Mixing domestic & eu driving hrs

Hello,

Was looking for some guidance, Im currently a delivery driver for a supermarket & just passed my class 2. Having little to no experience i thought maybe i could do some agency work at the weekends, But i’m not sure if i would be breaking the law by doing so?

DannyDC2:
Hello,

Was looking for some guidance, Im currently a delivery driver for a supermarket & just passed my class 2. Having little to no experience i thought maybe i could do some agency work at the weekends, But i’m not sure if i would be breaking the law by doing so?

If you work as a van driver in a vehicle not mare than 3.5 tonnes GVW from mon to fri then you can drive under EU regs for one day every other weekend due to weekly rest rules

The van work needs recording and counts as other work for the EU regs

WTD for van driving and lorry are separate and do not get added together

But to add - the van work only needs recording as date, name and start & end times.

Technically it should be recorded on a tachograph disc, digital print out or onto a digital card. In reality - DVSA will probably be ok with a diary or time sheet.

What ROG has said is spot on. There must be no more than 144 hours (6 X 24 hour periods) between your weekly rests and any two consecutive weeks must contain at least 2 weekly rests of which one needs to be at least 45 hours - the other can be as little as 24 hours. Oh - and you’ll owe compensation for any reduced weekly rest that you are counting.

I reckon i might just hand in my notice after i’ve spoken to some agency’s
Its abit worrying not knowing how long you could be out of work for especially this time of year.

Anyway thanks for replies =)

DannyDC2:
I reckon i might just hand in my notice after i’ve spoken to some agency’s
Its abit worrying not knowing how long you could be out of work for especially this time of year.

Anyway thanks for replies =)

I`m pretty sure from reading other threads that agencies will all promise you the earth to get you on their books, but not always fulfill those promises. Approaching Xmas there should be more work around, but often there is a lull in the new year. Be VERY wary about chucking over a full time job on the promise of agency work…