MJD & sons?

Hello everyone,I am quite excited,after many phone calls and filling in application forms,I have finally secured an interview with MJD and Sons Hauliers,for a job near to my home,which is what I have been after for ages.Its for days shunting or running out of the Edmonton site on the North/South Route,or Mollison Avenue.I expect some of you know it.Does anybody have any knowledge of or have worked for this company before.Any info prior to the interview on Tuesday will be greatly appreciated.Many thanks,

Glenn, :slight_smile:

have fun,if you can find a motor without any bumps dents and scratches i did hear you get a bonus ■■

Good Luck with the interview Glenn… Hope you get the job buddy… :wink:

All the Best :smiley:

glenn, there depot is down the road from me and i know a couple of drivers who worked there and its not good news i,m affraid they are always advertising in the local rag for drivers you get a nice shiney wagon but the money ain,t so good i,ve heard plenty of dodgey running is in order,its wot i,ve heard through the grapevine so be careful,mop n bucket money

used to talk to there guys a lot whilst working for pollocks… the vast majority of there work is out of and into the various coca cola sites, edmonton, thurrock, dartford,grays, and that general area… some decent motors but most are wrecked dents filthy etc etc… spoke to a guy who did tramping for them, brewery work up n down the country…( HE SAID) he took home around the £650 per week mark■■? :unamused: :unamused:

Did agency for them a year ago.Their yard is a disused cement site,so in the summer its dust everywere and in the winter its thick mud. Every week its different faces,drivers comeing and going all the time.the work is ok,but its long hours,filthy rotten motors and trailers.i also found that they dont know how to treat drivers properly,hence the high turn over of drivers.Their money worked out to be about £380 with bonus and attendance allowance for 60hr then £10hr after that,and you had to do your 60hr before you got your o/t. hope this helps a little,personally there are alot better firms out there.

…( HE SAID) he took home around the £650 per week mark■■?

:neutral_face:

■■?

something wrong with that quote lucey■■?

innit:
you get a nice shiney wagon but the money ain,t so good

sounds a bit like the company advertising that “substantial pay rise” on a different thread

duz that make 'em cowboys oddsodz?

MOP+BUCKET MONEY… :wink:

I have run in & out with rental trucks & I having been in the yard a few times & its no place that I would choose to work.
Some of thier guys are A1, but many seem to be total cowboys.
as for nice trucks. yep shure are if you prefer modern heaps to 30 year old heaps.
Maintanance from what I have seen is a bit hit & miss.
The only good thing about them is …well…erm…

ohterry555:
something wrong with that quote lucey■■?

Yeah! I’m jealous! :cry: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

north surrey haulage:

innit:
you get a nice shiney wagon but the money ain,t so good

sounds a bit like the company advertising that “substantial pay rise” on a different thread

duz that make 'em cowboys oddsodz?

could be ? how would i know you started the thread !!

Oh well,I do seem to keep picking these dodgy companies at the moment,don’t I but there seems to be an awful lot of them around.I picked up a copy of Truck and Driver this week and Safeway drivers in Australia earn the equivalent of £640 for a 45/50 hour week.How the hell can this be? Is it because the population of Australia is so small and you don’t have the amount of people there who are willing to work for next to nothing?They also get the choice of 10 weeks paid holiday a year ,but in return work 50 hours but get paid for only 45.What do you say to that Tone :slight_smile: .

Were all getting the urine extracted out of us :open_mouth: .I will have the interview anyway.I was told £455 for a 55 hour week.Not brilliant is it.

Anyway,I personally can’t wait for the WTD.At this rate I think I will end up in a non driving job.Sainsbury Waltham Abbey are paying £11 per hour for Warehouse staff.They told me basically,I have no chance of getting on the wagons.They want 2 years experience,and they are not recruiting at the moment.

I am sick to death of phoning companies and agencies,being promised that they will call back and never do.Why do these people treat us drivers with so little respect.I’m looking at starting up on my own sometime.Thats probably the only way I will get to do what I want,and not have to drive a crappy ERF Ec11.Thanks again everyone for the all your replies.I know I can count on Trucknet to tell it how it really is.

Welcome to th wonderful world of truck`in Glenn,
You are right mate about wharehouse staff pay…in haydock merseyside…Sainsburys wharehouse lads went on strike and got £7.53 an hour, this is an area with more than its share of social problems / unemployment,ect. Then along comes a so called professional driver mawling a 44 tonne truck about all day on £5/£6 or if he is lucky or working for some agency £7.00 p/h… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Extracting the urine.com :exclamation:

WE ARE MUGS…GETTING LESS MONEY THAN GUYS TIPPING US… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

MOP`N BUCKET.COM

Glenn:
Oh well,I do seem to keep picking these dodgy companies at the moment,don’t I but there seems to be an awful lot of them around.I picked up a copy of Truck and Driver this week and Safeway drivers in Australia earn the equivalent of £640 for a 45/50 hour week.How the hell can this be? Is it because the population of Australia is so small and you don’t have the amount of people there who are willing to work for next to nothing?They also get the choice of 10 weeks paid holiday a year ,but in return work 50 hours but get paid for only 45.What do you say to that Tone :slight_smile: .

Were all getting the urine extracted out of us :open_mouth: .I will have the interview anyway.I was told £455 for a 55 hour week.Not brilliant is it.

Anyway,I personally can’t wait for the WTD.At this rate I think I will end up in a non driving job.Sainsbury Waltham Abbey are paying £11 per hour for Warehouse staff.They told me basically,I have no chance of getting on the wagons.They want 2 years experience,and they are not recruiting at the moment.

I am sick to death of phoning companies and agencies,being promised that they will call back and never do.Why do these people treat us drivers with so little respect.I’m looking at starting up on my own sometime.Thats probably the only way I will get to do what I want,and not have to drive a crappy ERF Ec11.Thanks again everyone for the all your replies.I know I can count on Trucknet to tell it how it really is.

you will probily find that truck and driver have got it wrong and it should read aus dollers per week ■■?

No I haven’t got it wrong oddsodz,I said the equivalent.The total wage for the week they gave was in excess of 1200 Australian Dollars! :open_mouth:

At this rate the Lithuaininans will be catching up on our wages. :frowning:

And the conditions that they work under are even better.I used to do part-time weekend bulk fridge work for a Safeway contract to Safeway stores and the Safeway blokes were very cagey when asked their pay,also noting that they DO NOT touch any freight whatssoever.
A good mate of mine won the lottery when asked,yep you dont apply to join you get asked,and the stories you hear as rumour are fact.They are forced to take their lunchour break etc etc
You will be dismissed for speeding etc as its bad PR for the company and so it should be.
So why cant every transport company py the wages and hav the same conditions s Safeway?You never hear a bad word about any Safeway driver and their drivers are he most happy cheerful lot of blokes you can meet,wonder why?Trucking company managers take note…
Waiting for my chance at lifelong employment at one company.

Its a shame Safeway UK dont have the same idea!

I was offered a job with them running out of its Stockton dept at £5.75 per hour! :open_mouth: all through
When I asked why the pay is so ■■■■ they said its the going rate :open_mouth:
I told them their nice new moter is not going anywhere at that rate!

I wont even shop there now!