MMTM Argos is in serious trouble

Rob K:

NewLad:

Rob K:

theantbox:
Maybe a silly question, but what does MMTM stand for? Seen it a few times now…

MMTM stories usually involve one or more of the following :

1. Closely missing a certain Channel ferry.
  2. Being stuck in 30ft drifts at Shap in winter 62/3.
  3. Calling police to cone off your lorry when you run out of time tipping at RDCs.
  4. SAS.
  5. VOSA handing out fines for curtain buckle tassles not being tucked in/legs not being wound all the way to the top.

YMMV.

When I had my class 1 training my instructor even said it £30 a full turn, I questioned it with my trainer at work and he said they do fine you but he had hered it’s £10 I nearly wet myself both times. Surly you dont get find for a turn on the legs

I think you will find they were pulling your ■■■■■■■

The scary thing is though Rob, they probably weren’t pulling his ■■■■■■■ they probably genuinely believed it to be true!

I don’t know about the incremental fines for legs not being wound up, but my mate did get fined £15 for having three curtain buckles undone though: a fiver each. VOSA said he was lucky they weren’t all on the same side or they would have parked him up for 11 hours. :open_mouth:

Contraflow:
I don’t know about the incremental fines for legs not being wound up, but my mate did get fined £15 for having three curtain buckles undone though: a fiver each. VOSA said he was lucky they weren’t all on the same side or they would have parked him up for 11 hours. :open_mouth:

By the process of elimination I figure that two must’ve been on the same side. Did they “cut him a deal” and park him up for 9? :wink:

Contraflow:
but my mate did get fined £15 for having three curtain buckles undone though: a fiver each. VOSA said he was lucky they weren’t all on the same side or they would have parked him up for 11 hours. :open_mouth:

Elvis Presley works in our local chip shop as well.

If you or your mate cares to scan and post the receipt on here then I will bare my arse on the town hall steps for four hours on a cold winters day.

Argos have probaly been hit hard. With the benefits shake up chav scum would be able to buy elizabeth juke jewlery.

These redundancy’s started in 2009 13 drivers were made redundant from DHL Homebase Wellingborough . part of the Home Retail group ( Argos ).

Ben9:

Contraflow:
but my mate did get fined £15 for having three curtain buckles undone though: a fiver each. VOSA said he was lucky they weren’t all on the same side or they would have parked him up for 11 hours. :open_mouth:

If you or your mate cares to scan and post the receipt on here then I will bare my arse on the town hall steps for four hours on a cold winters day.

But which Town Hall?

David :wink: :wink:

Spookily, I’ve had a text today asking me if I’m available to work in Basildon for them on Sat 27th July? Very unusual to be asked so far in advance…

Being fined for not having the legs wound ALL the way up is TRUE.
It is £30 for EACH turn … this was from the driver / trainer / assessor @ NYK Logistics in Leeds … he assured me this was TRUE … as he also works part-time on a weekend … training Police drivers to do high-speed pursuit :wink: :unamused:
Can’t remember if he had also been on the balcony :laughing:

I would be surprised if a company would agree to pay for beer

5thwheel:

Ben9:

Contraflow:

But which Town Hall?

David :wink: :wink:

Any of your choice.

NewLad:

Rob K:

theantbox:
Maybe a silly question, but what does MMTM stand for? Seen it a few times now…

MMTM stories usually involve one or more of the following :

1. Closely missing a certain Channel ferry.
  2. Being stuck in 30ft drifts at Shap in winter 62/3.
  3. Calling police to cone off your lorry when you run out of time tipping at RDCs.
  4. SAS.
  5. VOSA handing out fines for curtain buckle tassles not being tucked in/legs not being wound all the way to the top.

YMMV.

When I had my class 1 training my instructor even said it £30 a full turn, I questioned it with my trainer at work and he said they do fine you but he had hered it’s £10 I nearly wet myself both times. Surly you dont get find for a turn on the legs

Its £60 a turn in high gear and £30 a turn in low gear :open_mouth: and if you belaeve that then your BS filter needs to be vastly sharpened up :wink: