiculous. Utterly expected frankly but still ridiculous. It’s a truck, a limo of metal. They come. They go. There isn’t some drastic shortage of trucks and it’s hardly a rare work of art or some such so why on earth do you or anyone worry about it being scraped? For me it’s just an act of respect to those who died and the families left behind, who have been living through a horror many times worse than hopefully any of us will ever experience. It’s a truck. It doesn’t matter.

DCPCFML:
Not insensitive at all rob. Perfectly normal I’d say. Can’t see the problem with giving both the trailer and unit a scrub out and putting them back on the road, but you have to remember that world is now been taken over by the sensitive SJW woke democrat asylum who need to be permanently offended by something or someone on other people’ behalf, hence all the constant virtue signalling, rainbow avatars and calling for everything to be banned which they personally don’t like. Once you realise that, the rest of the comments in this thread make perfect sense. :bulb:

The snowflakes are the ones getting in a tizzy over a truck being scrapped.

What happened to The Enola Gay, or even HMS Conqueror?

the maoster:
What happened to The Enola Gay, or even HMS Conqueror?

^^^^^^^^ :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Don’t give them ideas Moaster. Given their success over having historical statues ripped down, it wouldn’t take the mobs much virtue-signalling crying on twitter to have the B-29 destroyed. :unamused:

I dont think that the trailer could be reused but the tractor unit should be sold on Proceeds of crime returned to the Treasury. Its an inanimate object at the end of the day.

Genuine question for Luke…
Say you were driving your car and someone stepped out in front of you, completely not your fault, nothing you could do, but that person died.

Would you then go and crush your car and loose all that money, or would you keep driving it?

109LWB:
Genuine question for Luke…
Say you were driving your car and someone stepped out in front of you, completely not your fault, nothing you could do, but that person died.

Would you then go and crush your car and loose all that money, or would you keep driving it?

Ah yes, because that’s exactly the same :smiley: If someone driving it rammed 39 people into the boot causing them to suffocate…….yes. As for ‘losing all that money’? We’re talking the government. To say it would be like you or me losing a penny is hardly comparable. In the grand scheme of things it would be like us losing a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a penny. Proceeds of the sale would probably pay for paper clips for the government for an hour. But It’s a pointless comparison anyhow as the people involved in it were at fault and the people who died in it had the most horrific deaths imagineable.

switchlogic:

robroy:
Ok Luke you’re entitled to your opinion, it just boils down to the nature of individuals how they feel about it, if you’re going to call me a [zb] at least try and give a rational explanation to try and justify it…

Ok, how about this- it’s a truck, a lump of metal of which there are many, like most possessions it is ultimately meaningless. 39 lives are far from meaningless, except to many here it seems. That some are showing more care & compassion for a V8 Scania than they are 39 human lives is ridiculous. Utterly expected frankly but still ridiculous. It’s a truck, a limo of metal. They come. They go. There isn’t some drastic shortage of trucks and it’s hardly a rare work of art or some such so why on earth do you or anyone worry about it being scraped? For me it’s just an act of respect to those who died and the families left behind, who have been living through a horror many times worse than hopefully any of us will ever experience. It’s a truck. It doesn’t matter.

You’re right it’s a lump of metal, the fact it’s a V8 Scania may be the problem to some, but not to me,.I feel exactly the same way about the trailer.
Scrapping a piece of machinery as some kind of conscience trip is going to achieve nothing nor right any wrongs.
Of course I sympathise with those who were tragically killed,but I simply do not see the point of ritualistically ‘‘punishing’’ if you like, an inanimate object, it just comes across a bit medieval.

Jesus Christ, the fact you even call it ‘punishing’ the truck is beyond ridiculous. It’s not a ‘conscience trip’ it’s an act of respect, nothing more nothing less. I’m frankly amazed at stuff being said on this ridiculous thread.

Incidentally what did happen to the Enola Gay ■■
HMS Conqueror (that was the sub that sank the Belgrano wasn’t it?) ended it’s days at Portsmouth breakers yard, it’s periscope is in the Royal.Navy submarine museum at Gosport…I’ve looked through it. :smiley:

switchlogic:
Jesus Christ, the fact you even call it ‘punishing’ the truck is beyond ridiculous. It’s not a ‘conscience trip’ it’s an act of respect, nothing more nothing less. I’m frankly amazed at stuff being said on this ridiculous thread.

It was a metaphorical term as you well know Luke to try and illustrate the ridiculousness of your need to see it gone.
I still see it as sentimentality rather than any perceived respect.