Mj Griffiths Transport

Hi all, I was on the m25 junction 23 on Friday eve ( in my car) and there was a M J Griffiths Transport Driver in the middle lane up the ■■■ and flashing the car in front (mini) to speed up, even though it was overtaking , 50mph limit, heavy traffic. He the proceeded to swing out into lane 3 and cut me up, then at the last Minuite cut across all 3 lanes to exit for the a1. I know we get a bad rap by joe public but surely this is just stupid? In the days of dashcams ect. Now as a truck driver i let it go over my head as 99% of the time the bad driving comes from car drivers. So you should be ashamed, especially as there have been bad accidents with trucks in recent weeks not far from there. On the limiter through the roadworks and if anyone is doing the speed limit just intimidate them?

Moderator’s Edit:
Please have a read of the forum rule regarding the posting of registration numbers. dd.

essexdaz:
Hi all, I was on the m25 junction 23 on Friday eve ( in my car) and there was a M J Griffiths Transport Driver in the middle lane up the ■■■ and flashing the car in front (mini) to speed up, even though it was overtaking , 50mph limit, heavy traffic. He the proceeded to swing out into lane 3 and cut me up, then at the last Minuite cut across all 3 lanes to exit for the a1. I know we get a bad rap by joe public but surely this is just stupid? In the days of dashcams ect. Now as a truck driver i let it go over my head as 99% of the time the bad driving comes from car drivers. So you should be ashamed, especially as there have been bad accidents with trucks in recent weeks not far from there. On the limiter through the roadworks and if anyone is doing the speed limit just intimidate them?

Yeah occasionally, especially the Richard Head driver for Berendsen in Edinburgh the other week who thought in a 40mph limit it was ok to come steaming up the outer lane to a roundabout and try and overtake me as I am turning left onto the roundabout. Did he expect me to take out the railings with the trailer or just demolish my off side? He then burned off down the road at about 45-50mph.

The trouble is everyone is in a bloody tearing hurry. Fine if the road is empty (subject to Mr Plod with his Vascar) not if it is somewhat busy ffs.

I’d like to see operators fined for their drivers speeding offences too. Soon stop that crap if they were paying.

Totally agree. It’s like we all have such a bad reputation as it is and I think I was in the lane closure for where that nasty accident happened last week, involving a artic. I struggle to get what’s in people’s minds. I am even worried someone will grass me up / record me if I have a sneaky cigarette in my cab!

Must be something in the water around Burscough , seen a Bond motor and Sephton transport motor , on separate occasions , doing exactly the same coming thru the roadworks between 16 and 19 on the M6 , driving like complete tools with no regard for anybody else . But the sephton transport hero went 1 better and passed everything by going in lane 3 :open_mouth: he was driving a new Scania so maybe that makes it ok :question:

M62 near Leeds a couple of weeks ago. I’m in lane 1 going with the flow, fairly heavy traffic all doing about 50 so was amazed to see an artic use the outside lane not once but 3 times as if it was totally normal. I put it down to either stupidity or a driver that simply doesn’t give a f**k because he didn’t look stressed out and wasn’t driving aggressively. Best bit was when after blatantly flouting the law he came off a few miles later at the Bradford M621 turn not really any further up the road than if he’d stayed with me.
Weird [emoji53]

Sand Fisher:

essexdaz:

Yeah occasionally, especially the Richard Head driver for Berendsen in Edinburgh the other week who thought in a 40mph limit it was ok to come steaming up the outer lane to a roundabout and try and overtake me as I am turning left onto the roundabout. Did he expect me to take out the railings with the trailer or just demolish my off side? He then burned off down the road at about 45-50mph.

The trouble is everyone is in a bloody tearing hurry. Fine if the road is empty (subject to Mr Plod with his Vascar) not if it is somewhat busy ffs.

I’d like to see operators fined for their drivers speeding offences too. Soon stop that crap if they were paying.

I think that’s how they work out in Canada, was reading the other day something about the Drivers Abstract, any infringement, rule breaking whether it be in a truck or your own private car is reported to your boss, I don’t know if its any different to the DVLA license checks that are done quarterly in the UK…

A lot of the comments on TNUK about “foot down Friday” always make me wonder about “their” conduct on this particular day of the week…
The other friday, we had a Keedwells on its side in Derby, a Firmins tipped over on the Lincoln bypass, and another on the A50 @ Sudbury…makes you wonder, just say`n like :blush:

DCPC…[emoji57]

must get the fruit & veg to market before it goes off I suppose. :smiling_imp:

It was not Veg,it was meat

TBF to Mick, those Ekeri trailers are expensive…two shifts minimum kit :open_mouth: