MMD Portsmouth (Mainland Market Deliveries)

Harvey how many off them bought trucks after the trip ? that’s what I want to know, Buzzer

HRS:
Morning all,
I have posted this on truck net before, taken when we took a load of customers to Sweden.
How many do you
recognise ■■? Harvey
PS Besides ROY of course.

Hi Harvey, a bit before my time at Princes (88 to 03) but i do remember Eric Pettit from sales…is that Mr Prince senior to his left? What ii’d give to own a flat roof F series now!!
Reguards Lee…

leezer1:

HRS:
Morning all,
I have posted this on truck net before, taken when we took a load of customers to Sweden.
How many do you
recognise ■■? Harvey

Hi Harvey, a bit before my time at Princes (88 to 03) but i do remember Eric Pettit from sales…is that Mr Prince senior to his left? What ii’d give to own a flat roof F series now!!
Reguards Lee…

Only know one in that picture far left in front of blue N cab truck, a salesman but name eludes me cant recognise you Harvey but you were young when that was taken, “leezer1” I know for a flat cab pusher axle F12 on an A reg but he wants K20 for it bit too much really.
In 92/3 I went to Sweden courtesy of Princes/Volvo when the FH was launched of which I had ordered four without even seeing it, we stayed in a Sheridan hotel very nice but I bet it cost Volvo a packet, drinks and phone calls were an absolute fortune but I was warned before using either about the cost, the Southern half of the country went one week followed by the North the week after, have been offered to go again since but declined, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:

leezer1:

HRS:
Morning all,
How many do you
recognise ■■? Harvey

Reguards Lee…

Only know one in that picture far left in front of blue N cab truck, a salesman but name eludes me cant recognise you Harvey but you were young when that was taken, “leezer1” I know for a flat cab pusher axle F12 on an A reg but he wants K20 for it bit too much really.
In 92/3 I went to Sweden courtesy of Princes/Volvo when the FH was launched of which I had ordered four without even seeing it, we stayed in a Sheridan hotel very nice but I bet it cost Volvo a packet, drinks and phone calls were an absolute fortune but I was warned before using either about the cost, the Southern half of the country went one week followed by the North the week after, have been offered to go again since but declined, cheers Buzzer.

The salesman you mention John was Gordon Crittell IIRC…i was confusing him with Eric Pettit in earlier post…alongside a then young Roger Leppard they had a very successful few yrs after the launch of the FH! …Apologies Harvey for hijacking the MMD thread!
Reguards Lee

Hi all, Harvey who was the guy second from left in the brown suit and brown tie i recognize him but can’t remember his name. Old age i think. :smiley:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, Harvey who was the guy second from left in the brown suit and brown tie i recognize him but can’t remember his name. Old age i think. :smiley:

Hi Kev,

That’s John Cooper Fleet Engineer Robert Armstrong/P&O

Regards
Richard

Hi all, Thanks for that Rich. I thought i recognized him but yes that’s him. :smiley:

gerbil sb152:

If you meant right, It was a chap called John Cooper from Robert Armstrongs. Harvey

Buzzer:
Harvey how many off them bought trucks after the trip ? that’s what I want to know, Buzzer

Hi John, good question.
Two reasons for taking people on a trip, one to say thank you for your business over the last year or so and to introduce new people to the product.
A satisfied customer is a better salesman than me in such a group, (probable in any group) ha !!!
There was always the opportunity for existing customers to ask questions direct to the right people re, availability/ price of parts etc.
Also, last but not least, when the customer knows you have seen him in a night club with his head between two beautiful well rounded breasts your relationship is different. :laughing:
So to answer your question John it is very hard to quantify but it is always worth while. Harvey

Reguards Lee…
[/quote]
[/quote]
Far left with check tie is dear old Gordon RIP. I am third from the right standing, check suit orange tie. John Prince never went on the trips nor did his son Michael.
Far right kneeling down was David King, RIP of Amesbury transport. Behind him Gerald Ferguson of Redland brick, etc etc Harvey

HRS:

Buzzer:

Hi John, good question.
Two reasons for taking people on a trip, one to say thank you for your business over the last year or so and to introduce new people to the product.
A satisfied customer is a better salesman than me in such a group, (probable in any group) ha !!!
There was always the opportunity for existing customers to ask questions direct to the right people re, availability/ price of parts etc.
Also, last but not least, when the customer knows you have seen him in a night club with his head between two beautiful well rounded breasts your relationship is different. :laughing:
So to answer your question John it is very hard to quantify but it is always worth while. Harvey

Harvey you are right about asking questions, as I said before I went on a trip I had pre ordered 4 of the then new FH range globetrotters we were not the first to have them in the country as ours were always LHD but when I saw those huge mirrors I had to ask about replacement cost but was surprised to find they were reasonable, also I queried the electric seats as I thought that was unnecessary but in my time we have bought over a hundred new trucks and the majority being Volvo, cheers Buzzer.

Nmp.

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 09.18.14.jpg

^^^^ Is this the same corner?

NPC405LMayssmall.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

No. That was me coming out of Calais on the old road. Slightly overweight.

As am I now! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:

ERF-NGC-European:

No. That was me coming out of Calais on the old road. Slightly overweight.

As am I now! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: Ah! You must have been keen to get to the front of the queue for cut-price smokes up the canal at Adinkerk then! :sunglasses:

Just come across another photo taken in the same spot. Looks like the UK to me but Charlie reckons it was Calais. Well he was there so he should know.
Any idea who the photographer was?

NPC405LMayssmall.jpg

167165017_10218760154011946_7402148829701259091_n.jpg

Hi all, Charlie was that you driving the Mays motor looks like you were getting a bit off speed on that bend. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, Charlie was that you driving the Mays motor looks like you were getting a bit off speed on that bend. :sunglasses:

Hi Kev.Yes that was me. Bit overweight on the front. Plus all steel suspension which didn’t help!
I enjoyed working for Mays. They paid by the hour. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Charlie what year ish was that picture and where was it taken. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi Charlie what year ish was that picture and where was it taken. :sunglasses:

Hi Kev. That pic was taken coming out of Calais on the old road. Probably about 74 ish. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: