Mixed tacho fleet (digi + Anologue) question

Sorry for the hijack but my digi card has expired and since I only intend to drive on analogue until they can shove their cpc do I have a problem :confused:

ladder49:
Sorry for the hijack but my digi card has expired and since I only intend to drive on analogue until they can shove their cpc do I have a problem :confused:

You donā€™t have to renew your driver card and thereā€™s nothing to stop you driving a vehicle with an analogue tachograph, so no you donā€™t have a problem, well not unless someone asks you to use a digital tachograph anyway :wink:

Thanks for that it was Ā£20 quid iirc to renew the digi card plus the same again for my driving licence which needed renewing too so I had to go and sit in the photo booth in Morrisons
Itā€™s just stupid since the same photo does both so itā€™s just a money making scam :angry:

tachograph:

Saaamon:

Own Account Driver:

Saaamon:
If you knew how expensive the paper is i doubt youā€™d be asking this.

I reckon theyā€™re a big rip off thereā€™s no way shops are paying the same kind of money for till rolls, which are way bigger anyway.

Its a different kind of paper as im sure you know, probably a reason for it but i dont know what it is.

I donā€™t know what the exact difference is but as far as Iā€™m aware digital tachograph printing paper is a higher quality thermal paper than till roll paper, I think it has a coating that has more resistance to damage from sunlight ecā€™t.

It needs to be good quality because of the need to keep some printouts for a year or more and still be able to read them.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a far more technical answer but Iā€™ve no idea what it is :grimacing:

I would suggest that the most important difference between till roll and Tacho roll is the manual entry grid on the back of the right stuff. Donā€™t you have to have that, just in case the VU goes wrong?

nsmith1180:

tachograph:

Saaamon:

Own Account Driver:

Saaamon:

I reckon theyā€™re a big rip off thereā€™s no way shops are paying the same kind of money for till rolls, which are way bigger anyway.

Its a different kind of paper as im sure you know, probably a reason for it but i dont know what it is.

I donā€™t know what the exact difference is but as far as Iā€™m aware digital tachograph printing paper is a higher quality thermal paper than till roll paper, I think it has a coating that has more resistance to damage from sunlight ecā€™t.

It needs to be good quality because of the need to keep some printouts for a year or more and still be able to read them.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a far more technical answer but Iā€™ve no idea what it is :grimacing:

I would suggest that the most important difference between till roll and Tacho roll is the manual entry grid on the back of the right stuff. Donā€™t you have to have that, just in case the VU goes wrong?

You may be right but I wouldnā€™t have thought it would make that much difference to the cost, have you seen the garb the supermarkets put on the back of recites :slight_smile:

tachograph:

nsmith1180:

tachograph:

Saaamon:

Own Account Driver:

Saaamon:

You may be right but I wouldnā€™t have thought it would make that much difference to the cost, have you seen the garb the supermarkets put on the back of recites :slight_smile:

There is also the fact that it is something we have to have so they can charge what they want for it.

tachograph:

Saaamon:

Own Account Driver:

Saaamon:

Got it in one Till rolls will fade over a period of time but because of the higher quality of the paper required for print out purposes it wonā€™t.