Mixer advice

Got an interview and assessment for driving a mixer. Never had any experience with mixers before (apparently its not a problem) but would just like a heads up on the do’s and do not’s of mixer driving apparently some nights out too.

Thanks

Bloody phone posted it 4 times mod delete 3 please lol

Nights out on a mixer, Hasletts from Sheffield by any chance?
Never driven a mixer myself (but I’ve heard there maybe a job…) but from delivering to concrete plants, I’d say keep the inside of the drum clean. If asked if you have a dry drum, dry means no chemicals have been left in the drum to clear it etc. Make sure the mixer is positioned right under the loading chute or the batcher will get a bit upset. Always note on delivery ticket how much water the customer has asked you to put in (it can be failed for being too wet).

No mate don’t really want to say where it is in case the gaffers use social media or truck net and don’t like it being in the public also I want the job and want as few as possible to apply lol

Pm me I was an OD with tarmac for about 12 years and used to do a bit on the side until recently a couple of mates still run a fleet of mixers varying from 3 to 6m3 and one runs a mixer workshop

Take it home at weekends and make a massive Angel Delight.

If you get the job you’ll spend some time with an experienced guy to learn the ropes, it’s not just driving… there’s a fair bit more to it.

It’s one of the best jobs I’ve had, every day is different.

One thing I will say is that if your reversing isn’t up to scratch, it soon will be :wink:

Melchett:
If you get the job you’ll spend some time with an experienced guy to learn the ropes, it’s not just driving… there’s a fair bit more to it.

It’s one of the best jobs I’ve had, every day is different.

One thing I will say is that if your reversing isn’t up to scratch, it soon will be :wink:

Not exactly handball though, is it? Unless your company says you have to help on barrow jobs. Unloading into pumps needs timing, stopping the flow into crane-skips etc. Officially the rules say only driver operates the chutes but I’ve seen it ignored more times than not. A bit more thought needed when loaded going around roundabouts, and you’ll meet some weekend Brunels who

Thanks everyone for the advice.my reversing is pretty good if I’m being honest after all a rigid is just a big car in the way it behaves not like an artic.

Muckaway:
Not exactly handball though, is it? Unless your company says you have to help on barrow jobs. Unloading into pumps needs timing, stopping the flow into crane-skips etc. Officially the rules say only driver operates the chutes but I’ve seen it ignored more times than not. A bit more thought needed when loaded going around roundabouts, and you’ll meet some weekend Brunels who

Dunno what “not exactly handball” means in relation to my post■■?

Fair enough it’s easily picked up but it’s not your average driving job…

schwepes tonic isn’t bad but I like Canada dry :grimacing:

Well looks like I have got the job, decent pay structure more than happy with potential earnings kit is well maintained 4 nights out a week and dcpc is paid for they are also putting me through the EPIC course.

Buzzin

NewLad:
Well looks like I have got the job, 4 nights out a week.

Buzzin

In a mixer :question: :question:
High roof cabs or standard sleepers :question: :neutral_face:

Its a mixed fleet I know they have a new fh but I would be AMAZED if I got that they have some other volvos and at least 1 scania. I’ll keep you informed. I know they have some old kit but the drivers get a bonus if they look after their waggon so it should all be in good nick.

Quite a few sleeper cabbed mixers around these days. The days of a particular truck being an “xyz plant” wagon are long gone.