Mixed EU and GB Domestic

Newbie here, just passed class 2 yesterday and waiting to do cpc mod 4 :smiley:

But here’s my question, as a bus driver currently working 4 days a week under GB domestic driving hours, how do I stand with doing odd shifts of class 2 work on days off? I understand what I’d need with the weekly rest periods, but do my hours driving under domestic add up as driving or other work for the weekly/2 weekly EU driving limits? And am I only on domestic hours still on days when I’m driving a bus so can still go over 4.5 hours etc?

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up!

cman:
Newbie here, just passed class 2 yesterday and waiting to do cpc mod 4 :smiley:

But here’s my question, as a bus driver currently working 4 days a week under GB domestic driving hours, how do I stand with doing odd shifts of class 2 work on days off? I understand what I’d need with the weekly rest periods, but do my hours driving under domestic add up as driving or other work for the weekly/2 weekly EU driving limits? And am I only on domestic hours still on days when I’m driving a bus so can still go over 4.5 hours etc?

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up!

For HGV EU regulations the bus driving done in the same week that you’re on EU regulations counts as other work, for domestic regulations any driving done in-scope of EU regulations counts towards the domestic driving time.

On days that you drive only to domestic regulations those regulations apply, EU regulations only apply on days that you drive in-scope of EU regulations.

On any day that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you should comply with the EU daily rest requirements, in weeks that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you should comply with the EU weekly rest requirements.

Thanks, just wanted to be sure because someone I work with was trying to say if I do a day under EU hours, I can’t do some of the shifts we have where we drive for up to 5.5 hours before a break.

Your colleague is wrong :wink:

Drivers’ hours and tachographs rules: goods vehicles (GV262)
3. Mixed EU/AETR and Great Britain domestic driving

Just as I thought :wink: of course he wasn’t having any of it :laughing: